What is your favorite restaurant inside IOA? | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

What is your favorite restaurant inside IOA?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What is your favorite restaurant inside IOA?

• Total voters
Ya can't go wrong with the Bistro Filet at Mythos. Goes very nicely with an ice cold Heineken draft. For a full service restaurant, the prices of food aren't bad at all. And that bread....Oh man. I could eat a basket of that myself. It's now a must do every time I go to IOA. Most people I've taken to eat there have never even known it existed and leave extremely satisfied. I would just stray away from any of the signature drinks because I have a feeling they're pre-made everyday.

Circus McGurkus is by far the most interesting eatery there! Then Burger Digs, Then Comic Strip Cafe. After that it's more of a "Whatever" type of thing.

have no interests in going to Mythos, Three Broomsticks.

Not sure if troll, but may I ask why?
Why does me not being in the majority, make me a troll?
I'm not understanding that concept.:furious:

Anyhow, Three Broomsticks is in Harry Potterland, plus they don't seem to have much of anything I'd like.
Mythos, Didn't enjoy the experience I had so it doesn't interest me.

When I go to the theme park I don't look for a full meal. I want to grab something and keep going.

Why does me not being in the majority, make me a troll?
I'm not understanding that concept.:furious:

Anyhow, Three Broomsticks is in Harry Potterland, plus they don't seem to have much of anything I'd like.
Mythos, Didn't enjoy the experience I had so it doesn't interest me.

When I go to the theme park I don't look for a full meal. I want to grab something and keep going.

Well, this is the internet :lol:

But seriously, I got the impression that you had no interest in trying Mythos at all; I didn't know you had tried it before. It's too bad you had a bad experience. I've eaten there probably 7-8 times and I enjoyed each. But if grab-and-go is your touring style, hey, to each their own. Means I get seated sooner :thumbs:

Regarding Three Broomsticks, that I do understand where you're coming from. I'm not a huge fan of the food there to be honest, but it's not bad either. If you stick with the ribs, chicken or fish and chips, I'd say it's a little better than average counter service. Most of the enjoyment is the atmosphere and the availability of the unique beverages. Plus, it's the only place to get my favorite WWOHP beverage, Pear Cider (excluding the bottled version)!

Well, this is the internet :lol:

But seriously, I got the impression that you had no interest in trying Mythos at all; I didn't know you had tried it before. It's too bad you had a bad experience. I've eaten there probably 7-8 times and I enjoyed each. But if grab-and-go is your touring style, hey, to each their own. Means I get seated sooner :thumbs:

Regarding Three Broomsticks, that I do understand where you're coming from. I'm not a huge fan of the food there to be honest, but it's not bad either. If you stick with the ribs, chicken or fish and chips, I'd say it's a little better than average counter service. Most of the enjoyment is the atmosphere and the availability of the unique beverages. Plus, it's the only place to get my favorite WWOHP beverage, Pear Cider (excluding the bottled version)!

I was thinking about the Mythos experience, maybe it was the day I went, maybe it was the people working there I don't know. It was my last year of H.S. in 2009, so who knows what may be different in the last 3/4 years you know? Maybe I just have to go back and try it again.

Normally I have a bad experience somewhere, I tend not to return.

Three Broomsticks looks cool, sounds cool no doubt. I just know from looking at the menu and pictures it's one of those places where I'd only get "water".

As Mythos, it may be worth a shot to go and try it out. I've been reluctant to do so because I don't want to feel like I wasted my time. I mean I was never into Harry Potter but I love the the way UNI did the land. I enjoy it for the most part.

Maybe I will give it a shot one day if I can convince myself it'll be worth it.

I'm a huge fish and chips fan and I tend to lean towards the Three Broomsticks at Universal.

After trying Confisco's a few months ago, I must harp on it. It's not my first choice, but it is if my wallet is a little tighter and I don't want to go to Mythos or if I'm hungry then. Excellent cheeseburger, better than all the CS locations.

After trying Confisco's a few months ago, I must harp on it. It's not my first choice, but it is if my wallet is a little tighter and I don't want to go to Mythos or if I'm hungry then. Excellent cheeseburger, better than all the CS locations.

I have to agree that it's definitely better than the CS locations. The misses and I often eat there.

I have to agree that it's definitely better than the CS locations. The misses and I often eat there.

Thirded. After eating at Mythos several times, I decided to try Confisco. It was very good. I still prefer Mythos for the visuals and architecture, but the food is about on par with Mythos and there are some neat details to stroll around and look for. IOA's CS is hit-or-miss, and probably more miss than hit (don't eat at MSHI) so Confisco will be a great option in the future.

I'm a huge fish and chips fan and I tend to lean towards the Three Broomsticks at Universal.

:iagree: I love Mythos and it used to be my go to spot for eating in IOA, but the last few trips I've been going to the Three Broomsticks because the fish & chips are great and I love the theming being a HP fan.

I recently ate at Confisco's, and I was pleasantly surprised. I had the Confisco Burger, and the peach BBQ sauce was surprisingly different and delicious! I really want to find a similar sauce to use with ribs, chicken, etc.

I recently ate at Confisco's, and I was pleasantly surprised. I had the Confisco Burger, and the peach BBQ sauce was surprisingly different and delicious! I really want to find a similar sauce to use with ribs, chicken, etc.

Super easy to make. 1) Ken's Hickory BBQ sauce, 2) Chipotle peppers in Adobo (puréed) and 3) Peach preserves (technically, they use a peach concentrate, but is only available in food service applications and is quite expensive). Mix and simmer to incorporate flavors.