Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 498 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great pics hatetofly!

I wonder what impact the fact that they are using a theater facade (Wyndham's) to simply to hide Diagon Alley has on the possibility that FFL will ever become part of London, complete with an actual theatrical production? It would seem odd to see Wyndham's, then Grimmauld Place, then another London theater, wouldn't it?

Might have already been answered or a stupid question but will their be butter beer in the phase 2 area or a new drink?

I'm finding it hard to envision all these different locations crammed into each other. We've got King's Cross, Leaky Cauldron, Wyndham theatre and Grimmauld place...should be interesting to see how Universal makes it all work in a way that's aesthetically pleasing.

Might have already been answered or a stupid question but will their be butter beer in the phase 2 area or a new drink?

No stupid questions, man! I'd assume butterbeer would be served at the Leaky Cauldron, possibly in carts as well. DA will most likely feature at least one cart in that open area to the left of Gringotts? I can't think of any other drink options from the books... besides firewhiskey... and that would be bada$$. :stunned:

Anyway, I want to see this apparently three-leveled Leaky. That's huge. Is it looking like we could get a three-level Weasley's as well?

Don't know if this has been discussed. Work with me here..

So in this first photo (thanks to HTF :wave:), you can tell that anyone walking beyond (to the right) the edge of the steelwork for our rumored/soon-to-be Grimmauld Place would be able to see the show building. So my question is: will that pathway be altered in any way to keep guests from walking beyond the Grimmauld facade and seeing the show building/backstage area?

IMG_1147.jpg

---
148ewqg.jpg

The yellow line represents what I would assume to be the edge where the ground and Grimmauld Place steel meet. The red line represents what I think should be the farthest a guest can travel beyond that facade before witnessing the giant show building that is Gringotts.
Maybe the path will be pushed even further to the left of that red line? Just to be safe in terms of hiding a backstage area.

Here is a better example:
b3ls48.jpg

The yellow represents the edge of Grimmauld Place and the old JAWS bathrooms. Once again, the red represents where that path should stop for guests.

I realize that greenery can (and will) do a good job of hiding those buildings/backstage areas, but you can't hide everything behind a tree. That's why I'm curious as to how the path will end up, whether it stays how it is now or gets closed off. Thoughts?

I believe (and my memory may have made this up) that Hatetofly said a whileback that the Gringotts showbuilding will be pretty concealed. How much or how far? I have no clue, but I'd expect Uni to do a neat cover-up considering how much their going in on this phase.

And as for people standing outside of DA, I don't think they care if they see a showbuilding. Technically it's the studios part, so it fits.

Last edited:
Some of you may already have read this, but I think this is the most details I've gotten on the project in one post...not sure if I should credit as it is from another site, but here you go...

" Hogwarts Express will be the real deal! The train stations include highly detailed scenery and effects. The trains themselves will be very realistic including steam wafting from each car, scenic treatment and sounds. Each interior cabin includes period props and treatments. The window in each cabin will utlize an advanced optics display making it appear as though you are looking outside a window. As the train travels to the station riders will be treated to different storylines depending on which station they are going to. The cabins are also equipped with a full effects package including heat blast, leg ticklers, lighting etc. One storyline includes a dementors attack where it will get dark, the air will go cold and lights will flicker among other things.

Make no mistake the connector train ride is a full E-ticket! The R&D for the display system alone is staggering. Nothing like this has been done before on this scale and it will be spectacular. Avatar looks to be a joke compared to just this attraction. I haven't even mentioned the major new ride for Potter 2.0 yet.

That brings me to Gringott's. The queue, in my opinion, will be even better than Forbidden Journey's queue. Let's put it this way...the queue includes a really cool elevator ride that will simulate moving vertically and horizontally. You'll feel the air coming from the right side as you move to the right and you'll feel the air from below as you travel down. Each of the two elevator simulators include a projection dome above to enhance the visuals. That's just in the queue. Maybe I'll save the actual ride description for another time but suffice it to say that everything from the unique ride system to the exciting show elements will make this attraction one of the most impressive rides to date. "

Some of you may already have read this, but I think this is the most details I've gotten on the project in one post...not sure if I should credit as it is from another site, but here you go...

" Hogwarts Express will be the real deal! The train stations include highly detailed scenery and effects. The trains themselves will be very realistic including steam wafting from each car, scenic treatment and sounds. Each interior cabin includes period props and treatments. The window in each cabin will utlize an advanced optics display making it appear as though you are looking outside a window. As the train travels to the station riders will be treated to different storylines depending on which station they are going to. The cabins are also equipped with a full effects package including heat blast, leg ticklers, lighting etc. One storyline includes a dementors attack where it will get dark, the air will go cold and lights will flicker among other things.

Make no mistake the connector train ride is a full E-ticket! The R&D for the display system alone is staggering. Nothing like this has been done before on this scale and it will be spectacular. Avatar looks to be a joke compared to just this attraction. I haven't even mentioned the major new ride for Potter 2.0 yet.

That brings me to Gringott's. The queue, in my opinion, will be even better than Forbidden Journey's queue. Let's put it this way...the queue includes a really cool elevator ride that will simulate moving vertically and horizontally. You'll feel the air coming from the right side as you move to the right and you'll feel the air from below as you travel down. Each of the two elevator simulators include a projection dome above to enhance the visuals. That's just in the queue. Maybe I'll save the actual ride description for another time but suffice it to say that everything from the unique ride system to the exciting show elements will make this attraction one of the most impressive rides to date. "

I believe HTF has already posted these details months ago in this thread. I know there are a lot of pages but im pretty sure its back there somewhere.

I believe HTF has already posted these details months ago in this thread. I know there are a lot of pages but im pretty sure its back there somewhere.

Yeah, the part that sucks is the poster no longer posts to the site. He never followed up with more details of the Gringott's ride. Definitely has direct ties to R&D at both Uni and Disney, probably got worried about getting busted.

WhyLightBulb sleeps with the fishes...never rat out your employer.

Just a matter of time sadly.

Is this guess work or reality?

Because if it's true I would assume he would have said something. The guy didn't shy away fromo being candid.

Also, with the passing of Richard Griffiths, I think the marquee for the theater should feature The History Boys, in a tribute, if there is a marquee at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.