Will JP be closing soon? | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Will JP be closing soon?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yea, we don't need a regular flight simulator when we have a ride like Forbidden Journey.

Needs to be some sort of coaster/dark ride hybrid or a dark ride. Preferably one of each.

I really wish we could get that amber mind train coaster. Go beyond the films and give us a little more of the origins of JP.

I am hearing that some in Universal Creative are still pushing for some type of coaster for the Trike area. They have been looking at either a family friendly mine coaster with indoor show scenes. Or a small footprint GCI.

BUT I am also hearing that others at UniCreative are chomping at the bit for Mt. Crumpit. But not in Poseidon Fury, but behind One Fish. And definitely a Matterhorn Bobsled style attraction. 36" height restriction. And I was told "a WORKING Grinch AA!" with a wink and a laugh.

A pedestrian connector from Mt. Crumpit to USF was also mentioned as playing a part in the decision making process.

Please, oh please, oh please, oh please on the bolded! The Central Florida area could use some more good wood. I'm having serious wood coaster withdrawals not having coasters like Blue Streak, Voyage, Raven, Beast, and others within a decent drive. Gwazi is good, but I want more.

Please, oh please, oh please, oh please on the bolded! The Central Florida area could use some more good wood. I'm having serious wood coaster withdrawals not having coasters like Blue Streak, Voyage, Raven, Beast, and others within a decent drive. Gwazi is good, but I want more.

A wooden coaster just doesn't fit with Jurassic Park. When I think of Jurassic Park I don't think of high speed roller coasters.

Why is everyone assuming JP4 is a done deal? If anything, it's far from. Spielberg came out at Comic-Con last year and said #4 is 2-3 years away. Since then, the project has gone cold. There's various rumors stating JP4 may actually be a reboot; the start of a new trilogy. While others suggest JP4 will be a direct sequel to JP3. Regardless of what path the movie journeys, in short, if JP4 does ever happen it's many years away.

Regarding a potential new ride, I still favor a coaster. Wither it be a wooden, flying, or mine train.

Why is everyone assuming JP4 is a done deal? If anything, it's far from. Spielberg came out at Comic-Con last year and said #4 is 2-3 years away. Since then, the project has gone cold. There's various rumors stating JP4 may actually be a reboot; the start of a new trilogy. While others suggest JP4 will be a direct sequel to JP3. Regardless of what path the movie journeys, in short, if JP4 does ever happen it's many years away.

Regarding a potential new ride, I still favor a coaster. Wither it be a wooden, flying, or mine train.
Uh JP IV is actually going along at a fast pace ATM. It won't be a reboot and it's being written by the couple who wrote Rise of the Planet of the Apes.

Reactions: Cwoolboy

Jurassic Park 4 within two years

Sequel, not a reboot. Rise of the Planet of the Apes writers currently writing it. Spielbergo will produce, not direct. And Jurassic Park is being released in 3-D next year.

For me it depends on the height of the coaster and the surrounding foliage. Give me a low-lying thriller like Prowler to keep it from popping above foliage too much and theme it after a Raptor chase or something. Or...Gravity Group's Timberliners could be launched...just saying'. And it doesn't have to go really fast to be fun/thrilling. A 40-50mph wood coaster can be amazing (see Blue Streak, Prowler, etc.)

Here is what GCI can do with a small footprint coaster. And it's only 96' tall. So only the top of the lift hill would be seen, and I think would look great from Point of Entry peeking up over the trees. This would easily fit in the old tike lot. Of course Uni. would get their own custom layout.

[video=youtube;RxJsFaSIXVs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxJsFaSIXVs[/video]

Here is what GCI can do with a small footprint coaster. And it's only 96' tall. So only the top of the lift hill would be seen, and I think would look great from Point of Entry peeking up over the trees. This would easily fit in the old tike lot. Of course Uni. would get their own custom layout.

[video=youtube;RxJsFaSIXVs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxJsFaSIXVs[/video]
Think my chin just got splinters.