Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 3 | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 3

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Can you confirm if the Gringotts poem is inscribed on the door?

There is no poem that I can find on any door to gringotts. They are not letting anyone inside the ride so maybe the poem is on a door in the gringotts hall, but I don't know. ):

There is no poem that I can find on any door to gringotts. They are not letting anyone inside the ride so maybe the poem is on a door in the gringotts hall, but I don't know. ):
I am beginning to wonder if it'll be in the queue for storytelling's sake. Thanks for looking!

It is pouring and if anyone was wondering... The dragon still breathes fire in rain haha!

I just want to say a big thankyou to everyone who posts on these threads with constant updates! I am a big Potter geek and won't get to Orlando again until 2016! So thankyou to everyone for keeping us from the UK updated with everything. :wave:

I hope I'm not becoming annoying, but I just want to say that I have been in this area since 2:00 and I feel like I still haven't seen everything, excluding Gringotts. There is so much to see and it is really amazing. I know everyone keeps saying and I just have to agree, Diagon Alley is on a completely new level of theme park themeing. It's absolutely immersive. I'm still walking around, seen both shows, celestina and the three brothers, and I'm still absolutely astounded with how amazing it all is. Ok just had to get that off my chest!

- - - Updated - - -

It's in the circular entry foyer.

So it's inside? That's why I can't find it. They're not letting in Gringotts at all. A team member actually told me that there is still no guarantee, but there is a better chance at the ride soft opening tomorrow so take that with a grain of salt. As for me... I already booked a hotel room to stay here and come back tomorrow haha

3. Are guests at Olivander's aware of the multiple rooms?

The room doors are cleverly disguised as shelves with wands on them. When the doors are closed they're hard to notice. When they're open the inside of the door makes it look like its just a regular door open.

Three questions:

1. So will both Diagon Alley and Hogsmede be open between 7-8 for hotel guests now?

2. How is the train not seen pulling out backwards at one of the stations? (I know this has been talked about before.)

3. Are guests at Olivander's aware of the multiple rooms?
1. Not until 7/9
2. It is seen, it just isn't a big deal.
3. No, the 3 entry doors are concealed when closed so you are only aware of your room.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you confirm if the Gringotts poem is inscribed on the door?

It's in the lobby, I have a photo:
IMG_7058.JPG

The bank lobby is way taller than I thought it would be. That middle chandelier must be like 50 ft or something. It's like "whoa" when you walk in. I do wonder if it wouldn't have been easier to just put a real marble veneer on the columns though, instead of all that experimenting with coverings and painting.

I'm here again and apparently Gringotts was open for vacation package guests, but it's not open for guests as of now. I've been sitting outside of Grongotts for the last hour and clocking the dragon and it's fire breathing. If anyone was wondering, it breathes fire every 10 minutes, give or take a second. It growls for about 20 seconds everytime before, and then breathes fire for about 5 seconds. Also, I believe Mark Woodbury walked by me and said hello to everyone waiting.

- - - Updated - - -

They just opened the gates to Gringotts because they were testing them. What a tease. It doesn't seem like any soft openings today for Gringotts...

The bank lobby is way taller than I thought it would be. That middle chandelier must be like 50 ft or something. It's like "whoa" when you walk in. I do wonder if it wouldn't have been easier to just put a real marble veneer on the columns though, instead of all that experimenting with coverings and painting.

Not only is it cheaper, they are also able to get the exact look they are after and can quickly make changes if it does not look right. Same with the bricks and any of the faux stone work.

Would someone please walk up the stairs next to Gringotts and take a picture of what stops one from going further... also, a picture of the forced perspective buildings up the final stairs would be appreciated!

What stops you is a couple poles and a chain. It looks like you could walk back there otherwise (maybe some backstage access?).

What stops you is a couple poles and a chain. It looks like you could walk back there otherwise (maybe some backstage access?).

I appreciate the pic and zoom awhen! Very well executed and leave everyone with the feeling they couldn't see everything because "parts were blocked off". Love it.

I want so spend some time on those steps, when it isn't raining, so that I can not only rest, but watch the dragon and the people. Seems a nice place to sit with ice cream and/or a drink.

So is the ministry of magic expected to be a single ride or is it on the same scale as Diagon/Hogsmeade?

So is the ministry of magic expected to be a single ride or is it on the same scale as Diagon/Hogsmeade?

Nobody knows if this is even going to happen, but I'd imagine if it happens it could take over the FFL area as a ride with some minor theming around it. We aren't going to get see a Diagon/Hogsmeade type expansion again.

As amazing as the theming is in daylight, those windows really pop after dark--especially the second story ones. And dragon fire at night ... amazing.