Will JP be closing soon? | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Will JP be closing soon?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
personally think Seuss Landing will be getting the next big attraction. But since this is about JP, here's what I'd like to see: In the Trike's thread, someone mentioned the idea of incorporating the AAs from TE into JPRA. I love this idea. Why let those poor AAs just sit there and rust? Wither it be in the queue or ride itself, I'd like to see the Trikes transplanted to River Adventure. After that, then you can demolish the remaining TE attraction. Use that area for a extensive Camp Jurassic expansion with a new water splash area. I even would say they could add 1 or 2 kiddie flat rides, similar to what Happy Harbor has at SWO. Then they could utilize that free space in between TL and JP by building a new flying coaster themed to the Pteradon aviary in JP3. Kids get something, adults get something, everybody wins.

Someone a while ago had the idea of haveing an attratction like Alien Encounter but with raptors escaping there cage and attacking people that would be awesome in my opinion.

I am hearing that some in Universal Creative are still pushing for some type of coaster for the Trike area. They have been looking at either a family friendly mine coaster with indoor show scenes. Or a small footprint GCI.

BUT I am also hearing that others at UniCreative are chomping at the bit for Mt. Crumpit. But not in Poseidon Fury, but behind One Fish. And definitely a Matterhorn Bobsled style attraction. 36" height restriction. And I was told "a WORKING Grinch AA!" with a wink and a laugh.

A pedestrian connector from Mt. Crumpit to USF was also mentioned as playing a part in the decision making process.

I am hearing that some in Universal Creative are still pushing for some type of coaster for the Trike area. They have been looking at either a family friendly mine coaster with indoor show scenes. Or a small footprint GCI.

BUT I am also hearing that others at UniCreative are chomping at the bit for Mt. Crumpit. But not in Poseidon Fury, but behind One Fish. And definitely a Matterhorn Bobsled style attraction. 36" height restriction. And I was told "a WORKING Grinch AA!" with a wink and a laugh.

A pedestrian connector from Mt. Crumpit to USF was also mentioned as playing a part in the decision making process.

I think a family friendly coaster with show scenes would be a perfect addition to the land and to IOA. Also pardon my theme park ignorance, but what is a GCI?

So is it an either/or situation, or do you think its possible we'll be getting Both Mount Crumpit (which I love too) and the JP ride?

Both sound good to me.

And the pedestrian connector would be really interesting, especially depending on what they do with ticketing after HE opens.

I would just like to have 2 lands that are next to each other, not to be only occupied with water attractions.

Agreed. Non-water ride additions to Toon Lagoon and JP would be great.

So is it an either/or situation, or do you think its possible we'll be getting Both Mount Crumpit (which I love too) and the JP ride?

Personally, getting both wouldn't surprise me.

I would just like to have 2 lands that are next to each other, not to be only occupied with water attractions.

This. I wanna enjoy JP when I don't feel like getting wet.

- - - Updated - - -

I think a family friendly coaster with show scenes would be a perfect addition to the land and to IOA. Also pardon my theme park ignorance, but what is a GCI?

GCI stands for Great Coasters International who manufactures wooden coasters.

I don't know why, but the first time I heard of a wooden coaster for JP, I was thinking of a big one like the voyage or el toro. I never thought about a small wooden coaster, but it makes more sense now. I can see that as much as a Camp Jussasic expansion.

Ugh no coaster in JP. Please. It doesn't fit JP to have a big coaster in it. If anything add something like a Raptor encounter ride. But for god's sake NO. COASTER.

What about a coaster through an Amber Mine? Not everything needs to be scary.

Eh it would fit better then a huge wooden coaster but I would still like if something happened to Trike Encounter which isn't trashing the ride. I would REALLY like if the Trike AAs got added to RA.

HelicopTours. :smiley:

Ehhh I think it's time to distance ourselves from the simulators. Universal Orlando has enough. I would much prefer a themed GCI and Mt Crumpit myself.