Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 47 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since we are now spitting out random ideas ^(That could be cool) Is it appropriate to assume that the new area infront of Hogsmead arch and the path leading up to the new trainstation will be themed like Forbiden Forest? I think it would be so dramatic and amazaing to walk down a small shaded path from Lost Continent through dense trees that open up randomly to the Hogsmead arch! Also this would be a great way to hid Sinbad (I may have this idea in my head because of previous posts and clues from HateToFLy)but who knows! I love what I see in my head.

I vaguely remember HTF hinting the area between Hosmeade Station and the entrance arch would be getting lots and lots of trees, so I think you are right.
And yes, I agree; the addition of a forested transition is going to make the whole land that much more epic.

I finished my 2nd interview for the Gringotts attractions attendant position yesterday, and the person I interviewed with said there was something else coming to the land that has yet to be announced. An attraction of some sort. Is this something we here on the forums already know of? Or could this upcoming announcement on the 12th that ITM is involved with be our source for the info?

Perhaps Borgin and Burkes

I don't think they've mentioned anything related to Borgin and Burkes. In fact, I don't recall ever reading about Knockturn Alley in the advertisements for it either. Maybe they're planning to keep that bit on the down low until later in the game?

Baq824ACUAEE7fs.jpg

So this is interesting (from Orlando Theme Park News on twitter.) They're painting the section below the collapsing concrete a black color.

eta: just went back and checked the video Teebin posted. No. 12 is, in fact, darker in the film than the rest of the building.

[video=youtube_share;FYZvBeZj7ic]http://youtu.be/FYZvBeZj7ic[/video]

Last edited:
^ The version of #12 in the movie was also a darker color much like that. I posted a video a few pages back of the scene where 12 stretches into position and its darker shade is quite apparent.

FYI, Whylightbulb posted this at WDWMagic and apparently deleted it fairly promptly. But, I got an e-mail alert. ;)

There is a rumor going around that the dragon on top of Gringotts is an AA. Unfortunately this is not true. It will have a nice flame effect but that is all.

I'm hoping for more of an "enchanted statue" type embellishment. That would fit better with the HP lore.

Last edited:
I finished my 2nd interview for the Gringotts attractions attendant position yesterday, and the person I interviewed with said there was something else coming to the land that has yet to be announced. An attraction of some sort. Is this something we here on the forums already know of? Or could this upcoming announcement on the 12th that ITM is involved with be our source for the info?
Large-scale character/animal interactions count as attractions. Who knows what may be lurking in Knockturn Alley...

Kind of surprised no one is talking about the stuff from the podcast, I mean it wasn't much but I'd thought for sure it would of sparked conversation :shrug:

I really enjoyed the podcast.
Lots of great nuggets in there.

I am very excited to hear about the interactive wands/shop windows. It's such a natural fit for Potter, and guests will love it. Also, seeing guests waving wands at shop windows and performing 'magic' will serve as a kind of street 'performance' and strengthen the atmosphere of Diagon Alley.

I am most intrigued now by the idea of a live actor in the Gringotts queue. A queue that has elaborate themeing, AA's, and a live actor? This sounds wonderfully extravagant.

I really am curious to hear how the actor ties in with the narrative (and the implied money-making connection with the giftshop). Could it have something to do with the dragon and clankers?

Last edited:
The interactive wands with stuff scattered along the park sounds eerily similar to some of the Disney interactive stuff with the Pirates maps, Perry phone, and Sorcerers cards. Should we be thinking of something along these? It would be pretty neat and could have a nice side effect of having the mandrake at WWOHP only start screaming after someone interacts with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.