Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 57 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
... So I was in front of London this afternoon and saw a friend from afar and waved to her with my iPhone in hand on camera mode…
image.jpg

What a fortunate "coincidence"! Thanks for the great photo!

Great perspective TLA! How tall are you to get your hand above those 8' walls? Is that lavender trim Weasley's Wizzing Wusses (whatever the name)?

I know him from the Phase 1 days. Needless to say I'm like 6'2 and I have to look up :lol:

Incredible photos, TLA! The ground floor of Grimmauld Place looks spot on, and that is just the most intriguing angle into DA ever :lol:

No one pays any attention to my questions on here, so I was forced do my own work and confirm my suspicion. The lavender facade is Weasley's.

Exterior_of_Weasleys_Wizards_Wheezes_shop.JPG

BTW: the CNC foam sculptures for the top-hat man (probably for casting) have been completed for months if not 14-18 months. I will not mention the person on here that showed me that, as I worry I have stepped on secret toes in the past. It was a wee bit of a collaboration to figure out what it was at the time.

Thought: How in hell are they ever going to create the appearance of brown velvet in that hat. Perhaps the shade from the overhang faux train thingy will protect it from the elements?

Last edited:
Exciting stuff. In my mind I always pictured Weasley's on the left hand side or a corner. But if you figure you're walking up the street (to the left) in the picture above it would be on the right. Too bad I didn't live in Orlando I'm just shy of 6'5! Great pic can't wait to see more facades inside DA take shape.

In the posted photo, the window casements are also lavender, but in the still from the film, the walls are lavender and the trim is brown. I don't think it's Weasley's.

In the posted photo, the window casements are also lavender, but in the still from the film, the walls are lavender and the trim is brown. I don't think it's Weasley's.

Yeah I was about to post the same thing. Except, I'd say the casements in the film are definitely orange, not brown, right?

Regarding the hat, I presume they will use a technique to create the satin/velvety look that is used in some toys. They spray some kind of paint/particle mixture onto plastic or metal, and it dries to the desired finish. Of course, I have no idea how that would stand up to rain and humidity. I'm also curious about his arm. Are they going to go with fabric as it clearly is in the movie?

No one pays any attention to my questions on here, so I was forced do my own work and confirm my suspicion.

If I was on here a tad bit earlier i would have been with you. Despite my agreeing with the above comments on the placement of WWW, this has to be it. Having two lavender colored buildings that close to each other would be an eyesore, so it has to be Weasley's. I also thought it would be on the opposite side, but when you think about it, canon or not, the placement of the building adds to the whole shebang. You enter: BOOM. Weasley's on your right, Gringotts in the distance, and god (HTF) only knows what's in between.

Yeah I was about to post the same thing. Except, I'd say the casements in the film are definitely orange, not brown, right?

Regarding the hat, I presume they will use a technique to create the satin/velvety look that is used in some toys. They spray some kind of paint/particle mixture onto plastic or metal, and it dries to the desired finish. Of course, I have no idea how that would stand up to rain and humidity. I'm also curious about his arm. Are they going to go with fabric as it clearly is in the movie?

What you're referring to is flocking, which even with industrial adhesives would slough off like dead skin in no time. I'm guessing the hat will simply have the texture sculpted into it, augmented by a good paint job.

-Andy

Flocking could easily be further coated in a waterproofing layer to prevent it being damaged. I've seen it done before - no idea on the longevity of such a method though.

- This is why I love reading this forum. We're debating the method Universal is going to use to make a hat. Epic.

In the last above pic it looks as tho Weasley's would be the first shop we'd enconter on the right hand side when walking into Diagon, but when zooming in on the photo I took yesturday I see a shop with green windows first on the right. On even closer inspection that lavender building might be the third from the front...

Status
Not open for further replies.