Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Avengers Campus (DCA)

I really hope the Spider-Man ride at Disney's California Adventure isn't like the Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man at Islands of Adventure. That ride is still a fun and timeless attraction. It would be interesting the moment Disney's version of Spider-Man comes, people would compare it to the Spider-Man ride at IOA.

I'm bummed that marvel didn't announce anything for marvel land and that make me mad :angry:

As much as I do agree; give it time.

Things could've changed at the last moment, and that would be very plausible. Hell, if you want proof that stuff like that could happen, I believe Jim Hill and Len Testa mentioned on their D23 overview of what was announced, that they were neck and neck till about Thursday of July 13th on what to announce.

And that, we don't know when Bugs Land will close as of yet, so I think we need to wait. Similar to what has happened in regards to Dragon Challenge and Kidzone being replaced in Orlando.

As much as I do agree; give it time.

Things could've changed at the last moment, and that would be very plausible. Hell, if you want proof that stuff like that could happen, I believe Jim Hill and Len Testa mentioned on their D23 overview of what was announced, that they were neck and neck till about Thursday of July 13th on what to announce.

And that, we don't know when Bugs Land will close as of yet, so I think we need to wait. Similar to what has happened in regards to Dragon Challenge and Kidzone being replaced in Orlando.
Your right

I just can't imagine the Spiderman ride being a good idea.. like.. it's just asking to be compared to the one at IOA and most people consider that one to be near perfect.

I think the outcome, regardless of quality, would be seeing it as a ripoff like we do when we see a similar ride in a foreign park. And that's not a good thing.

And have we talked much about the Avengers? Public consensus is that the Avengers have to be there and well represented. I think their ride is far more likely than Spidey.

I just can't imagine the Spiderman ride being a good idea.. like.. it's just asking to be compared to the one at IOA and most people consider that one to be near perfect.

I think the outcome, regardless of quality, would be seeing it as a ripoff like we do when we see a similar ride in a foreign park. And that's not a good thing.

And have we talked much about the Avengers? Public consensus is that the Avengers have to be there and well represented. I think their ride is far more likely than Spidey.

Since it's inevitable that a comparison is going to be made between Spider-Man rides, I think Disney's only choice is to do something completely different with an attraction. It's either going to have to be a coaster or a show.

Uh, I think we've forgotten that 1% of the people that will visit DCA don't even know that ride exists. I know some people that you would be surprised at how clueless they are when it comes to parks. Someone I knew thought Breakout opened at USH. I don't think the whole Spider-Man comparison is going to be an issue.

WDI should take on UC head on and build a Kuka based Spider-man ride.

I believe that Disneyland will avoid a straight up Avengers attraction, and go with individual Avengers characters' attractions. Universal will market the Avengers name, but feature Rhodey/War Machine and Iron Legion as it's main characters.

Uh, I think we've forgotten that 1% of the people that will visit DCA don't even know that ride exists. I know some people that you would be surprised at how clueless they are when it comes to parks. Someone I knew thought Breakout opened at USH. I don't think the whole Spider-Man comparison is going to be an issue.

While probably true, the 1% who do know are going to be the most vocal and seeing as this is the first time a direct comparison could be made between the companies since it's the same IP, nobody is going to want to concede bragging rights.

I believe that Disneyland will avoid a straight up Avengers attraction, and go with individual Avengers characters' attractions. Universal will market the Avengers name, but feature Rhodey/War Machine and Iron Legion as it's main characters.
It's being talked about that Spidey will be the D-ticket, and Avengers will be the E-ticket right now though. Although the "Avengers" ride could be very similar to Captain America: Civil War in that they call it a Captain America ride, but is really for all intents and purposes an Avengers ride (from some things i've heard).

The Universal part sure sounds like a knowledgeable hint to me. ;) Especially with the ride system patent sitting out there. :)

The Universal part sure sounds like a knowledgeable hint to me. ;) Especially with the ride system patent sitting out there. :)
About 3 years ago, someone here said that Universal was working on an "Iron Man launched flying coaster". Everyone poo pooed the news.

:)

It's not actually Iron Man, it's Iron Legion and not actually a coaster, but a tracked motorized flying ride system. So based on a verbal description, I think I did OK. No one else even had a clue anything was happening at that time.

About 5 years ago, someone here said that Universal was working on an "Iron Man flying coaster". Everyone poo pooed the news.

:)

It's not actually Iron Man, it's Iron Legion and not actually a coaster, but a tracked flying ride system. So based on a verbal description, I think I did OK. No one else even had a clue anything was happening at that time.
Heh, you're right as much as Teebin. You two are the Insider Stars. :thumbsup:..........So you're drinking:cheers: at that Church Street bar where UC hangs out again? ;):shades::)

I disagree. People who visit DLR DO travel and likely have traveled over to Orlando. By the time it opens, it'll have been at Islands of Adventure for over 20 years. Disney and Universal are NOT regional parks. They have tourists visit from all over and are advertised around the country accordingly. If we were talking about a ride at say Kennywood, I say that 1% might be accurate.