What Does IOA Need? | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

What Does IOA Need?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What Does IOA Need?

• IOA is amazing! They don't need to change anything!

Votes: 16 13.8%
  • IOA is fun the way it is,I wouldn't mind if tweaked it.

Votes: 74 63.8%
  • IOA definitely needs to change. But I still love it.

Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Meh.

Votes: 3 2.6%

• Total voters
I don't think it's legit...at all. PF can't just be retrofitted.

And Lance is getting his stuff mixed up again there. The Verbolten/Thirteen style free fall is not for Grinch.

Love the idea, hate the location. I'm 100% ready to see Sindbad go, but I would like to see them bring back PF's original storyline. But if it replaced anything in LC it'd replace PF.

Hands. Off. Mythos.

Also, it appears a Grinch coaster was proposed for the Seuss section back in the Cartoon World days (source).

Last edited:
Slightly OT but are they really going with Zierer for that? Or is it just to be a similar concept from another manufacturer? Would have thought it would be Premier really but like I say, could have misunderstood.

And JM, I agree - Mythos is the one physical thing that means I cannot let LC go :p I love the general atmosphere and market area, but Mythos is really the thing that makes me scrawl DO NOT TOUCH --> on the wall in big letters :thumbs:

I love the theming of PF's show building and forecourt. The Colossus statue is one of my favorite pieces of theming ever. But I would love to see theme put a ride based on Greek mythology in there. The show in there now really is not all that great. And Sindbad's also needs a do over.

Last edited:
I love the theming of PF's show building and forecourt. The Colosus statue is one of my favorite pieces of theming ever. But I would love to see theme put a ride based on Greek mythology in there. The show in there now really is not all that great. And Sindbad's also needs a do over.

I would agree with you. Years ago when I first experienced PF I thought it would be a ride. The facade is very well made and very striking. An awesome dark ride or something similar to Journey to atlantis would be great. Sinbad.... bleh.

Can we post the artwork for that over in the Designing of IOA thread? I've never seen it.

It's actually in the first post.

atlantisy.jpg

I still think the last thing IoA needs is another coaster with a height limit, no matter how tame it is. They need a Pirates/HM/GMR style attraction.

I tried posting this as a new thread, but it got locked, anyway:

I really like the idea of the Lost Continent, but now that Dueling Dragons have gone to WWoHP, I think sometimes needs to be done with the leftovers of The Lost Continent. Sinbad can go, not a bad show, but one time was enough for me, and it takes up a lot of valuable space. Poseidon's Fury has great theming and some cool moments, but not really a attraction with much replay value, so that could go if necessary. I've been thinking of two possibilities for Lost Continent, the obvious one is Potter phase III, and as a diehard Potterhead, I would be thrilled over that. Another possibility, is to make The Lost Continent exclusively themed to Greek Mythology. Universal is making the movie based off the God of War video game, and that opens all sorts of possibilities for a land based on Greek Mythology. If the movie stays faithful to the game, it will be a very hard R rated films with gruesome violence throughout, and that may hold Universal back from making an attraction based off of it, but it is still possible. As much as I want Potter III, God of War land would be awesome too. Maybe Sinbad area or part of Jurassic Park can go to Potter III, and the rest of The Lost Continent can go to God of War.

And:

The area between Toon Lagoon and Jurassic Park has always been the weak spot of the park for me, 3 water rides in a row in what feels like a desolate and dead area of the park compared to Marvel Super Hero Island and WWoHP. It's a long walk from Ripsaw Falls to River Adventure, and IOA needs a non water based attraction between the two. Maybe everything west of River Adventure and North of Ripsaw Falls can be turned into a new land, maybe that is what Universal will do after Potter II opens up. It's a long walk between Spider-Man and Forbidden Journey for people who don't want to do water rides. I use a towel on them because I don't like getting wet, but I enjoy the rest of the rides. However, Popeye gets me so soaked, that nothing helps keep the water off, so I've rode it like 1 time in the last 5 years even though it's an otherwise fun ride.

I suppose I could to "chime in" on this quite long thread...

I agree with others that say IoA needs a more kid friendly ride to balance out the park a bit, but I think the remaining LC area is not the right place for it. I think that Seuss already takes up enough space a a childs land and is balanced out by the (still limiting) Toon Lagoon attractions at the other side, so putting another family friendly in JP is the best action for them to take right now to try and ease crowd flow and balance the park. I also don't like the idea of Seuss passing the bridge, I just feel it negates the whole Island idea set up in the name of the park and removes the (not-so-)natural barrier between the lands. I also can't foresee LC going Potter so I'm left with this odd idea of a land consisting of an attraction and a restaurant, which doesn't make sense.

So all in all, from my inane rambling, I think Uni have dug a shallow hole by leaving an odd part of a land behind.

BUT I personally feel that if they are clever with Potter II they can re jig that area into something and squeeze an attraction near to PF to at least give some sense of being to that area.

I'm going to call it.

In the next few years, IOA will have a fireworks-heavy lagoon show, Confisco's Grille will have a dinner package that includes a dessert-or-other party up in the Navigator's Club catering venue. What a view.