SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This is just not going to happen. They teamed up with the Human Society and I don't see the pressure on them to close enclosures. I think many of their enclosures are starting to focus on rescue and endangered species. I think they will move to this type of focus over the next 10 years which will allow them to keep their enclosures.
That is a very good point, I had forgotten about the partnership...The rehab angle is a great way to keep the enclosures

Sea World should start phasing out their 'enclosures' entirely...Only a matter of time before we see a 'Blackfish' done with every other animal at the park...That would leave a ton of space for new rides

This is the tricky part, the Orkas were the bright shiny object in which it was pretty much just SeaWorld to attack in America. Anything else and there's many more examples and not just SeaWorld to attack. Let's take Belugas. CNN has a relationship with the incredible Atlanta Aquarium but it has Beluga and a Dolphins show. It was this hypocrisy that I found bewildering while they were trying to recoup their cost of purchasing the Blackfish rights. Remember they played this over and over to sell ads like MSNBC does with To Catch a Predator.

Typhoon Lagoon's Shark Reef to close next month

This is always booked at Typhoon Lagoon, so I wonder why it's leaving. That being said, SeaWorld, either put a version of this in Aquatica or Discovery Cove because it would be one of the most unique attractions in the area. While you're at it, improve on Disney's design somehow.

Perhaps it cost a bit extra to run. Disney doesn't seem to like a "bit extra" anymore.
Teebin is correct.

This has been rumored to close for about 2-3 years, if not more now. The maintenance for this is very high so I imagine since they are finally adding something new to the park (Miss Fortune Falls), they decided to put the thing down. It's unfortunate because it was really something that made Typhoon Lagoon unique.

Reactions: maxairmike
Typhoon Lagoon's Shark Reef to close next month

This is always booked at Typhoon Lagoon, so I wonder why it's leaving. That being said, SeaWorld, either put a version of this in Aquatica or Discovery Cove because it would be one of the most unique attractions in the area. While you're at it, improve on Disney's design somehow.

I like how at the Grand Reef (Discovery Cove) you can snorkel by the sharks. However, you're separated by glass. My boyfriend and I always wish they would allow you to actually snorkel on their side of the glass, so you're with the sharks.....:)

Honestly, I did the Shark Reef a couple months back and it was looking REAL tired compared to years back. A lot of algae in the water, murky, and those snorkel masks everyone shared have seen much, much better days.

Perhaps it cost a bit extra to run. Disney doesn't seem to like a "bit extra" anymore.

That's not true. They seem to like a "bit extra" when it comes to the prices of tickets, parking, food and merchandise. And a "lot extra" when it comes to the prices of their hotels.

Reactions: Joel and WAJAS
Perhaps Seaworld finds a new, permanent home for the shark touch pool.

The kids loved the Manta touch pool set up in San Antonio, where touching was free but other activities were upchanges.

Perhaps a new raft slide where you go underneath the sharks and a touch area at Aquatica.

Reactions: anihilnation
Perhaps Seaworld finds a new, permanent home for the shark touch pool.

The kids loved the Manta touch pool set up in San Antonio, where touching was free but other activities were upchanges.

Perhaps a new raft slide where you go underneath the sharks and a touch area at Aquatica.
I always felt aquatica needed sharks, a raft slide going through a shark pool would be awesome.

And with the phasing out of the commerson's dolphins, they'll probably put something like sharks and/or rays into that tank.

Looks like SeaWorld is installing a fence along the lake. This is likely in response to the incident at Disney earlier this year.
gzS1.jpg

Credit: orlandoparksnews.com

Reactions: Joel and IzzyB
I dunno, there was a small pond directly across from my property and I never heard the owners complain about gators. The only gator I ever saw was behind my Publix store... so I drove back there often to see the snappy choppers from inside my car when they sunned themselves in the winter sun.

The problem is you usually don't see them, but they're there...

I'm fairly sure there are no gators in the lake at SeaWorld, but there's also no way to make it 100% gator proof. They tend to move from one body of water to another and the canal behind SeaWorld connects to Shingle Creek. That canal runs right through my neighborhood and I know I've seen gators in there.