Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 273 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think it'll be ready by opening night or just at some point while HHN is still going on?

Personally, yes I think it will be ready by Friday.

- - - Updated - - -

Who started that rumor btw?

^ I suggested three or four weeks ago that this could be open by the end of September, but HHN was the furthest thing from my mind. Someone else has since connected such an opening with the event which was more foresight than I. I am terrible with logical motive.

I know I mentioned once or twice that I could see, and even expected it being opened for HHN traffic, though I don't know if that's where other people picked it up (if so, I'm flattered :lol: ), but it just made sense to me from an operational point of view. It also makes sense in that it allows them to push the walls on the Gringotts side farther out towards the water once the main path is opened again.

And like hatetofly says above, it doesn't need to be 100% for them to open it. I would expect any additional themeing could easily happen overnight without the need for construction barriers obstructing a central pathway. As long as the infrastructure and "forms" are in place, it should be good to go for guests to walk through.

I think I started the rumor, it was just a guess on my part after seeing them work Saturday and Sunday. They are so close, it only makes sense to wrap this up. This is a major path to the Bill and Ted Show. But the late work on the restrooms is kind of strange at this stage.

Love it, like 7 people started the rumor. In reality though the earliest mention of it opening for HHN didn't come from anyone here :lol:

I didn't want to have to back track over two months of posts

I thought I had checked on this Friday afternoon but apparently not. After 2 months of inactivity, plan revisions were submitted for Diagon Alley. Everything seems to be coming together now that the waterfront is nearing completion.

Hogsmeade Station nuggets:

1. Design professional please clarify if ticketing booth and turnstile/stroller parking building a part of the scope of work, if so please include all construction details or clarify not a part of scope.

curtains, draperies, hangings and other decorative materials suspended from walls or ceilings shall meet the flame propagation performance criteria of NFPA 701 in accordance with section 806.2 or be noncombustible.

"Pedestrian Walkways and Tunnels"
Design professional verify tunnel is in compliance with Section 3104, 3104.5, 3104.10 of FBC 2012.

"Steeple Connection to Roof"
Documentation is required to show connection details of steeple to roof structure.

Reactions: Felipe
HatetoFly appears to have a bee in his bonnet. This tells me that something has been installed at the wall, or he has a helicopter appt., or he has a UC invite to tour Nassal and then the UC design and model rooms.

Other possibility is that the has a kinky 'thing' about tweeting from the men's bathrooms where he works.

For the love of god, I hope there is one Blue Police Box on the outer streets of London before you enter Diagon Alley. That'd be too much though.

No, no, no...or if they're going to add that JUST BECAUSE, they'd better add the authentic red mail box which was the headquarters of Danger Mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.