Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 259 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You beat me to it Mike!
I just received my invitation to a "Media & VIP preview" of Diagon Alley for June 17-20. Note that it doesn't say "grand opening," hopefully they won't pull a 7DMT and keep the public out until July...
(Cross posted to the soft open thread)

It appears all is holding true to date based on my April 21 post:

This just in to me. The press setup (stages, cables, mic checks etc.) for the grand opening will begin on Monday, June 16.

Love the train ticket and the gold bar. I imagine that the train tickets will be available on the opening day in some form as well. It'd be cool if they had tickets available somewhere in the train station... And it's all so authentic, love the Gringotts bank note with the 'Runes Transfer' and everything, really shows what's going into it...

I just want one of the vault keys that were sent out when the sneak peak site initially went up... Hoping they'll be for sale somewhere.

I can't imagine Universal not utilizing the whole "Identification" moment with optional vault keys for sale. I'm sure we'll see them available in some capacity. Remember, HTF mentioned a merchandising opportunity in the queue for Gringotts.

Just wanted to note when it comes to height restrictions. It is normally the restraint system more than the thrill factor. For example the one coaster at Leholand went from 36" to 42" because they changed cars, hence changing restraint systems. The thrill level was the same with the old and new cars.

@MickeyXtreme Both pillars in London now have the scrims and scaffolds down
BnmkzyiIcAAot4o.jpg

@MickeyXtreme Framing over the windows at King's Cross being installed and hanging lights now up
BnmmKXNIIAA-6Jf.jpg

So I've spoken to some owls who have ridden the Hogwarts Express.

Words used to describe the experience are "flawless" and "one of the greatest themed experiences ever designed from queue to exit".

Thought you should know.

So I've spoken to some owls who have ridden the Hogwarts Express.

Words used to describe the experience are "flawless" and "one of the greatest themed experiences ever designed from queue to exit".

Thought you should know.

Wow. That's high praise. I thought it was just a train with screens for windows but I'll be damned.

Wow... Just makes me that much more excited for it. I think the train will be amazing, but I'm really looking forward to walking through the platform. It's such a special moment in the series and I have a feeling it will be one of the best moments for fans.
I think it'd be really cool (and funny) if the train had the 'Leaving Hogwarts' theme playing at some point for the trip back to London.

Mostly joking... but considering the exit lets out onto a dirt filled construction site (especially at the incomplete North station), I'd take issue with that assessment. I'm sure it will be one of the great themed park experiences from queue to exit when it's finished. :thumbs:

Last edited:
Mostly joking... but considering the exit lets out onto a dirt filled construction site (especially at the incomplete North station), I'd take issue with that assessment. I'm sure it will be one of the great themed park experiences from queue to exit when it's finished. :thumbs:
North Station is Kings Cross :thumbs:

The minute that score came on, the train would fill with fan girls/boys tears

It's already on the loop by the entrance/exit of Hogsmeade, and it'd make more sense on the train ride anyway - it's the easiest choice for music in my opinion.
On that note, I'm really curious as to what they'll do with the story on the way back to London. On the way to Hogwarts it's easy enough to guess it'll include dementor visits and the twins and other magical happenings, but I'm curious as to what they're going to include on the other leg...

It's already on the loop by the entrance/exit of Hogsmeade, and it'd make more sense on the train ride anyway - it's the easiest choice for music in my opinion.
On that note, I'm really curious as to what they'll do with the story on the way back to London. On the way to Hogwarts it's easy enough to guess it'll include dementor visits and the twins and other magical happenings, but I'm curious as to what they're going to include on the other leg...

Well, Voldermort and Bellatrix are confirmed to be in Gringotts, so one could imagine that the train ride to Diagon Alley would be something foreshadowing/leading up to your inevitable encounter with them...

Perhaps Death Eaters will fly past us? Maybe there will be some sort of 'attack' on the train? Lots of possibilities - good observation Eckert, I didn't think about the fact that Voldy and Bella are in London...

Status
Not open for further replies.