Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 54 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah at this point I'm over trying to figure it out. Screamscape will likely come the closes to revealing it anyway in the next day or two.

Smart strategy now to just expect the Vekoma family launch coaster, and let everything else come as a surprise.

Though my gut tells me SF (and SFMM in particular) would not work with Vekoma. I guess we'll see.

Last edited:
View attachment 7593 Looks like an S&S launch it is.

He just posted this as a reply

6MoreThrowawayFlags

Score hidden· 4 hours ago
A lot of people have been asking me about the Magic Mountain roller coaster. Here's what I remember:

• When people showed me some examples of other coasters, the closest comparison I could make was S&S.

• It has a red, black, and white color scheme.

• There was a part with a really steep hill both ways immediately after the launch.

• Two vehicles are chasing each other at all times. The race starts with one vehicle going up a lift hill and the other launches to catch up to it. They're supposed to hit the top of their respective hills at the same time.

• It's one big track, so you'll always get to try both ways.

• It goes upside down three times.

Man I hope he's right. This sounds more like a racing version of Maverick, which I'm totally here for...

I wish people would stop poisoning these boards with crap from that sad sack Park Bros. He's the biggest reason for the disappointment.

Man you guys got duped really bad. Lol What will be funny is if we end up getting a family coaster proving Park Bros was right, especially after seeing all that smack you guys dished out.

That's what happens when you put your faith in the @Freak Lol jk man

I'm also done with the guessing games. Just gonna wait it out till Wednesday.

Man you guys got duped really bad. Lol What will be funny is if we end up getting a family coaster proving Park Bros was right, especially after seeing all that smack you guys dished out.

C’mon man, I’m no better than anyone else on here. I’m just trying to figure out what’s coming just like all of us here.

Wednesday needs to hurry up. I’m weary of the rumors.

I don't think anybody here got duped at all. We were reacting to what was posted. If you look at my predictions, no where in there is anything close to what that dude posted. I stick by my predictions, even if they're ultimately proven wrong.

As for Park Bros, that guy is such a nosey little sad sack. Even if he ends up being correct, the way he presented it on his channel was so click baity and designed to shamelessly stir up SFMM fans.

"It's a T-Rex...no, It's definitely not a T-Rex...oh, it may be a T-Rex...sorry guys, NOT a T-Rex....Oh...guess what guys, turns out the employees have the scoop...it's a family Steeplechase! Dude, just shut up.

Last edited:
I don't think anybody here got duped at all. We were reacting to what was posted. If you look at my predictions, no where in there is anything close to what that dude posted. I stick by my predictions, even if they're ultimately proven wrong.

As for Park Bros, that guy is such a nosey little sad sack. Even if he ends up being correct, the way he presented it on his channel was so click baity and designed to shamelessly stir up SFMM fans.

"It's a T-Rex...no, It's definitely not a T-Rex...oh, it may be a T-Rex...sorry guys, NOT a T-Rex. Dude, just shut up.

I was half-kidding dude.

At the end of the day, we should have all listened to @Chris Galindo when he said to keep our expectations low. He obviously knows what the coaster is, but just can't reveal much.

I was half-kidding dude.

At the end of the day, we should have all listened to @Chris Galindo when he said to keep our expectations low. He obviously knows what the coaster is, but just can't reveal much.

I agree with that, especially where SFMM is concerned. Full Throttle anyone?

But at the same time, it's just human nature to get excited over a new coaster, especially one that is such a guarded secret by the park. I mean, it's not like TC, Drop of Doom and Crazanity weren't pretty impressive announcements.

Ultimately, we'll probably be let down. But there's always that glimmer of hope. If there's any time to let your imagination run wild, it's now. Just know that it may not happen.

Reactions: Freak
I agree with that, especially where SFMM is concerned. Full Throttle anyone?

But at the same time, it's just human nature to get excited over a new coaster, especially one that is such a guarded secret by the park. I mean, it's not like TC, Drop of Doom and Crazanity weren't pretty impressive announcements.

Ultimately, we'll probably be let down. But there's always that glimmer of hope. If there's any time to let your imagination run wild, it's now. Just know that it may not happen.
Keep in mind SFMM is announcing the new ride a day ahead of all of the other parks. That implies this will be something truly special. This is also SFMM’s 20th coaster. They even keep teasing that “Big Thrills” are in store for 2019. I would find it baffling if they hype everyone to the moon only to reveal a family coaster. I understand it’s SFMM, but they can’t be that foolish....right?!

Keep in mind SFMM is announcing the new ride a day ahead of all of the other parks. That implies this will be something truly special. This is also SFMM’s 20th coaster. They even keep teasing that “Big Thrills” are in store for 2019. I would find it baffling if they hype everyone to the moon only to reveal a family coaster. I understand it’s SFMM, but they can’t be that foolish....right?!

Well yeah, they can lol. But SFMM hasn't really added a loser to the park since Green Lantern. So I trust that whatever they have in store will at least be very good.

So yeah, I guess that means the S&S is out at SFMM. My picks so far:

1) RMC dueling Raptors - If by chance people are right, and the T-Rex is not ready yet, this is the main alternative. And since the cost would be cheaper, SFMM could really go nuts with this.

I swear I did NOT send in this rumor. But it does fit my #1 prediction. We'll see...

icon_STOP.gif
2019 - New Coaster / Cyclone Bay Update - Rumor - (8/27/18) I'm not sure how legit this rumor is, but according to the latest word sent my way the new coaster coming to Six Flags Magic Mountain may not be S&S or Mack at all... but would you believe an... RMC? I'm really not sure if this kind of thing would be happening so soon, but the source of this rumor claims it will be the first RMC Raptor coaster that will also feature dual launches and essentially act like a mini steel version of Twisted Colossus that would send the riders around a second time on a second section of track for racing/dueling action that would include interlocking Dive Loops and Immelmans and a section that looks similar to the much photographed inversions of Twisted Colossus where the one track rolled over into an inversion right over the top of the other.
The official announcement are coming later this week, so stay tuned!

I swear I did NOT send in this rumor. But it does fit my #1 prediction. We'll see...

icon_STOP.gif
2019 - New Coaster / Cyclone Bay Update - Rumor - (8/27/18) I'm not sure how legit this rumor is, but according to the latest word sent my way the new coaster coming to Six Flags Magic Mountain may not be S&S or Mack at all... but would you believe an... RMC? I'm really not sure if this kind of thing would be happening so soon, but the source of this rumor claims it will be the first RMC Raptor coaster that will also feature dual launches and essentially act like a mini steel version of Twisted Colossus that would send the riders around a second time on a second section of track for racing/dueling action that would include interlocking Dive Loops and Immelmans and a section that looks similar to the much photographed inversions of Twisted Colossus where the one track rolled over into an inversion right over the top of the other.
Not quite the T-Rex I hoped for, but I'll take it. Sounds like this could be our remedy for Maverick.

I think we finally know what it is. Now we await the layout.

That makes more sense than the family coaster, given the fact that the park will be:

1. Announcing it before the other SF parks
2. Having an actual press conference and not just dropping a video.

Last edited:

icon_STOP.gif

If it does turn out to be your #1 prediction, you will definitely get a boost in credibility. In the same way I got a boost when I predicted that SFMM was gonna go BIG in 2019 when everyone else thought it was going to be an off year for the park.

Here is my Nostradamus-like prediction I made back on May 13th:

I promise you that SFMM will come back BIG in 2019, though I'm not necessarily talking about a giga.