1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

World of Color Return

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort' started by bob albert, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Joe

Joe aka TestTrack321 Staff Member Moderator

Saw the show twice this trip, fountains look better than the first showing but many are still missing. Interesting note that they were having lighting issues during the show: Mermaid’s exterior lights were fading on and off during the show, Zeypher was on all show, and Incredicoaster’s external lights on the tunnels turned on during Little Mermaid and stayed on all show.

Fallow likes this.
  2. Evan

Evan Member

I noticed that watching a video of the show, could actually see them turning on and off lights to try and find the correct ones that wouldn’t go off. Eventually they settled on leaving the incredicoaster tunnel lights on after they got the rest off.

Seems like during the Pixar pier redo some of the new lighting wasn’t integrated properly, or they haven’t had time to program it in yet so they are switching off manually but don’t know what to switch off...

Fallow and Joe like this.
  3. Teebin

Teebin Legendary Member

Cripes! Ain’t this FUGLY!!! I can’t believe this is what guests are presented with...

4. Joe

Joe aka TestTrack321 Staff Member Moderator

Well in fairness most of the time the show equipment is underwater, it’s just raised for maintenance then.

Scott W. likes this.
  5. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

Just as the base/fountains were exposed at USF during CineCele’s recent refurbishment.

Joe likes this.
  6. Teebin

Teebin Legendary Member

Not quite... That appears a rusty pile of junk in California. At least USF appeared clean and orderly. But you two can remain on your high-horses if it pleases you. ;)

7. AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush Legendary Member

I mean in defense of DCA, you are dealing with the fact that WoC has now been going on for nearly a decade.

Even when they were forced to close for almost an year, it's been running much longer than UOR has for CineCele.

__

I do agree though in that, they should clean it a lot more properly; but there are more factors to consider when you deal with that much space for a show like that within the lagoon.

Nick and Joe like this.
  8. Evan

Evan Member

I mean... USF will eventually look the same...