Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 258 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Enough turbidity has occurred since I was told of this so here goes. One of the lead companies that won the contract to create props for phase I was a company called Austin2Paris. It appears they didn't survive financially and were unable to fulfill their deal with UC. So, that is why projects went out to a gazillion different houses in the year before Phase I opened.

Now, keep in mind that a few of the props might have been delegated to subcontractors of Austin2Paris, so all was not lost and their contracts were picked up by UC. It is all very dicey.

So, with Phase II on the horizon, it appears that UC muscled up its props department by hiring many of the former staff of Austin2Paris.

My point here is, during Phase I, UC had spit for a props department. This time, they have a substantial and clever team able to create most anything, even on a moments notice.

PS: The point of this post syncs with another post I made on this website today. Can you figure out which one it is?

That Universal is now a props juggernaut?

Teebin said:
My point here is, during Phase I, UC had spit for a props department. This time, they have a substantial and clever team able to create most anything, even on a moments notice.

PS: The point of this post syncs with another post I made on this website today. Can you figure out which one it is?

Your response to Violarum? Does it have anything to do with the new standing stones? Or the hook on the cauldron shop facade? Or that door on the back of Grimmauld Place?

Heard that the height requirement is 42 inches. This kid of worries me because that is shorter that Expedition Everest.

I think people expecting more of a mummy level of thrill will be disappointed. There are some pictures of inside construction from some time ago and i bet this will top out at 40mph max. I think the melding of technology and the immersion will be what drives the thrills, not the physical sensations.

I think people expecting more of a mummy level of thrill will be disappointed. There are some pictures of inside construction from some time ago and i bet this will top out at 40mph max. I think the melding of technology and the immersion will be what drives the thrills, not the physical sensations.

I think people expecting a mummy level of theming and storyline will be greatly impressed.

Oh I cannot wait. I expect this to even be a step up over FJ themeing because while the ride is great, parts of it can be immersion-breaking. But thats also kinda becuase of FJ's ride system. The mummy needs a cosmetic overhaul really badly. I really think they could add in some kuka arm elements into places and take it to a whole new level. But thats another rant entirely.

What I have always understood about the Gringots ride is that it wouldn't be a coaster. I have never seen Universal telling us it would be. It recreates the coaster like vault layer ride you can see in the movie. The ride in the movie is kind of impossible. So Universal recreated the falling cart, going trough waterfalls, interaction with a dragon and Voldemort etc in a combination of 3D movie, motion simulation and coasterlike transitions from scene to scene. In the end I guess it's a dark ride on steroids an in my book is much more exciting then a real coaster. When I compare it to Spiderman, that ride only builds up to an amazing finally where Hulk has his launch and first loops but it sizzles down as soon as it goes to the back of the building.

What I have always understood about the Gringots ride is that it wouldn't be a coaster. I have never seen Universal telling us it would be. It recreates the coaster like vault layer ride you can see in the movie. The ride in the movie is kind of impossible. So Universal recreated the falling cart, going trough waterfalls, interaction with a dragon and Voldemort etc in a combination of 3D movie, motion simulation and coasterlike transitions from scene to scene. In the end I guess it's a dark ride on steroids an in my book is much more exciting then a real coaster. When I compare it to Spiderman, that ride only builds up to an amazing finally where Hulk has his launch and first loops but it sizzles down as soon as it goes to the back of the building.
This seems to be very accurate from everything the Insiders have been saying the last two years. Anyone expecting a coaster experience like Everest or Aerosmith will be disappointed.

Our friend Skubersky received a media invitation to an event taking place June 17th-20th.
You beat me to it Mike!
I just received my invitation to a "Media & VIP preview" of Diagon Alley for June 17-20. Note that it doesn't say "grand opening," hopefully they won't pull a 7DMT and keep the public out until July...
(Cross posted to the soft open thread)

Congrats on being invited! Opening is getting closer and closer! :happy:
On that note, I was very happy with the teaser for Gringotts but more than anything I'd like to see how the whole "Identification" process will work, and what the show will be doing while we're riding the elevators... I wonder if the VIP event will be similar to the media/press opening from the first time, with the very big show prior to what amounted to a curtain drop on Hogwarts with that fireworks/light show. Should be neat to see how they pull this one off...

That could potentially make the grand opening to the public on Saturday, June 21st. Saturday ! It will be even worse than a mad house !

Status
Not open for further replies.