Westworld | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Westworld

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
There are so many layers to this show and I love it! I really like how they are establishing the lore and building up something that can run for 5 seasons without getting stale instead of just jumping into the anarchy of robots out of control. So the kid in the desert is an android of Hopkins's character as a kid right? They tease us with this story he has been working on then end the episode. HBO is so good at stringing you along and making you come back next week needing more.

Reactions: anihilnation
There are so many layers to this show and I love it! I really like how they are establishing the lore and building up something that can run for 5 seasons without getting stale instead of just jumping into the anarchy of robots out of control. So the kid in the desert is an android of Hopkins's character as a kid right? They tease us with this story he has been working on then end the episode. HBO is so good at stringing you along and making you come back next week needing more.
Or perhaps a son he lost.

Reactions: sjago13
Anthony Hopkins talking about how we have advances now to keep even our weakest of our species alive, and how we're as good as we're ever going to get was bone chilling.

No where to go but down from here..

Goodness, I would have never caught this if true. I just assumed it was a child of a guest.

Goodness, I would have never caught this if true. I just assumed it was a child of a guest.
He is a robot. If you listen carefully he makes a click when he let's go of the stick when Hopkins orders him away. Like @anihilnation said if it's not him as a kid it must be a son he lost or something. It was a very personal moment. Kind of gave me vibes of Inception where Leo has his memories stored to go visit his dead wife.

If you listen carefully he makes a click when he let's go of the stick

I just replayed the scene three times.... with the volumn to the roof, and I hear no click at all. Why would these perfect robots click???

However, I will agree that the boy follows his request to leave much like the rattlesnake, and the boy has a kind of zombie look as he walks away. I believe the snake was the setup for the clue.

I just replayed the scene three times.... with the volumn to the roof, and I hear no click at all. Why would these perfect robots click???

However, I will agree that the boy follows his request to leave much like the rattlesnake, and the boy has a kind of zombie look as he walks away. I believe the snake was the setup for the clue.
Yes, that is why I think it is his son, and he was killed by a rattlesnake. In the real world the rattlesnake could not be stopped, so he re-created his son's death, so that he can stop the snake.

Reactions: sjago13
Ooooooh.... Watching the second a second time and the Ed Harris character states that he was born in Westworld. What could this mean? And what is this maze he is searching for?

I just watched the scene again. At the 42 min mark when it zooms in on the kids face after Hopkins says not to come back there are sounds of gears shifting or something mechanical as he lowers his head.

I also take what Harris said more as metaphorical as he has most likely been coming since the beginning and being here has shaped the person he has become over the last 30 or so years.

These robots aren't even "robots". They have a skeletal system with muscles weaved in- the only thing different is their skin which is a different type of compound. So they don't even have "gears" or anything "mechanical" to make a "mechanical sound".

These robots aren't even "robots". They have a skeletal system with muscles weaved in- the only thing different is their skin which is a different type of compound. So they don't even have "gears" or anything "mechanical" to make a "mechanical sound".

Right, it is a hyper version of sinew 3D printing which I believe real science has already been experimenting with.

Ooooooh.... Watching the second a second time and the Ed Harris character states that he was born in Westworld. What could this mean? And what is this maze he is searching for?

I take that as he lead a boring life before and once he started visiting Westworld he was born again being the person he always wanted to be.

I'm curious to see what his job is in his real life.

Yeah, could he possibly be a billionaire looking to steal the tech? Is the maze the answer to all for him? He obviously knows the tech in the scalps of these faux humans.

With the way he's emphasized "there's a higher level to the game" a couple of times and the things he's done to get what he wants, I wonder if they're using his storyline partially as a metaphor for some of the controversial things that have been going on in modern gaming the past few years.

Aaaah, the Mexican street scene was shot at Universal Studios Hollywood on their backlot sets. (look for Mexican St) What is interesting is that it also states that scenes for the series were shot on their European backlot sets. I wonder what that is about.

Aaaah, the Mexican street scene was shot at Universal Studios Hollywood on their backlot sets. (look for Mexican St) What is interesting is that it also states that scenes for the series were shot on their European backlot sets. I wonder what that is about.

The movie had Medieval World and Roman world so I wonder if we will get to see glimpses of those in this first season.

The movie had Medieval World and Roman world so I wonder if we will get to see glimpses of those in this first season.
I just watched the movie last night. Very good film. I think the series will will be quite different though, probably the series will be more philosophical as well.

Yeah, could he possibly be a billionaire looking to steal the tech? Is the maze the answer to all for him? He obviously knows the tech in the scalps of these faux humans.

I can see him living a very boring life in the real world.

I think the producers have said that the first season will only be in Westworld but the next seasons could explore the other worlds.