Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 55 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
as I posted on Reddit, Re: my thoughts.

Honestly, for SFMM to go to all this effort to

A: announce before the rest of the SF chains

B: do an actual press conference rather than just drop a video like the rest of them

Leads me to believe its NOT a family or S&S coaster......

My bet is on an RMC of some sort....

Why go thru all this effort and showbiz for just some meh coaster....

PLUS

SFMM still advertises on TV as the "THRILL CAPITAL OF THE WORLD".. A family coaster goes against that
Again.. I keep going back to all the effort that SFMM is putting into this announcement.. I mean the last time SFMM went to all this effort pre-announcement was when they were saying that colossus was going away, and even then the final announcement was just a video drop.... I don't remember the last time SFMM had a press conference rather than just a video for any of their rides
Also we have to remember that this park is now open YEAR ROUND... they need something to get people thru the gates..... A family coaster won't do that

Last edited:
Or the two manufacturers working together? It's been done before, maybe track/ Launch is S&S while the trains/ design are RMC?

As of now, I'm just going to let the ride speak for itself than to give a prediction that will be most likely false.

However, I do think they are going to go ahead and talk about various changes coming to Cyclone Bay tomorrow for the new project, containing new dining and shopping, a relocation of Slingshot, and the theming changes to Apocalypse.

I have no idea what coaster we'll end up with (though I am keeping my expectations low)... but one thing no one's really said is that perhaps with this entire new "land", there may be a few smaller flat rides being announced into the mix. One can hope, at least.