Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 3 | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 3

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Anyone have any advice on how to handle the opening tomorrow? Is there a time around which we'll actually be allowed to park? Get in? Will there be anything special tomorrow that can ONLY be experienced tomorrow?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a webcast for the Grand Opening of the Hogsmeade portion of the Wizarding World? If so, will there be one for the Grand Opening of Diagon Alley tomorrow?

Anyone have any advice on how to handle the opening tomorrow? Is there a time around which we'll actually be allowed to park? Get in? Will there be anything special tomorrow that can ONLY be experienced tomorrow?

You might see some Potter celebrities, maybe. But I can't imagine anything else other than bragging to people that you were at Diagon Alley's grand opening. But since I've seen everything except Gringotts before the opening, and so have a lot of other people it just doesn't mean much. It isn't like you'd be among the first people to experience anything.

I'll be asking around to figure that out myself. The second city walk let's me through, I'm lining up.

Br9r3ErCIAEPt2w.jpg

This has just shown up on Twitter

Br9r3ErCIAEPt2w.jpg

This has just shown up on Twitter

I know Universal is trying to disperse crowds by recommending people visit Hogsmeade first, but honestly, that may be the better bet if you want to ride the Hogwarts Express. A majority of people will be over at Diagon for the grand opening, so if you haven't ridden the Hogwarts Express yet, there will probably be a wait much less than in London. That way you can knock out one of the rides at the very beginning of the day. You will obviously still have to contest crowds afterwards trying to get into Diagon, but it makes sense to me. Really depends on what your priorities are and how they will do the line formation tomorrow to enter.

7am for the 9th? But they won't get in until 8am right, 1 hour early entry. So the hotel guests are lining up for that hour?

So, does anyone foresee any "special" signs at the entrance to Gringotts asking for patience and forgiveness tomorrow? Might they just act like everything is fine and the ride will be up and down continuously for the day? Perhaps we should take bets on the ride operating at 20, 40, 60, 80% capacity, all bets placed by 9AM tomorrow... :inquisitive:

So, does anyone foresee any "special" signs at the entrance to Gringotts asking for patience and forgiveness tomorrow? Might they just act like everything is fine and the ride will be up and down continuously for the day? Perhaps we should take bets on the ride operating at 20, 40, 60, 80% capacity, all bets placed by 9AM tomorrow... :inquisitive:
"40%"

The park opens at 8am to the general public for a while once Diagon opens.

Thanks, didn't know that it was opening an hour early. So hotel guests get in at 7am. They'll have to get up and should leave for shuttles by like 6 at least. Yikes. Early day! I expect the hotel guests to try and get to the shuttles on the 9th as soon as they can.

Makes more sense for me to people to go Hogsmeade first in the morning, get on the HE from there. Probably less line going into Diagon Alley on the HE than leaving Diagon on the HE.

Last edited:
I'm going to bet it's at 40% tomorrow but gets better as the crowds board, tweaking done during and after operation. Maybe 50-60% if Universal gets luck and they worked hard enough, but I don't see it being much better than that for at least the next few weeks...

You can have a ride open on time, not break down, or operate at full capacity. Pick two. Last I heard Universal might not pick the first.

I guess Universal figured a way around going to IOA first and riding the HE into Diagon bypassing the masses.

Universal's blog.
http://blog.universalorlando.com/vi...gon-alley/?social_id=social_20140707_27410376

HOGWARTS EXPRESS
The Hogwarts Express is scheduled to begin operation at 9 am on July 8.

On July 8, to ride the Hogwarts Express from King’s Cross Station in Universal Studios to Hogsmeade Station in Islands of Adventure, you’ll be asked to wait in the Grand Opening queue line in Universal Studios.

On July 8, if you ride the Hogwarts Express from Hogsmeade Station in Islands of Adventure to King’s Cross Station in Universal Studios, you will then be asked to wait in the Grand Opening line to enter Diagon Alley or to ride the train to back to Hogsmeade.

Because the Hogwarts Express will transport you from one theme park to another, you will need a Park-to-Park admission ticket to ride it. If you don’t have one, you can upgrade to a Park-to-Park admission ticket at locations in front of each train station or at the front of each park.

If I plan to get to the parking garage at 7:30am tomorrow, will that be too late to avoid an insane queue to the park?

I plan on going to Cabana Bay for the 13th and 14th, and I called to ask what time front desk normally opens so I can get my room key for early entry. I was told 7, but that is what time early entry would start.. Are they going to adjust for this Summer after tomorrow?

If I plan to get to the parking garage at 7:30am tomorrow, will that be too late to avoid an insane queue to the park?

I'm guessing, but I would think the line into the parking garage will be large by that time.

I plan on going to Cabana Bay for the 13th and 14th, and I called to ask what time front desk normally opens so I can get my room key for early entry. I was told 7, but that is what time early entry would start.. Are they going to adjust for this Summer after tomorrow?

I hope that isn't the case, if so shame on them. Most hotels have 24 hour front desk assistance.

Most hotels have a check in time. Why would you expect a room key prior to that? Perhaps I misunderstand?

Most hotels have a check in time. Why would you expect a room key prior to that? Perhaps I misunderstand?

I've gotten a key, charging privileges and Express Pass from Portofino Bay as early as 6:30a. My room key was't assigned to a room until later in the day. They called my cell with the room number when it was available.