Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion | Page 106 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Thanks much. I thought it was in that range but wasn't sure. This really makes me doubt the estimated attendance figures for DHS & Animal Kingdom. Neither park has much attraction capacity so those 1 million figures are probably false projections. They would need to average around 25,000 to 30,000 a day and there is no way that happens. Supposedly they were only doing 18,000 a day during the busy summer months.

Theme parks everywhere were down this past summer--even Universal, which saw an increase in attendance, did not reach the high levels Universal was estimating. While this is up for debate among insiders of the industry, the theory I buy into most is the World Cup taking a lot of attendance from the parks. Considering soccer has a huge South American base AND the fact that the event was held in Brazil, a lot of South Americans probably postponed their US theme park tours to go to The World Cup instead. And as we all know, South Americans are the bread and butter of the Orlando theme parks, so losing some of them was noticeable. In any case, I suspect all parks to see healthier summers in 2015 and to have exceptional Christmas seasons.

Theme parks everywhere were down this past summer--even Universal, which saw an increase in attendance, did not reach the high levels Universal was estimating. While this is up for debate among insiders of the industry, the theory I buy into most is the World Cup taking a lot of attendance from the parks. Considering soccer has a huge South American base AND the fact that the event was held in Brazil, a lot of South Americans probably postponed their US theme park tours to go to The World Cup instead. And as we all know, South Americans are the bread and butter of the Orlando theme parks, so losing some of them was noticeable. In any case, I suspect all parks to see healthier summers in 2015 and to have exceptional Christmas seasons.

You know come to think about it, the amount of clapping and chanting or lack there of in this case was very noticeable within Diagon this Summer. This is a great point thanks for sharing!

Hmm it did intrude a bit didn't it? I remember going on my B-Day (September) during the day with all the Terra Cruentas stuff out..it was interesting..

Personally I chalk it up to four options
1) Build more houses (9, 10??) have more shows (3??)
2) Put a cap on the number of people allowed in + More event nights
3) Open some backstage areas and have some carnival rides + tented bars
4) Do nothing, lessen the guest experience and hope that people start hating the event and don't return

:lol: I dont know why this made me laugh so hard.

I would personally love option 3, having carnival rides would be kind of cool. Yeah they would be cheap, but if they decorated the area like a demented carnival and added some scary clowns to roam the area it would be amazing. It reminds me of the 2007 HHN website. That would be a dream come true if they created some sort of Jack's Carnival where he is the one that brought it up and you see Jack at the carnival talking to people.

When would they announce extending out ffp and ffp+ for that last sat if they are going to do it? I forget when they did it last year. I want to go one more time and am deciding between Sunday and gambling for sat.

14j6sdv.png

10ykz87.png

Sold out indeed. If anyone that went from here I really wanna know how bad it was.

2irmb2f.png

I'm curious what the breaking point will be tonight.

Last edited:
Was there until about 9:30. Typical Friday, slow build--Duff Gardens was relatively slow, hear the same about Finns. Easily did the back 4 houses before 7:00, at which point AvP was still only 10, DU only 15--Finns was dead. Once again crowd began to build after 8:00. This was not an insider AP crowd, the outdoor beer carts had 30-person lines while Finns remained at most at a dull roar. By 9:00 TWD was posted 150, express stretched back to the lawn, took a good 20 - 25 minutes. Streets were becoming impassable--think Mardi Gras only park-wide. That's when I bailed.

Damn!

I am glad I always do stay and scream and generally leave before 20h, longest I waited this year was an hour for walking dead, probably won't do that again. Last wednesday I did stay and scream at duffs, did 7 houses (Halloween x2 - Roanoke - Dollhouse - Giggles - AvP - FDTD) and left by 19h40.

Last night was really bad.

Reasonable until 9ish Halloween at 90.

Once 11 hit walking dead was at 180 (25 min express), avp was 140 (25 min express with a fight almost breaking out), Dracula 120 and fdtd was at 30 at 1:00.

from dusk till dawn 45 minutes :lol: yeah marketing, great IP they chose lol....:pound:

Part of that is being the first house as general public enters--a ton of people still go there first, and it doesn't already have the line of die-hard fans, so they do it and move on. Even tho I agree it's not the most culturally relevant property out there.

- - - Updated - - -

Last night was really bad.

Reasonable until 9ish Halloween at 90.

Non-AP crowd, they all wait for free parking at 8, or didn't get off work until 6 and went home to change/pre-game.