Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
BrjwRezCcAAJRQ3.jpg

So is this real or no? Tweeted by OI about 3 hours ago. No one's mentioned it on here.

It's real. I got mine in the mail today.

It's 3:20 from station to station. With a 1 and a half minutes to unload/load this should be quick 5 mins turn around when they get it just right! 168 total per train.

The train is in motion for almost exactly 4 min. The ops' goal is 8 minutes for a complete cycle, but have been averaging closer to 7 1/2.

Major Spoiler Video: Almost all of the interactive wand locations and effects. I had not seen this until today so forgive if already posted. Wait until you see the bird in a cage. Ooooooh!

[video=youtube;iKUC0EbHw20]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKUC0EbHw20[/video]

Major Spoiler Video: Almost all of the interactive wand locations and effects. I had not seen this until today so forgive if already posted. Wait until you see the bird in a cage. Ooooooh!

[video=youtube;iKUC0EbHw20]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKUC0EbHw20[/video]

It's a shame they needed to put a little light on the Kinect sensor...that ruins the magic a little bit. Still very cool overall though! I know the light is helpful because I've heard if you point it at the sensor it's easier to get.

I just booked my trip for the last week of July at the Hard Rock. Can someone confirm that the extra hour in the morning will apply to Diagon Alley? Under the terms it only lists the IOA rides.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I still don't understand how we don't see the train pulling out backwards at one of the stations.

Not to nit pick, but was anyone else surprised by the poor quality of the Hedwig animatronic as you board HE from London? This is the only animatronic in the entire station, and not only do you get a great look at it, up close, in broad daylight, but you're staring at it for about 15 minutes of queue time. Considering all that, I would think they'd have gone out of their way to make a damn near perfect animatronic, but it looks like they picked one up at Toys R Us.

Not to nit pick, but was anyone else surprised by the poor quality of the Hedwig animatronic as you board HE from London? This is the only animatronic in the entire station, and not only do you get a great look at it, up close, in broad daylight, but you're staring at it for about 15 minutes of queue time. Considering all that, I would think they'd have gone out of their way to make a damn near perfect animatronic, but it looks like they picked one up at Toys R Us.

Yeah... it is running a bit to often... with too many of the same moves. They should let it sleep a bit. As far as appearance... I agree with you except that it looks a whole lot better than the plastic things in rafters in Hogsmeade. Has anyone noticed if it has real feathers?

It's a shame they needed to put a little light on the Kinect sensor...that ruins the magic a little bit. Still very cool overall though! I know the light is helpful because I've heard if you point it at the sensor it's easier to get.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you'll see the lights in person.

The camera picks up wavelengths of light that are invisible to the naked eye. You can see this by using your phone's camera to see the little infrared light in your TV remote blink when you press a button.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you'll see the lights in person.

The camera picks up wavelengths of light that are invisible to the naked eye. You can see this by using your phone's camera to see the little infrared light in your TV remote blink when you press a button.

Oh you see the lights quite easily - once you find one, it's hard to miss at any of the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.