Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 455 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Thanks much Reel. That "sheer" wall or what I would have called a "bearing" wall, is in fact related to the entrance into Diagon Alley. This leaves me to continue to wonder, what load might it need to bear?

And those four rectangular boxes are in fact the far right side of the London facades, as could be seen in the grading plans.

Adding this graphic below merely to highlight what I believe is what. Hopefully I am not incorrect this time.

sheer_zpsf39b9298.png

Last edited:
Are they going to group the reveal then or is it just going to happen for each person who walks up to it?

I do not know if it is known by anyone on here, but I do not believe it is (known) at this point. I like the idea of it and it sounds more plausible the more one thinks how out of control the first two years of phase 1 were. It would be primo crowd control for Diagon. Too, they have the whole of the London waterfront to queue tons of people.

Ron is defiantly not cockney, cockney is very noticeable and very few people actually speak what most people interpret to be cockney anymore, Ron does have a quite common Southern accent where as Harry and Hermione have more middle to upperclass accents from the same area, often the outskirts of London, particularly to the north.

Ron is defiantly not cockney, cockney is very noticeable and very few people actually speak what most people interpret to be cockney anymore, Ron does have a quite common Southern accent where as Harry and Hermione have more middle to upperclass accents from the same area, often the outskirts of London, particularly to the north.

I never said he was cockney.

I do not know if it is known by anyone on here, but I do not believe it is (known) at this point. I like the idea of it and it sounds more plausible the more one thinks how out of control the first two years of phase 1 were. It would be primo crowd control for Diagon. Too, they have the whole of the London waterfront to queue tons of people.

That entire situation sounds awful

Orlando Informer posted a video update of Potter construction shot from The Simpsons Ride:

[video=youtube;eAp1cVbt_iE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAp1cVbt_iE[/video]

Screencaps:

iPF8XQ2caoJ9Y.png

ivEKVJcytYuNJ.png

iEp8i3EsoCXyb.png

iRg8TcGuhXW7D.png

isqDpPitM28Vt.png

iFoXmLvW8BGLu.png

ivomvNhuaih7s.png

i27jvoqAVn2Tz.png

isRFUgmmfVNpV.png

iukZ2uCnd8M22.png

ibrJm2fSdmkfs5.png

ixfdfsMOm3VJZ.png

ibvraKsNMFUEeo.png

izFeXg0EJDYcw.png

ima3CmX5BXWoq.png

it it just me, or do those buildings seem so much bigger?? Like that way they are building with concrete it actually huge.

That entire situation sounds awful

What 'situation'???

it it just me, or do those buildings seem so much bigger?? Like that way they are building with concrete it actually huge.

I am glad that you brought this up. I believe, as a design choice, they may be building Diagon taller to make up for how little they could widen its thoroughfares. From 15 feet to 25 feet isn't much for a theme park. Maybe they got this permission by throwing the illusion of austere height at it. Height compared to width will narrow anything visually. (I think some of you will get what I am talking about.)

I don't have to study up on a Birmingham accent, because I'm from there. Granted, it's Birmingham, Alabama, but I'm going to count it.

What is "normal"? Do you mean they sound like they are from Peterborough,UK? Or perhaps you mean they sound like most of your news anchors in Britain. Something we would call "Standard Brit".

Thanks for the list though... it is interesting. I must study up on what a Birmingham accent is. Not sure I know of it.

ON ANOTHER NOTE. Perhaps the platforms on the sheer wall are there only to set the rebar and walls for the upper second story?

For those who didn't figure this out already, Bob got busted by Uni rent a cops today. We were also followed by security throughout out visit at the studios.

Status
Not open for further replies.