Westworld | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Westworld

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
More crazy thoughts
The voice that tells Dolores to kill him at the end sounds like a modulated version of Bernard. So I think you are right in that Bernard might be linked to Arnold instead since the voices are Arnold. I am now also coming back to the thought that the MiB is a robot. Him and Bernard were Arnold's last creations before he was murdered as a fail safe to carry out his work. Bernard to further the consciousness of the robots and the Man in Black to solve the maze and set all the robots free. When the little girl says the maze isn't for the MiB I think it was built by Arnold as a physical backdoor to the system of Westworld.

Reactions: Andysol
And that bedroom bureau draw incident really puzzles me. Something was there, and then it was not. Are we seeing the perspective of the camera or the host? How can something just disappear like that.
I think Dolores was just losing time. She went and hid the gun in the barn and her programming attempting to scrub the parts where she is going off script. Also at the end you can see her past melting in with her remembering being shot by the guy at the house and seeing her previous father.

One thing I just don't get are the hosts having these mini scenarios in the middle of nowhere. No guests around, not part of any show. Kinda like the MK parade in south Osceola county on a country road. Little reason for it.

One thing I just don't get are the hosts having these mini scenarios in the middle of nowhere. No guests around, not part of any show. Kinda like the MK parade in south Osceola county on a country road. Little reason for it.
Bernard mentions to the corporate lady that it is for practice. Also since they are operating in the physical world, the robots have to keep to their programming in case someone stumbles upon them at any point. Its not like a computer sim where you can only render and simulate the immediate area that the person is looking at. Unlike in a computer you cant simply plop in an NPC at will since they are all being physically represented.

Bernard mentions to the corporate lady that it is for practice. Also since they are operating in the physical world, the robots have to keep to their programming in case someone stumbles upon them at any point. Its not like a computer sim where you can only render and simulate the immediate area that the person is looking at. Unlike in a computer you cant simply plop in an NPC at will since they are all being physically represented.

Yeah, well it seems pointless to me. All these fauxmans playing tales in the countryside.

Do we yet know if they repair the shooting victims or just build new ones and upload their memories?

Yeah, well it seems pointless to me. All these fauxmans playing tales in the countryside.

Do we yet know if they repair the shooting victims or just build new ones and upload their memories?

Bernard specifically mention in episode 2 that they have conversations amongst themselves as a way to "autocorrect" themselves. And that it's practice for them. Then the girl he's boning asked if that's what he's doing to her.

Edit: just noticed that was already said :/

In episode 2 they have them all in the room getting hosed off. So I assume each night they gather up the dead and clean/repair them.

I could also try to explain my reasoning for why they run their loop regardless of if there is an audience, but I would assume this forum has a character limit for posts.

I could also try to explain my reasoning for why they run their loop regardless of if there is an audience, but I would assume this forum has a character limit for posts.

If you have been here long enough then you wouldn't know it. Some people plagiarize War and Peace in these threads.

Obsessing as I tend to do... I watched the show again today, and I paused that which I have already stated shocked me. I searched for mistakes... there are none. The facial movements are so slight that they work. And when I say slight, I mean teeny weeny. There is no talking so that probably makes the shots more saleable. I fall on my knees and weep at the art of it.

Oh, and not only that, but they captured Hopkins acting facials... it was so Hopkins.

And the dude guest who is constantly arriving zipping up his pants... his days have to be numbered.

And his gentle friend is getting himself into a potential mess with Miss Abernathy. She is beginning to get glitchy too. After watching a second time, I am not convinced that Bernard is a biobot as he is so analytical. How would Ford have ever created him without anyone knowing and made him so stable. It is so unnerving to see these characters yanked through the mud to be raped or cornered to be shot or captured to have their heads cut off.

Reactions: Joel and Mr. EPCOT
If you aren't interested in theories and/or havent watched Episode 3- dont read this- this might actually spoil it if it's true.
William is the Man in Black
The whole William/Lucas storyline takes place 30 years prior.
-We don't know how old the park is- but we do know it reached "critical failure" 30 years ago.
-We know that Delores is "the oldest in the park". Not necessarily the oldest- the park could also be 60 years old- we don't know. But even if she is the 1st ever- the repair man said shes been fixed so many times its like she's new- so she wouldn't have any old, glitchy, tech at all.
-William, exactly like the MiB, picked up the can Delores dropped and tipped his hat to her. Only Teddy also did the same.
-William and Lucas are totally independent from other guests- we don't see them with the lady who is hunting with Teddy in his new storyline, etc. So yes, they could be present day, but there is nothing tying them to that.
-When William is shot, it hurts him and leaves a bruise. When MIB is shot, it does nothing. Improved bullet technology after 30 years?
-Delores, during the closing scene at the ranch on Episode 3 was having flashbacks and we, as the audience, were witnessing both past and present. She got shot, she didn't get shot. She got raped by the MiB, she shot, and killed the bandit.
-We end with her running into Williams arms. But is this from 30 years ago?

Interesting to say the least. Nothing can really disprove it currently that I know of.

Last edited:
If you aren't interested in theories and/or havent watched Episode 3- dont read this- this might actually spoil it if it's true.
William is the Man in Black
The whole William/Lucas storyline takes place 30 years prior.
-We know that Delores has been around since day one- shes the OG robot.
-William, exactly like the MiB, picked up the can Delores dropped and tipped his hat to her. Only Teddy also did the same.
-William and Lucas are totally independent from other guests- we don't see them with the lady who is hunting with Teddy in his new storyline, etc. So yes, they could be present day, but there is nothing tying them to that.
-When William is shot, it hurts him and leaves a bruise. When MIB is shot, it does nothing. Improved bullet technology after 30 years?
-Delores, during the closing scene at the ranch on Episode 3 was having flashbacks and we, as the audience, were witnessing both past and present. She got shot, she didn't get shot. She got raped by the MiB, she shot, and killed the bandit.
-We end with her running into Williams arms. But is this from 30 years ago?

Interesting to say the least. Nothing can really disprove it currently that I know of.

How does she see the MiB in her flashback if it happens 30 years before?

How does she see the MiB in her flashback if it happens 30 years before?
Because that scene was present day. When she runs up to William at the end- how do we know that was after she shot the guy? It could have been after she was raped for the 300th time 30 years ago.

If she mentions shooting the guy next episode, then that blows that theory away. But if she doesn't...

OK- now I'm convinced:
Here is the westworld logo when William is getting on train
yiEu3pM.png

Here is the Westworld logo during the present day talking about the new scenes:
3CB35tv.png