Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 261 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BnodV_NCcAAA4MS.jpg

Another minor nitpicky thing on my list is Wyndham's from this angle. The top railing *hopefully* isn't actually complete, but I wish they would extend out the actual building there by another 6 feet. It feels like a facade as opposed to a real building with depth because of that one small section.

BnodV_NCcAAA4MS.jpg

Another minor nitpicky thing on my list is Wyndham's from this angle. The top railing *hopefully* isn't actually complete, but I wish they would extend out the actual building there by another 6 feet. It feels like a facade as opposed to a real building with depth because of that one small section.

I would say that at this point any major details (such as the railing at the top of the building) are in their final state.

BnodV_NCcAAA4MS.jpg

The real thing indeed has the railing all the way to the back:
Wyndham's_Theatre_London_2011_1.jpg

But I guess they won't do it because it would probably be visible from within Diagon Alley and hurt that area more then it hurts this one. I'm ok with it.

Honestly if it seems like a facade from some angles, I don't mind it as long as my attention isn't drawn to it. It looks pretty awesome from most sides. Plus Diagon has to be focused on - and as tielo pointed out, these buildings have backs which have to appear as if they belong to Diagon Alley, so certain features need to be altered...

This is a "movie studio" right? I always take the position that if something doesn't look complete or I can see a little bit of a show building that it'll be ok. As long as it looks great from the right "camera angle" for the show then I'm fine with it. This is one of the most detailed theme park lands ever. Once you get inside Diagon it will be 360 immersion.

This is a "movie studio" right? I always take the position that if something doesn't look complete or I can see a little bit of a show building that it'll be ok. As long as it looks great from the right "camera angle" for the show then I'm fine with it. This is one of the most detailed theme park lands ever. Once you get inside Diagon it will be 360 immersion.

I think that's fair game everywhere apart from WWoHP, given in the first phase all the cast in interviews said it was better than the actual film sets precisely because it was a completely immersive environment rather than one with 'rough edges' so to speak.

The one owl who told me it was "one of the greatest themed attractions ever built from queue to end" is not a Potter fan.

That's what's been awesome about this project the entire time - even if you don't like Harry Potter, the culmination of the world around you just makes for a wonderful experience regardless of your relation to the franchise. Good to hear that it's gonna be as good as we've all been expecting!

Things are really beginning to speed up. So excited right now! Also, on May 31 I will be traveling to London for around 2 weeks. I'm going to try and visit the Harry Potter WB Tour while there. The trip should give me a whole new appreciation for the new London/Diagon Alley at USF!!

Book that now! As far as I am aware there is still a long(ish) waiting list for entry, especially if you're going in a bigger group than 2. It is a brilliant visit, you'll notice how spot-on some of the things in the WWHP are to the actual props.

Things are really beginning to speed up. So excited right now! Also, on May 31 I will be traveling to London for around 2 weeks. I'm going to try and visit the Harry Potter WB Tour while there. The trip should give me a whole new appreciation for the new London/Diagon Alley at USF!!

It's well worth it!! Try and go late evening when it's a lot quieter, we did 6:30pm. Groups are let in at a time, and at that time there were 10 of us in the Great Hall rather than 140!!

Also check out the MoM area, it shows how amazing a 3rd HP expansion could be themed!

It's a minor detail (minor when compared to the rest of the waterfront), but it really does add something to the rest of the waterfront. Another question from me: how tall are these facades? Its interesting to know that because it'll give an idea to what we will see and the scale of things inside Diagon.

I despise the entire conceit of a "movie studio", but I guess that's beyond the point.

I wouldn't complain about things not from the "right camera angle" either... but in this case the camera angle is encouraged by the entrance pillars. You will see a lot of this photo setup by tourists, therefore it needs addressing.

The real thing indeed has the railing all the way to the back:
Wyndham's_Theatre_London_2011_1.jpg

But I guess they won't do it because it would probably be visible from within Diagon Alley and hurt that area more then it hurts this one. I'm ok with it.

It's more facade-like in real life as well, so I suppose that's acceptable. Still it does have a bit more depth which would correct my concern. I suppose extending the wall is too much to ask, but I do expect that railing to be extended.

Status
Not open for further replies.