Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 227 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude. Come to USH. Then you'll see what small is all about. You should see the lower lot now that TF is there... TF, ROTM, JP... all within about 100 yards of each other.

Couldn't say, I've never been. All the more reason to keep WWoHP here in Orlando! California can't have it all! I want Carsland, but that's not going to happen, is it?

Then why make carbon copies? Why not make something new? All these big plans everyone has for our Universal, why shouldn't they go over to Hollywood?
WDW is getting Little Mermaid, so I'm sure Californians are all up in arms over the fact that it's coming to MK. :bonk:

People really need to get off of their high horse about duplicate rides. Transformers is coming to Orlando. Mermaid is coming to Orlando. Potter is going to Hollywood and Japan. Not to mention the dozens upon dozens of similar attractions all over the world. Just because more than one iteration of an attraction exists elsewhere on the planet in no way hinders the original.

Because nothing will be as popular as Potter.

Well thats arguable, biased, and closed minded, isn't it? I'm sure the creative teams thought the same thing about a lot of things.
And although I'm probably the biggest HP fans on the planet, I have to admit Harry Potter is rapidly pasting it's prime. The books are done, the movies are done, and soon it's going to be time to move on. Not soon, but soon enough. :look:

Well thats arguable, biased, and closed minded, isn't it? I'm sure the creative teams thought the same thing about a lot of things.
And although I'm probably the biggest HP fans on the planet, I have to admit Harry Potter is rapidly pasting it's prime. The books are done, the movies are done, and soon it's going to be time to move on. Not soon, but soon enough. :look:

Then why are you so up in arm in the FLE thread about properties that haven't been relevant in decades?

Potter is a cultural phenom that will outlive all of us. Within 10 years we'll get either another round of movies or a Game of Thrones 7 season TV show. Potter is still easily one of the hottest properties out there, and will be for decades.

- - - Updated - - -

When Voldemort is a centerpiece at an Olympic ceremony... I don't think that HP is going anywhere :lol:

:thumbs:

Don't forget the important things here: Gringotts has parts of a foundation, Sea wall is coming along nicely, and they are drilling for the switch area behind Mummy.

It will be interesting to know what Universal will do with HP in Hollywood now that they have a lot more room available because the residential area proposal fell through. Hopefully they don't make just a straight carbon copy without DC but maybe a carbon copy with another ride.

Also making carbon copy rides in their parks doesn't really affect anyone except the people who live near the parks and go constantly and Universals pockets. Both in a good way. By having the same attractions at several parks they are increasing the market which they can attract, this mostly includes the far side of the world. If I wanted to go and see WWOHP right now in Orlando I would need to get on several flights that would take around 20+ hours, plus time spent at the airports. If it was currently in Hollywood it would only be a 14 hour flight plus time in the airports. So people who wish to see the attractions need to spend almost a day on a airplane and several thousand in airfares just to get there. Also add to the fact that the parks in Orlando are not well known here, the LA parks are much more known and most people have heard of the WWOHP but have no idea where Orlando is. So therefore by having the WWOHP in multiple places Universal has a larger market to sell to. This is still the mention the people in the US who can't travel to florida due to time or money issues.

By having two locations would also benefit people in the park near them as attendance will not be as high (only slightly less) because people who live on the west coast don't need to travel all the way to the east to visit the attractions. So therefore slightly lowering queues.

That's a completely different situation. :inquisitive:

Not really. You're defending Disney in the other thread, pretty much saying they can do wrong, with properties (with a ride that's a clone and is so-so) that haven't been relevant since the 90's, whereas criticizing Universal for cloning one of the most successful additions in theme park history with a relevant property that isn't going anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.