Will JP be closing soon? | Inside Universal Forums

Will JP be closing soon?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I highly doubt it, it's a massive island and one of the more popular themed. With Jurassic Park 4 getting released soon it just wouldn't make sense.

I had heard it from someone on another forum of mine. He said his friend operated the Blue Men Group and had informed him that it would be closed in 2-3 years.

Despite none of this having any credible grounds aside from this "friend of a friend," Uni still has a positive working relationship with Steven Spielberg and JP is still to this day one of the flagship areas of the park.

Who started this rumor...:boxing:
I highly doubt this is true.
When I worked in JP i got asked this all the time. It's so close to Potter they assume if Universal expanded Potter it would be towards JP. Doesn't make much sense, but so does only having one major attraction in all of JP. Pflyers should honestly be thrown out. Recreate the playland in TC, and then use the space to build a family coaster

I heard a rumor that JP will be closing in 2-3 years. Does this hold any validity? :(

Well I am going to get destroyed for this but ehh tear it down, what the hell. What are we really going to miss a flume ride with some of the worst AA's in existence? I would be more upset about losing Camp Jurassic and the Watering Hole than the River Adventure. In reality though this won't happen and if anything the Island is due for a refresh that may or may not tie into JP4. Man I hope its a good movie. Is Chris Nolan busy now :lol:

Well I am going to get destroyed for this but ehh tear it down, what the hell. What are we really going to miss a flume ride with some of the worst AA's in existence? I would be more upset about losing Camp Jurassic and the Watering Hole than the River Adventure. In reality though this won't happen and if anything the Island is due for a refresh that may or may not tie into JP4. Man I hope its a good movie. Is Chris Nolan busy now :lol:

You have a point about River Adventure. But you know what's so valuable and loved about the land isn't the ride, but the franchise of Jurassic Park. Universal has more to gain from expanding the land than replacing it.

Oh yeah I know, its just the whole area is just so blah now. Its old and overall very boring.

Honestly the ride is what it is. Just another water ride to cool down on during the summer if you don't mind waiting over an hour.