Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What does USF need the most before Epic Universe opens?

I'd argue that Bourne will be the best thing for USF, need wise. A big, impressive, people eating show is more important for that park than anything.

After that, something needs to be done from FFL to Kidzone. It's an area of the park I rarely step foot in any more unless I'm going to do MIB or eat at FFB.

Because, whether people like to hear it around here or not, most guests don't really care about the "screenz" stuff. Shrek is popular with guests. They really like it. They also really like Fallon, Transformers, and Gringotts.

I sorta agree and disagree with your last comment. Sure, guests are fine with screenz, but they also want a balance between practical and visual effects. It makes the experience so much better to have both.

My take: Outside of Infastructure for the resort before EU..I really think it'd be good to see USF and IOA have a refresh on their entertainment options (excluding CineCele).

Now would be a great time for USF to replace Superstar Parade, either with a new daytime parade or a nighttime parade (and that, it would be made from Universal Creative in the same way as how they had approached Spectacle in Osaka).

And for IOA, a proper show to finish the night proper. Whether it'd be a more full fledged WOC style water show on the Lagoon, it could really help the park out to make it more of a full-day destination.

My take: Outside of Infastructure for the resort before EU..I really think it'd be good to see USF and IOA have a refresh on their entertainment options (excluding CineCele).

Now would be a great time for USF to replace Superstar Parade, either with a new daytime parade or a nighttime parade (and that, it would be made from Universal Creative in the same way as how they had approached Spectacle in Osaka).

And for IOA, a proper show to finish the night proper. Whether it'd be a more full fledged WOC style water show on the Lagoon, it could really help the park out to make it more of a full-day destination.
While I'm sure its cost cutting measures, I still don't get why outside of that Universal closed Sinbad's in Lost Continent. IOA would be literally complete I feel essentially with a full show. I really wish they had one right now, would make IOA essentially a 2 day park at this point adding in a 45 min stage show.

Uni considers the nighttime lights shows their IOA show. Like it or hate it, it’s the truth.

I'd argue that Bourne will be the best thing for USF, need wise. A big, impressive, people eating show is more important for that park than anything.

After that, something needs to be done from FFL to Kidzone. It's an area of the park I rarely step foot in any more unless I'm going to do MIB or eat at FFB.

Because, whether people like to hear it around here or not, most guests don't really care about the "screenz" stuff. Shrek is popular with guests. They really like it. They also really like Fallon, Transformers, and Gringotts.
This is it right here.

My question is though if the GP truly doesn't care about 3D or Screenz, which I don't 100% believe based on people I've traveled with to USF, although I know GSAT"s do rank Shrek high, then why remove 3D from Minions? Simple cost cutting? It seemed like a response to the F&F debacle and them sorta turning the page over to their future which, as we all know, is intended to be FAR less screen reliant.

It is interesting though, again USF is nowhere near a "bad" park Imo, but all of us discussing clear possible issues like Shrek, Mummy (old track), MIB, Kidzone, FFL, and Simpsons's contract eventually ending, what the hell is this park gonna look like in 10 years?? I feel there are not many major theme parks out there right now that you can point to and say "Ya all these things could be replaced very soon", not sure what that really says about USF right now. It feels in a total transitional phase almost looking from the outside.

Some people like screens and don't care, some people (yes even non-fans) dislike all the screens and feel like it's a rip-off. People like Shrek, people hate Shrek...

The problem is not about screens, but rather that Universal needs to cater to different tastes instead a hypothetical group of people whose particular aesthetic interests happen to line up with Universal's style of screen based attractions. Maybe I'm wrong and Universal's polling has shown that everyone likes their attractions, but that's not been my experience, at least when I talk to people about Universal. My sister wanted to come on my Universal trip, but was hesitant after visiting USH since, in her words, "every ride was just a movie."

It's not about Screenz Good or Screenz Bad. It's about the same thing that not creating an entire Nintendo theme park is about and the same thing that adding SLOP to USH is about: variety.

Anecdotal evidence may not be worth a huge amount, but it is worth something, and each of my last three trips (over the past 4.5 years, and with different sets of people each time) has seen members of my traveling party comment upon the "same-ness" that they felt experiencing many of USF's attractions. And these are not people who were polluted by my own biases on the subject, as I never commented on the topic until after their own reactions were volunteered.

As I've always said, in isolation, most of USF's attractions are fine-to-great, and I'm sure individual surveying on Universal's part reflects that; however, it is the totality of the lack of variety -- when adding everything on the attraction lineup together -- that is the issue. And I would hope that Universal's surveys can reflect that, as well.

I think all of these are varied enough to not be an issue

I would say the Fallon, DM, Shrek combo needs one to be replaced by a practical attraction

Unless they truly shut down Supercharge and build a Fast and Furious coaster here set in NYC.
Nothing is happening with F&F. We’re stuck with it for a decade. It is what it is, unfortunately.

I would think the ride system in MiB is easier/cheaper to maintain than Mummy's. If there is a deciding factor on aging attractions, it's often costs. Now licensing fees may contribute to that as well, so the number crunchers are usually the people who really make the case for an attraction staying or going.
Isn'tI
Isn't MIBs system no longer supported by the manufacturer or something?
Regarding MIB- let’s not forget that Seuss uses the same ride system. So if MIB is gone due to maintenance/upkeep/support, Seuss would be as well.

Nothing is happening with F&F. We’re stuck with it for a decade. It is what it is, unfortunately.

Regarding MIB- let’s not forget that Seuss uses the same ride system. So if MIB is gone due to maintenance/upkeep/support, Seuss would be as well.

I think F&F will be updated with a new video and storyline before EU opens.

Before seems a little too quick...But I hope that I am wrong

It honestly, could work if they switch the dance club scene with some practical effects and action
And add something at the end to give it a finale

There was strong rumours it was being worked on last year and it should be easy enough to clone to Hollywood to split the cost.

While staring at maps trying to think about new ride options, I've started to realize that USF as actually really small in terms of area used for theme park attractions. I started by drawing the outline of the park as a red line, which yields a small but not terrible area of 80 acres:

kZgJcffl.png

But then it occured to me that you can also draw this yellow outline around an area of 40 acres such that it contains no "attractions" besides Cinematic Celebration and the music plaza stage:

MbizCvll.png

It's pretty crazy how small and disjointed the actual attraction areas are.

While staring at maps trying to think about new ride options, I've started to realize that USF as actually really small in terms of area used for theme park attractions. I started by drawing the outline of the park as a red line, which yields a small but not terrible area of 80 acres:

kZgJcffl.png

But then it occured to me that you can also draw this yellow outline around an area of 40 acres such that it contains no "attractions" besides Cinematic Celebration and the music plaza stage:

MbizCvll.png

It's pretty crazy how small and disjointed the actual attraction areas are.
Before they built those apartments I thought they were going to expand back there