Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 564 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing that has me scratching my head when I look at the rendering is the portion to the right of DA. Is that a sitting area like the one in IOA? it's hard to believe they'd utilize that whole space with just a rest area.

Having Voldemort appear would make him laughable. Muggles surviving an attack from him? It doesn't happen, nor should it.

Having Voldemort appear would make him laughable. Muggles surviving an attack from him? It doesn't happen, nor should it.

You could also say muggles surviving a dragon or a Dementor attack is laughable. Why would Voldemort be any more of a stretch?

- - - Updated - - -

You could also say muggles surviving a dragon or a Dementor attack is laughable. Why would Voldemort be any more of a stretch?

From a non-fan's prospective, it's because HP & Co. won't be there to save you. Plus, I didn't know what a Dementor was until I rode FJ. But almost everyone knows Voldemort is the big baddie of the HP universe. To survive an encounter without the aid of our heroes wouldn't seem right.

I come bearing gifts:

IMG_2273.jpg

IMG_2272.jpg

IMG_2268.jpg

IMG_2265.jpg

IMG_2262.jpg

IMG_2261.jpg

IMG_2259.jpg

IMG_2257.jpg

IMG_2255.jpg

IMG_2253.jpg

IMG_2317.jpg

IMG_2316.jpg

IMG_2313.jpg

IMG_2311.jpg

IMG_2312.jpg

IMG_2310.jpg

IMG_2309.jpg

IMG_2308.jpg

IMG_2302.jpg

IMG_2301.jpg

IMG_2300.jpg

IMG_2299.jpg

IMG_2297.jpg

IMG_2294.jpg

IMG_2295.jpg

IMG_2293.jpg

IMG_2292.jpg

IMG_2291.jpg

IMG_2290.jpg

IMG_2289.jpg

IMG_2288.jpg

IMG_2287.jpg

IMG_2286.jpg

IMG_2285.jpg

IMG_2284.jpg

IMG_2283.jpg

IMG_2281.jpg

Reactions: jtsalien
Why can't somebody just show up and help you against Voldy? they could! and you don't have to defeat him you can just escape him. I would rather have him in the ride then not in the ride. So I think we can let some little things go and not think about every little thing possible.

Last edited:
That's what Reel figures, and I would agree with him. Quick in/out performances every so often as if the dragon is "escaping".

Is it possible the dragon will only appear during some kind of nighttime 'show' at Gringotts, thus giving people an incentive to stay in Diagon Alley later?

I could envision that the show would start off some sort of misdirection: perhaps guests will be encouraged to assemble in front of Gringotts to witness a magical demonstration of some sort. Then Goblins and security staff rush out from Gringotts and alert everyone that a dragon has escaped. Hey Presto, a dragon breaks through the dome and breathes fire at everyone. But the security guards scare the dragon back inside by shaking Clankers at it (as seen in the books and movies).

Last edited:
Why can't somebody just show up and help you against Voldy? they could! and you don't have to defeat him you can just escape him. I would rather have him in the ride then not in the ride. So I think we can let some little things go and not think about every little thing possible.

Who's going to show up? Lestrange? The trio certainly isn't going to be in it. And they are literally making the shops small to add the realism of being in Diagon Alley, why would they let details slide on the marque attraction.
If you please the fan base of the best selling series ever, that means a ton of people that will come back in the future.

Who's going to show up? Lestrange? The trio certainly isn't going to be in it. And they are literally making the shops small to add the realism of being in Diagon Alley, why would they let details slide on the marque attraction.
If you please the fan base of the best selling series ever, that means a ton of people that will come back in the future.

I'm pretty sure putting Voldy IN the ride will please the fan base. I being one of them.

As someone who's never read the books, watched the movies, nor cares about the accuracy of Phase 2 in regards to the books/movies, I find it entertaining to read pages upon pages of Potter purists squabbling over minor details. The general public, like myself who lack knowledge of the Potter universe, will be so wrapped up in the environment of this new area, rides, etc., that the accuracy or inaccuracy of certain things won't even be noticed.

^ I feel the same way. After reading all those posts I am happy not to have read the books and not be a die hard fan. Easier to appreciiate the new area apparently. :thumbs:

CF News 13 posted a 10 minute helicopter view video of Potter construction......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfk6LAwpfe0

Screencaps.....

Thanks for this, guys!! :thumbs:

The "Smart" people that think they will get in via IOA are actually not that smart. HE dumps people in London, so they will still have to go to the back of the line to get to see the rest. They will however get to ride the train once.

Or twice! (back to Hogsmeade)... Or three times! (and forth again) :lol:

Anyways, that's if they even allow people to travel to USF. Theme parks close all the time due to capacity, so, who's to say they won't make the Hogwarts Express a Phase-2-only attraction for the days when USF is close to, or at capacity? Then they might only allow USF guests to ride it to IoA or back and forth? :look: :shrug:

Just go before it opens and enjoy it with no crowds.

Smart man :sneaky: :thumbs:

Thanks, Skip!! :thumbs:

I'm trying to determine what that covered side on the right will be. It's really baffling me, as I can't think of a location mentioned in the books or shown in the movies that's anything like that in the Alley... :shrug:

They're probably just implementing a creative solution to have some shade, that fits within the look and feel of Diagon Alley. Though the movies didn't show an area of Diagon Alley that had this sort of covering, they can say we just never got around to see this area, or whatever. If the theming style fits, and the powers that be approved, then let's just be glad we won't have to bake in the sun to visit this Ollivanders! :cheers:

From a non-fan's prospective, it's because HP & Co. won't be there to save you. Plus, I didn't know what a Dementor was until I rode FJ. But almost everyone knows Voldemort is the big baddie of the HP universe. To survive an encounter without the aid of our heroes wouldn't seem right.

It's time for you to become a fan, JT... Seriously... :lol:

I come bearing gifts:

:cheers: Thanks for the great pic update, Mike! :thumbs:

How will the HE work on days when IOA closes before USF?

I know quite often it is booked out for corporate events and closes earlier than USF for other reasons.... Will HE have an earlier closing time than the rest of the park?

First of all, I would be glad to be able to do the Gringotts Ride. For me FJ is kind of intense and when I first read that Gringotts would be a thrill ride I was kind of sad, because I really like Harry Potter but I really dislike coaster, so my first ride on FJ (in June 2010) was a bit of a "rocky" ride. But I loved it - regardless of mild nausea at the end.
Sad, to be this far away (I'm from germany) and only to be able to visit Orlando once in 3 years, this site is my "window to universal" and I really love to see the photos and read your infos. Thank you so much!

Great pics Mike thank you!

Does anyone else find it interesting that the whole of the King's Cross roof is completely covered when the real one has glass in it? I wonder whether they are planning to do something special with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.