Westworld | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Westworld

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah, Jurassic World is still my favorite theme park website layout.

Did you log into any of the Admin portions of the site?

JW is exactly what I thought of as it was tech complicated yet easy to navigate. As far as admin, it wouldn't accept my email address. I just diddled the four links at the top.

BTW, apparently the entire internet lit up on Sunday night because of that 4 second shot I spoke of. Apparently everyone was startled by it. Like my first viewing of JP in the theater years ago, my first thought was "that isn't possible!".

Last point to go with the theory I've been discussing

What killed Teddy at the end of episode 3? The things that were roaring and then- presumably- killed him. Remember the group of- I'm guessing- athletes of some sort that were sleeping with the prostitutes? Big strong guys (one was black)- I'm thinking it was them as they went off with the "bad" posse. Teddy was shooting them and they never got shot- so it's obviously guests. And a group of guests at that.

Which takes me back to the bullet theory. William gets shot and gets knocked down like he gets hit with a bean bag. Man in black and now this group of athletes get shot and nothing Happens. I'm thinking it's improved bullet technology over the 30 year difference of timelines. Or, it could be as simple as my brother puts it. "Pussies get shot and fall down. Badasses don't get affected". My brother is a marine, what can I say? :)

As ever visual, Hollywood loves the aluminum chairs designed in the 40's for the war. They are quite famous. They continue to be used in many many films, including this series in the backstage rooms.

Arguing the theories given in previous spoilers, why aren't the characters more clickety clackety if it was/is 30 years prior? None of them move like the old bill character at all. I await your explanation.

As ever visual, Hollywood loves the aluminum chairs designed in the 40's for the war. They are quite famous. They continue to be used in many many films, including this series in the backstage rooms.

Arguing the theories given in previous spoilers, why aren't the characters more clickety clackety if it was/is 30 years prior? None of them move like the old bill character at all. I await your explanation.

That is my issue with the theory. There are too many similarities. Like with Dolores old father they mentioned like 4 different positions he had previously. Over 30 years I would doubt that 90% plus of the people we see are the same. They have filmed it in a way that they can get away with it but it would leave plotholes of everything looking too samey and the tech looking stagnant when they have already proven it has advanced leaps and bounds. At least this will all be answered once they cut back to Dolores and Will next week.

Teebin's dream TV series: "Westworld Meets Game of Thrones" :hail:
I can't speak for Teebin but this show is doing it for me on a whole different level than GoT. But I am a sucker for good sci-fi and have always loved the western aesthetic.

Man, some of you guys have good eyes. Seeing things I did not notice at first, many plausible as well.

Are the hosts really robots? In episode 3 we see Ford in the past with his I assume then first gen hosts. But as we see from all episodes, the newer ones are what appears to be 3d printed. And also appears to be no moving mechanical parts. Which someone mentioned earlier with the child and possibly hearing clicks, but no one makes clicks or anything from what I can tell. So either the animatronics are Disney level times a billion, or they are 3D printed cyborgs. Im sure someone can make sense of that for me.

Also, where is the park exactly. Obviously the control room and such is below it. But how and where do you hide such a massive park? It is literally 10's to 100's of square miles for the guests to explore. How do you hide that?

Man, some of you guys have good eyes. Seeing things I did not notice at first, many plausible as well.

Are the hosts really robots? In episode 3 we see Ford in the past with his I assume then first gen hosts. But as we see from all episodes, the newer ones are what appears to be 3d printed. And also appears to be no moving mechanical parts. Which someone mentioned earlier with the child and possibly hearing clicks, but no one makes clicks or anything from what I can tell. So either the animatronics are Disney level times a billion, or they are 3D printed cyborgs. Im sure someone can make sense of that for me.

Also, where is the park exactly. Obviously the control room and such is below it. But how and where do you hide such a massive park? It is literally 10's to 100's of square miles for the guests to explore. How do you hide that?

The kid is of an older variety. 2:28 in this video you see his face open up.

The park is somewhere unknown. Some think it is not on earth. In an interview Nolan said if you pay attention you should figure it out by the end of the season but the lady showrunner disagreed with him. So if we do find out it will be very subtle or implied.

I can't speak for Teebin but this show is doing it for me on a whole different level than GoT.

Yeah, it is totally different. GoT is very apparent and the questions are obvious. WW is a maze of "what in hell am I watching?!?!" WW holds ones attention because it is so sexy and beautifully shot. The idea of it has a dark allure that few would admit to.

Reactions: alomar