Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Studios Singapore General Discussion

Both would be welcome to the streets of any Universal park! Those are great IMO!

Since they are inbetween realistic human sizes and not big enough to be full scale Transformers it is a shame they never tried to fabricate the same idea with Terminator walk arounds.

I'm just gonna chalk this up to another cool thing Singapore has that we'll never see in the States.

I'm just gonna chalk this up to another cool thing Singapore has that we'll never see in the States.

As I now understand it, these were built HERE and sent THERE. Things are changing for Universal and I am very interested to see how the next few years play out globally.

As I now understand it, these were built HERE and sent THERE. Things are changing for Universal and I am very interested to see how the next few years play out globally.

Aaahhh... you may not tell us they were built here without telling us who built them. Kidding, but do you know? If not, I will have to go on one of my quests. Any orders for Halloween costumes? Only $9K each!

Aaahhh... you may not tell us they were built here without telling us who built them. Kidding, but do you know? If not, I will have to go on one of my quests. Any orders for Halloween costumes? Only $9K each!

Here's a link with more info: http://www.thereplicapropforum.com/...-universal-studios-singapore-costumes-133856/

Surprisingly, they don't weigh more than 85 lbs. I would have thought much more. Remarkable.

Also, in post #17 he states, "I can't confirm when or if the Hollywood Universal will get them yet."

"...when or if...", eh?

Dejiki has posted a new update regarding construction of the Marine Life Park.

6941070792_1c736ced10_z.jpg

7087143787_86323c737d_z.jpg

6941075178_bd4421eb3e_z.jpg

Universal Studios Singapore has released a new teaser video that strengthens rumours that the park will open a Sesame Street-themed dark ride in 2013.

The video features a number of clues that point to the Sesame Street theme. This includes references to the “Sunny Days” theme song, as well as footage of a trash can that could easily be home to the Oscar the Grouch character. These are consistent with reports from Screamscape that the new ride will be based around the kids’ TV show.

The Sesame Street dark ride is expected to use a similar ride system to E.T. Adventures at Universal Studios Florida and Universal Studios Japan. It is likely to form the centrepiece of a new Sesame Street sub-land, which may also incorporate a number of smaller flat rides and a meet-and-great area.

Universal Studios Singapore has previously revealed plans to open at least 4 new attractions by 2013, although this includes the recently-opened Transformers The Ride.

[video=youtube_share;7Zcbi3hoh04]http://youtu.be/7Zcbi3hoh04[/video]

USS is shaping up to be a really great park!

Universal Studios Singapore has released a new teaser video that strengthens rumours that the park will open a Sesame Street-themed dark ride in 2013.

The video features a number of clues that point to the Sesame Street theme. This includes references to the “Sunny Days” theme song, as well as footage of a trash can that could easily be home to the Oscar the Grouch character. These are consistent with reports from Screamscape that the new ride will be based around the kids’ TV show.

The Sesame Street dark ride is expected to use a similar ride system to E.T. Adventures at Universal Studios Florida and Universal Studios Japan. It is likely to form the centrepiece of a new Sesame Street sub-land, which may also incorporate a number of smaller flat rides and a meet-and-great area.

USS is shaping up to be a really great park!

Wonder why Japan was mentioned as if it still had the ET attraction. Interesting that they would go with that ride system for it if that is the case.

I could easily see the dark ride themed to Grouchland. Dark enough to be immersive and unique, but not overly dark or odd for the kids. Easily one of the most popular characters of the show with a world of his own with his own kind in Grouchland.

New info in this article from TODAYonline:

Sesame Street ride to open at Universal Studios S'pore

SINGAPORE - It will be a trip down memory lane for many Singaporeans when the Sesame Street Theme Park Ride opens at Universal Studios Singapore, later this year.

It is the first Sesame Street ride in Southeast Asia, and only one of three in the world.

But for those who cannot wait, there is also something else in store these June holidays.

Visitors to Universal Studios Singapore will get to meet eight Sesame Street characters, including Bert, Oscar and Cookie Monster, as they perform three shows daily, and get interactive with audiences, from Monday.

The theme park will open later this year, and will be located at the corner of 'New York Street', one of seven themed zones in Universal Studios Singapore.

Vice-president of Entertainment at Resorts World Sentosa, Andrea Teo, said: "I think it's a very unique ride. It's got the same Sesame Street kind of humour, it's a bit wacky, it's a bit way-out-there, it'll make you laugh and because it's a ride, it also gives you a bit of a thrill (and) adventure."

Visitors can also have a buffet breakfast experience with the Sesame Street characters later this year.

This news report claims that Potter is coming to not only Japan, but Singapore as well. Screamscape notes that it might just be that the writer misinterpreted a press release about the boy wizard coming to Asia.

SINGAPORE: The boy wizard and “he who must not be named” are coming to Japan and Singapore in new theme parks, according to Warner Bros and NBC Universal, in a new announcement on the parks for Asia.

The studio had, in December last year, announced it was looking at building the theme parks in the Asian countries. Now, they said it could become a reality as early as late 2013, early 2014.

The proposals for parks in Japan and Singapore were reported and have fans excited, but details of the theme parks inspired by the JK Rowling series are yet to be delivered.

A second park in the United States is also being created in an effort to expand the brand made successful by the 7-part book series and the 8 films made by Warner Bros.

According to reports, a 2010 park in Orlando, Florida allows fans to experience many of the thrills and attractions from Hogwarts, the home of the wizards and witches education in the mythical world created by Rowling.

Harry Potter’s popularity extends to a global scale, and tourists from all over the world traveled to see the book and movie series come to life in Florida.

Singapore is seen as an ideal destination for the park, but no concrete details of the enterprise have been released to the public.