Westworld | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Westworld

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So, tonight James Marsen (Teddy) is being given a new story in which he chases after a villain. Have we been introduced to Elsie and Stubbs yet? And casper milktoast William, (the gentler of the two guests) gets all smitten.

So, anyone want to guess what a weeks stay in Westworld would cost in it's present tense? $100K, $500K? One gets to damage as many of the hosts as they want after all.

So, anyone want to guess what a weeks stay in Westworld would cost in it's present tense? $100K, $500K? One gets to damage as many of the hosts as they want after all.
I forget exactly where it is but that information is on the website. I also got an email I think with a sample itinerary with itemized costs.

I forget exactly where it is but that information is on the website. I also got an email I think with a sample itinerary with itemized costs.

Is it in today's money or whatever year it's set? Inflation being a major factor in the price.

Teddy is the South Park Kenny of the Westworld world. Always dying over brutal deaths.

Reactions: Porkchop
Who would want to go there for one day? Did they mention prices?

f2Ym8aX.png

Reactions: Teebin
^ Thanks, I guess I have a handle on the financials of such a park should it exist. So these guests are all very very wealthy people. The Ed Harris character must be blowing through millions.

^ Thanks, I guess I have a handle on the financials of such a park should it exist. So these guests are all very very wealthy people. The Ed Harris character must be blowing through millions.

Yep, they have a reservation calculator and they charge for kids in the park is 50,000 per child per week which is why you see only few families with kids there.

Also minimum $40,000 in fees as well. $22,000 of being guest insurance for the event of getting harmed.

Wow, what I assume was a damn fine CGI of Hopkins as a younger man. So well done that it was a visual shocker.

On another note, it turns out that they are not too good at zero erasing memory. A major part of the plot.

Here's my spoiler:

I'm looking forward to reading some synopsises tomorrow online- because I'm not quite sure what I all I watched and am confused on a lot of things. Hah!

Reactions: Porkchop
This show continues to get deeper and more interesting.

I love how there is literally a ghost in the machines.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shucker
Here's my spoiler:

I'm looking forward to reading some synopsises tomorrow online- because I'm not quite sure what I all I watched and am confused on a lot of things. Hah!

You make me feel more normal by posting this. They are weaving a complicated web of a story and I don't think the writers want us to understand everything right now. They are patient making us feel uneasy.

Can u put episode details in spoiler tags pls not everyone gets Westworld on a Sunday :p

My bad. I sometimes just get so excited by things and blurt them out. ;)

BTW (not a spoiler). Elsie and Stubbs are the behavior programmers that sit on the stools in front of the hosts backstage. We've seen them since the start and I just didn't catch their names.

And Universal Pictures backlot makes an appearance once again in this 3rd episode. I kind of ruined the illusion for myself by seriously studying bing birds-eye views. It is kinda cool that the Euro backlot is right next to Mexico

Last edited:
Spoiler is wild conjecture based on the events of the 3rd episode.

I a now convinced that Bernard is a robot built in Ford's image meant to carry out his legacy. There are hints. Bernard has a dead son, which we are hinted that Ford has a dead son as well. It also seems like his fascination with the consciousness of the robots might come from a deeply subconscious feeling that he himself is a robot. Him having limited contact with the outside world and the wife saying how she wished she could just wake up and not remember her son.

I also feel the new story line is somehow about the disagreement or rift between Ford and Arnold. Ford said the best stories are based in truth and it seemed deeply personal to him. Both started on the same side of building the androids but at the end had different feelings such as Ford feeling that the humans and robots are different (his insistence that the robots aren't real) and Arnold believing conscious robots are the next evolutionary step. I could be wrong but this show seems to have layers and parallel themes so it feels right.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joel

Goodness that is deep yet plausible. I will now keep my eye on him. I didn't consider the later Ford plot points, once again because I was accosted visually. My brain is so cruel.

I have to rewatch to get some perspective. Hmmmmmm...

Reactions: Joel
Definitely possible- also:
If not Ford's image, why not Arnold's as his last programming effort prior to his death? He seems to be doing things Arnold used to do, with Ford even giving him a warning this past episode. Maybe Arnold put in the dead child backstory so Ford would trust him w/ them having something to have in common. Thing of it as Arnold's last effort to "prove to Ford" that he was correct. Ford's image seems to make more sense, but Arnold's is certainly not implausible.

On thing is for sure, it's HBO- so it will be done well, and I trust them (and the showrunners) entirely.

Reactions: sjago13
And that bedroom bureau draw incident really puzzles me. Something was there, and then it was not. Are we seeing the perspective of the camera or the host? How can something just disappear like that.