Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 505 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well seeing as to how the conversation in the Wwohp thread has moved on, I'm still wondering how in the world they're going to hide the train on the housemate side...Felipe mentioned the wall they're building but I don't see where any of this is going..

I believe the current photo op is staying. The train will have an engine and coal car. And at the Hogsmeade station you will not see 2 engines. And I believe that the current photo op shows the answer as to how they will pull this off.

Am I the only person who dislikes Harry Potter? Is there any real need to have this much Harry Potter related stuff in on area. I don't think the should have the same themed area in two different parks to be honest. I would of much preferred something else to be built instead of Harry Potter.

No, you are not the only one who dislikes Harry Potter. In fact I use to have all out hate for the boy until he showed up in our theme parks. DO I like him now? NO. Would I ever read the books or any of the crap? No. But as a theme park fan it's huge to see what they can really create from make believe. I actually think them having the same themed idea in two parks is a win win power punch for UNI. Look what it has done. It's brought another land, revamps on an old land, and a brand new ride all within a year and a half time. I wish it were something else instead of Harry Potter as well. But honestly, there are other sections of UNI specifically which can still be put together to have a major draw for us non harry potter freaks and I'm sure after the cash this brings in, we will see the effects. :)

- - - Updated - - -

I must say, I have faith, but I am a teensy bit worried about this side of the expansion... for lack of buildings/facades in the plans and on-site :look:

Are you kidding me Felipe? Night time pictures bring a view in which we haven't seen much of from this project. Thanks for even taking the time out to get them!

I believe the current photo op is staying. The train will have an engine and coal car. And at the Hogsmeade station you will not see 2 engines. And I believe that the current photo op shows the answer as to how they will pull this off.

Hmmm so the illusion will be that we are backing into the photo op?? And what is the wall for that is acting as a near miss for fire dragon? Im beyond lost here...

us non harry potter freaks

Hahahah, dat Muggle sting. :rofl: No, I have a bunch of friends who aren't Potter fans, and when it comes down to it we are kinda freakish about our fandom.

Felipe: those may not the most clear pictures, but some of the most atmospheric, real snapshots I've seen so far. It was really really nice to see the new area not as "Hey, what's this here and there?" but as "Guys, can you feel the anticipation?" Great shots!

Finally: I have a friend :-X who has some abilities to see what's going on on site. Have we been able to see anything past these front facades yet? Because:

diagon-ollivanders_2167581k.jpg

... Happy birthday Fred and George :thumbs: I knew I wouldn't get anyone with a studio tour pic, but at least I tried.

Hahahah, dat Muggle sting. :rofl: No, I have a bunch of friends who aren't Potter fans, and when it comes down to it we are kinda freakish about our fandom.

Didn't mean it in a negative way. Just meant the fan base who is dedicated to the franchise. And there is nothing wrong with that at all, just wanted to justify my point in UNI will keep it balanced for the people who don't just come there for potter.

Didn't mean it in a negative way. Just meant the fan base who is dedicated to the franchise. And there is nothing wrong with that at all, just wanted to justify my point in UNI will keep it balanced for the people who don't just come there for potter.

Hahahah, no worries man! I knew there was no ill intent :thumbs: It just reminded me of one of a Muggle character calling her sister a "freak" all the time in the books. No offense taken whatsoever. Actually, I would agree with you on them adding too much Potter to the parks if it weren't for the ingenious way of connecting the two. If they were seperate, I would think it tacky of them to add the new area. But the whole HogExp thing is just too perfect of a way to not only connect the WWoHP, but the two parks themselves for the first time.

Hahahah, no worries man! I knew there was no ill intent :thumbs: It just reminded me of one of a Muggle character calling her sister a "freak" all the time in the books. No offense taken whatsoever. Actually, I would agree with you on them adding too much Potter to the parks if it weren't for the ingenious way of connecting the two. If they were seperate, I would think it tacky of them to add the new area. But the whole HogExp thing is just too perfect of a way to not only connect the WWoHP, but the two parks themselves for the first time.
Haha I think it is genius of Universal to do so. It used to be a long dreadful walk to go to Islands, but now that other option will be there!

Haha I think it is genius of Universal to do so. It used to be a long dreadful walk to go to Islands, but now that other option will be there!

That's what I love about it! Now when we're in the parks and decide to switch over and ride some rides there, that option will exist. Plus, it's a ride in itself. Beautiful work on Creative's part.

I wasn't bothered about HP in fact I used to find it baffling that adults would read "kids" books...

Then I visited WWOHP and it blew me away, then we did the studio tour at leavesden and now I've seen all the movies and love it.... I'm no geek at all just a casual fan of the fantasy.

I wasn't bothered about HP in fact I used to find it baffling that adults would read "kids" books...

Then I visited WWOHP and it blew me away, then we did the studio tour at leavesden and now I've seen all the movies and love it.... I'm no geek at all just a casual fan of the fantasy.
Says the guy discussing Harry Potter on an amusement park fan forum.

Just sayin'. :shrug:

^ Yeah, they aren't kids books at all. I cannot believe how much more violent, cruel and gory the books are compared to the movies. Oh yeah, and sad! I have much more respect for JKR now. One book to go!

Says the guy discussing Harry Potter on an amusement park fan forum.

Just sayin'. :shrug:

I meant I'm no HP geek...

I don't know all the characters or sub plots or where things are or how people are related etc...

I'm a total geek but HP isn't my weapon of choice

Status
Not open for further replies.