What Does IOA Need? | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

What Does IOA Need?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What Does IOA Need?

• IOA is amazing! They don't need to change anything!

Votes: 16 13.8%
  • IOA is fun the way it is,I wouldn't mind if tweaked it.

Votes: 74 63.8%
  • IOA definitely needs to change. But I still love it.

Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Meh.

Votes: 3 2.6%

• Total voters
IOA needs to back way up, pick up some of its original ideas and improve them. Spider-man is a perfect example. Now take JPRA to a new realm with hyper real dinos, Broadway for Sinbad, Cirque for Poseidon. The park has a nice balance, just needs to be more 21st century. Too, IOA could really do with a seasonal festival. Something like Exotic Foods of the Islands Festival. What foods might be served in Marvel or the LC? Mix it in with a few foodie tv shows taped there. What other festival can you think of... one that would make money for the park?

IOA needs to back way up, pick up some of its original ideas and improve them. Spider-man is a perfect example. Now take JPRA to a new realm with hyper real dinos, Broadway for Sinbad, Cirque for Poseidon. The park has a nice balance, just needs to be more 21st century. Too, IOA could really do with a seasonal festival. Something like Exotic Foods of the Islands Festival. What foods might be served in Marvel or the LC? Mix it in with a few foodie tv shows taped there. What other festival can you think of... one that would make money for the park?

It's funny that you say it needs to be more 21st century, since they called the Total Immersion special, "Theme Park for the 21st Century". But I agree with all your points.

I have to disagree slightly that the park has a good balance. It's far too water-heavy in the back, and definitely needs a few more family style rides.

But I think IoA would be the perfect place to hold maybe a Comic Con type special event, even utilizing the Carnage Wharehouse and some of the sound stages if necessary.

I like the festival idea. I'd say New York City staples in Marvel. Good pizza, Coney Island hot dogs, maybe shawarma like from the Avengers. Lost Continent could get some Greek food. Mmmm, gyros.

Other little improvements:

1) Bring back a version of the nighttime spectacular they have before, or this (earlier post made by me).

2) Interactive experience found here (earlier post made by me).

3) Bring back original PF storyline and overhaul Sindbad.

4) Replace Toon Lagoon Amphitheater with Rocky and Bullwinkle attraction.

5) Replace Camp Jurassic and Triceratops Encounter with family wingrider coaster.

6) Upgrade Discovery Center exhibits and add the tour film from the first movie.

7) Mount Crumpit.

Last edited:
The Navigators Club is really a thing?

There's an event room up the stairs to the right of the Confisco's entrance. It also leads to the bridge which crosses the PoE on the west side.

IMG_2479.jpg

The Navigators Club is really a thing?

Yes. We've discussed it before in the "Port of Entry Bridge" thread which ties into the relevance of Navigators Club. Fellow OU members below have taken pictures of the view of IOA from the room and adjacent bridge. universal_fanatic even posted a video he took while on the bridge that you pass under to YouTube which is embedded below.

universal_fanatic's photos: http://www.orlandounited.com/forums/showthread.php?4077-Port-of-Entry-Bridge&p=100579#post100579

IOA Explorer's photos: http://www.orlandounited.com/forums/showthread.php?4077-Port-of-Entry-Bridge&p=104247#post104247

mantaguy's photos: http://www.orlandounited.com/forums/showthread.php?4077-Port-of-Entry-Bridge&p=140637#post140637

[video=youtube;xHpwGSa_Zxk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHpwGSa_Zxk[/video]

^ Yeah... that is such a sexy enclave... so so nice. To have a private party up there day or night or both. I walked to the open gate a few years ago... but I completely chickened.

Last edited:
After my most recent trip, I think IOA needs....paint.

^ Yeah... that is such a sexy enclave... so so nice. To have a private party up there day or night or both. I walked to the open gate a few years ago... but I completely chickened.

I'm strongly considering calling to see how much event venues cost to rent. I would travel just for an event up there.