What is your favorite restaurant inside USF? | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

What is your favorite restaurant inside USF?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What is your favorite restaurant inside USF?

• Beverly Hills Boulangerie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kid Zone Pizza Company

• Other

• Total voters
Does anyone know a really good vegitarian meal at the resort I know Moe's has good vegitarian meals & the vegie burger at Bubba Gumps is amazing!!!

Last time we went to Bubba Gumps a friend of mine ordered the veggie burger without cheese and we were told that the pattie still contained cheese so it really isn't vegetarian. Not sure how accurate that is though because our server was the biggest D bag I've ever encountered at a restaurant and I was about 5 seconds from punching him in the face. :shrug:

Apparently Monsters Cafe is no longer seasonal and has a new menu, including Nathan's hot dogs.

Last time we went to Bubba Gumps a friend of mine ordered the veggie burger without cheese and we were told that the pattie still contained cheese so it really isn't vegetarian. Not sure how accurate that is though because our server was the biggest D bag I've ever encountered at a restaurant and I was about 5 seconds from punching him in the face. :shrug:

well with or without cheese its vegetarian. cheese would make something go from vegan to vegetarian however.

in this case the veggie burger patty probably does some sort of dairy product in it.

never expect things to be completely vegan or vegetarian unless its clearly stated on the menu that it is. (even veggie burgers)

See my mom was vegan the last time we went to Universal Studios and it was IMPOSSIBLE for her to find anything but now me and my mom are vegitarian up here in Tennessee its nearly impossible to find anything vegan!!!

Apparently Monsters Cafe is no longer seasonal and has a new menu, including Nathan's hot dogs.

i noticed that when i went to say goodbye to jaws. my girlfriend wasnt too happy that they took the fried chicken away as pictured here:
tumblr_ltqpkjPk9n1qzzew3o1_500.png

(from my tumblr)

i noticed that when i went to say goodbye to jaws. my girlfriend wasnt too happy that they took the fried chicken away as pictured here:
tumblr_ltqpkjPk9n1qzzew3o1_500.png

(from my tumblr)

They were probably out of chicken nuggets at that time... They can't be out of chicken nuggets forever! :confused: Or the world is coming to an end! Oh, wait! It's 2012! The world is coming to an end :bolt: :skellington:

:p

Last edited:
I voted for Louie's but I'm still distracted by the roach comments on the first page. Somebody found one in their burger? Like actually in it? That's beyond disgusting.

Universal has a pretty bad roach problem. I always find roaches crawling around Monsters Cafe.

I like to pretend that the roaches are purposely put in there to fit the horror atmosphere.

I am glad I have never eaten at some of these places mentioned. I actually have never spent more than a few hours in USF to build up an appetite. I did have a quick bite @ the Midway Grill (Nathan's) once. I had already heard bad things about Richter's. Mel's and Finnegan's are the only other places I had thought of trying.

I've never seen such a thing at Louie's nor have I ever heard of that problem there. I've never been in Richter's but wanted to try it since they have the Coke Freestyle machines. But I'm just curious as to how only a couple of places in Universal can have a big roach problem and other restaurants don't. Universal really can't do something about this?

for what its worth every time i go to universal i eat at Richters and have never seen a roach
Why not just eat concrete?

Jokes aside, I've never seen roaches in Richters, but I have had the chance to experience terrible burgers I couldn't even eat, stale buns, meat that looked like a hockey puck, so on.

Why not just eat concrete?

Jokes aside, I've never seen roaches in Richters, but I have had the chance to experience terrible burgers I couldn't even eat, stale buns, meat that looked like a hockey puck, so on.

they have veggie burgers that's why! my only other choice is cheese pizza or alfredo at louies.

i cant eat at mels or food and film fest.

While we're on the roach topic, last July I was waiting in line at Circus McGurkus Cafe Stoo-pendous (I know this is IOA) and a HUGE roach crawled super fast on to the girl's tray in front of me (right over her chicken strips) and onto the floor. She screamed so loud the entire building got quiet and people on Seuss Trolly were even alarmed and starring with blank faces as they passed through the building above. Anyway, it landed on the floor right in front of me and i stepped on it without hesitation, sort of a natural reaction i guess. The lady at the register grabbed a roll of paper towels and handed it to me, apparently too grossed out to help clean up the evidence.

I had the Pizza...

Reactions: SpyderDan
Yes, roaches are disgusting, but there is only so much you can do to stop them. If they start to overrun the restaurant is when it becomes a cause for concern, or they end up in your meal.

The real problem is when a rat shows up.*

*Please do not take this opportunity to make a joke about the Mouse. I will condemn you for lack of humor and judgement.

While we're on the roach topic, last July I was waiting in line at Circus McGurkus Cafe Stoo-pendous (I know this is IOA) and a HUGE roach crawled super fast on to the girl's tray in front of me (right over her chicken strips) and onto the floor. She screamed so loud the entire building got quiet and people on Seuss Trolly were even alarmed and starring with blank faces as they passed through the building above. Anyway, it landed on the floor right in front of me and i stepped on it without hesitation, sort of a natural reaction i guess. The lady at the register grabbed a roll of paper towels and handed it to me, apparently too grossed out to help clean up the evidence.

I had the Pizza...

I will ask....
Are we talking the large flying type of roaches, called Palmetto bugs around here? If so there is nothing that can be done as they will just fly on in.
Now if you are talking the small ones, of the German variety, that infest a place... then there is absolutly no excuse for that.