Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN Hollywood 2020 Construction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently universal will be doing HHN. But I heard it’s going to be more like walk through experiences than actors scaring.... think of it as probably more puppet workers than people in masks

Apparently universal will be doing HHN. But I heard it’s going to be more like walk through experiences than actors scaring.... think of it as probably more puppet workers than people in masks
It's not ideal, but it's fine. I'd prefer that over nothing. It will definitely be a very interesting year and hopefully force them to be more creative. Does make me wonder about the audition announcements if that's true though. I can see it happening because that's almost how they work anyway with "set-scares" and it's a pretty easy solution. Who knows, it might be even better -- and if they can figure out a way so people don't miss scares or get the tail-end which notoriously happens, I'll be very happy. But it does make me wonder how Knotts will work if this is health guidelines and their rules.

My biggest concern is this may turn into a permanent thing. Hollywood is kind of known fir watering everything down to not offend people, so I fear they may keep it this was if it’s not for the better.

My biggest concern is this may turn into a permanent thing. Hollywood is kind of known fir watering everything down to not offend people, so I fear they may keep it this was if it’s not for the better.
I doubt it, despite people complaining about specific things being offensive and wanting them removed, the one thing that reliably gets requested on surveys is that guests want the event scarier pretty much every year. I know that doesn't dictate much in terms of actual change, but even in pretty good years I see casual guests debating whether the event was scary enough, so I don't really see it being a long term thing if thats actually whats happening.

I wouldn't put too much thought into the walk through puppet thing... there's specific character that are being sought out...

From what I can gather from the video, the Waterworld facade looks very reminiscent of FVJ’s Craven Industries. Maybe TCM is indeed the secret IP and the entrance is a meat factory/slaughterhouse. At first the facade for one of the FDTD mazes looked like the Creepshow comic from last year but to me it looks different now. And for all we know they could be cooking something up in soundstage 29. But overall everything seems to be coming along nicely.

From what I can gather from the video, the Waterworld facade looks very reminiscent of FVJ’s Craven Industries. Maybe TCM is indeed the secret IP and the entrance is a meat factory/slaughterhouse. At first the facade for one of the FDTD mazes looked like the Creepshow comic from last year but to me it looks different now. And for all we know they could be cooking something up in soundstage 29. But overall everything seems to be coming along nicely.
I do agree with you that it did look like Creepshow or some type of maze with a book/comic book esc facade but now it looks different. You can't really see it too clearly but from the thumbnail you can see a Window on the facade.
20200613_195328.jpg
(Drew an arrow to show it)

And I do agree with TCM having a Meat Factory/Slaughterhouse type facade.

I am absolutely STOKED that we have at least 4 mazes. I really was expecting the worst in terms of maze count. Still trying to understand the reasoning behind the two mazes back to back though.
If we get a soundstage and two more in the tram area, how many would we be missing? One other one on the backlot (haven't heard any news on that yet) and Universal Plaza (pretty much confirmed it's been nixed, no?) So possibly at least 7 mazes?

I mean, I count 4 in Metro, 1 in Soundstage (I realize some of these haven't started construction yet), 1 in Mummy, 1 in Waterworld... so 7 + Walking Dead. Not bad.

I mean, I count 4 in Metro, 1 in Soundstage (I realize some of these haven't started construction yet), 1 in Mummy, 1 in Waterworld... so 7 + Walking Dead. Not bad.
Has Metro started construction?
If not its always possible we could be going back to 6 mazes like the old days.

I we really sure there's going to be 4 in the Metro? I guess we'll see in a few weeks. For all we know, they could just be ditching the Purge/Krampus/Frankenstein venue to make more queue space for the 747 venue. It would seem odd to cram four mazes back there as I'm sure they will want it to be as spread out as possible.

I we really sure there's going to be 4 in the Metro? I guess we'll see in a few weeks. For all we know, they could just be ditching the Purge/Krampus/Frankenstein venue to make more queue space for the 747 venue. It would seem odd to cram four mazes back there as I'm sure they will want it to be as spread out as possible.

Hypothetically, they could try to use that street they used as overflow in-between the common Metro Sets that's used for HHN, and Courthouse Square, if they need to be worried about the queue space.

Perhaps I am crazy and just dreaming, but there seems to be something black/action going on in front of 747... is it possible that because of lack of filming going on we may be getting 747 and that's why there is no tent in the usual spot?

Perhaps I am crazy and just dreaming, but there seems to be something black/action going on in front of 747... is it possible that because of lack of filming going on we may be getting 747 and that's why there is no tent in the usual spot?
To quote Hawkeye, "Don't give me hope."

Status
Not open for further replies.