Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 3 | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 3

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If I plan to get to the parking garage at 7:30am tomorrow, will that be too late to avoid an insane queue to the park?

Its hard to say because a fair amount more have seen it so the attendance should not be too terrible. Then again, TMs were told to come early to work tomorrow. I am coming in 2 hrs early so I have time for traffic issues. Several TMs are walking tomorrow to avoid it altogether (lol).

Most hotels have a check in time. Why would you expect a room key prior to that? Perhaps I misunderstand?

Somebody already answered correctly but yes, you can grab the key for your on site privileges and then get your room later in the day.

From twitter-

"AND they are making us leave until 5 am when the parking structure opens. Challenge accepted. [HASHTAG]#DiagonAlley[/HASHTAG]"

I booked a room at Cabana Bay, just for the night. I was told at the front desk that all hotel guests will get early admission to diagon starting Tomorrow.

Also I'm currently at the front of the line at the entrance of Universal.

I feel like crying. I should've gone. I've seen almost every screw go into this place.

Last edited:
So, watching all the local coverage, they let guests into the parking structure at 5 then into Studios at 6. All of the local stations are doing live remotes (including interviews with Mark Woodbury) and have their new copters up overhead. You can see the crowds building in the London area around the red carpet. Universal is not saying what the grand opening ceremony will be but apparently they have something special planned.

All of the traffic reports are warning people who will be taking I-4 today that there will probably be backups around Universal.

So, watching all the local coverage, they let guests into the parking structure at 5 then into Studios at 6. All of the local stations are doing live remotes (including interviews with Mark Woodbury) and have their new copters up overhead. You can see the crowds building in the London area around the red carpet. Universal is not saying what the grand opening ceremony will be but apparently they have something special planned.

All of the traffic reports are warning people who will be taking I-4 today that there will probably be backups around Universal.

That's exactly what they did, but in groups.
Also at Men in black they were only letting 1000 into the London waterfront at a time.

One of my favorite details that I found last night is at the Pin and Key Chain kiosk next to the mermaid statue. Look for the Chocolate Frog pin. It opens to reveal the frog but that's not the best part. Put it up to your nose and it smells like actual Chocolate! That's a detail that not a lot of people will ever notice but it's perfect!
2vb3fag.jpg

Looks like it was wise to grand open on a weekday. Lots of early birds, but no line thru CityWalk like last time.

From Attractions Magazine: 'They're walking guests around through Simpsons area'

BsBNTqbCEAICEuH.jpg:large

'No line at turnstiles right now' (7:30 am)

BsBMGmdCQAAYmW4.jpg:large

so it seems like they won't be getting the crowds like last time...I wonder what this weekend will look like.

Apparently Gringotts is open, but only running three cars - it's going to be a long wait for some! Single rider line open as well.

Edit: Gringotts is already at 150 minutes, and Diagon has only been open 25 mins. If it goes down its going to be a mess.

Edit 2: And Gringotts is down! Universal must be sweating. I really hope they get it back up again soon. Lunch break now over, this is going to be a long afternoon at work!

Last edited:
I have a feeling the lack of crowds is due to people realizing what last time was like and waiting a bit to go to this section. Anyone who knows anything about the Harry Potter sections saw the lines from last time and said screw it...

How many cars was the ride designed to handle at once?

I believe it is 7. Seth has just tweeted that on 3 trains they're currently dispatching every 2 minutes so getting 720 pph, which is encouraging for the future when it gets to full capacity.