What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN Hollywood 2020 Construction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still sticking with my original thought here. The park will re=open. It is ready to go already. Employees are in the park. Just hasn't been given the green light yet. But with everything else open (malls, shopping, etc), it will happen soon.

While it's true they had mobilized for an early July opening and are consequently basically ready, I would not expect the park to reopen until mid-August at the very, very earliest.

LOL isn't that what we've been telling YOU?
It is still July, I guess things don't get super heavy until early August, even if it is still happening.
With the park literally empty, for some reason my mind assumed they'd be able to work WAY faster.
When are construction hours anyway? I know that may be a dumb question, but I feel like every time I see construction at a theme park, there's hardly anyone on the site during the day. I think the only time I've seen loads of people actively around the clock on the site working was for Galaxy's Edge and Carsland.

Is it too much to ask that Universal just tell us if they are thinking about the event or not and having a Survey go up?

Like just weird to see some saying its not going to happen then others say it will

Is it too much to ask that Universal just tell us if they are thinking about the event or not and having a Survey go up?

Like just weird to see some saying its not going to happen then others say it will
I mean at this point, with one maze basically demolished, I doubt if theres even really a point to run the event at all, even if they built off of what they have now, thats like 4 mazes, no zones, and no shows. They'd probably be better off just holding off the event until next year with the same properties, and maybe reopening walking dead during daytime operations on weekends or something as a consolation prize, assuming the park will even be open by any part of halloween season.

An "employee" from a FB group said they were trying to figure out if the mazes can be altered to include social distancing for actors and goers before making an announcement.

I mean at this point, with one maze basically demolished, I doubt if theres even really a point to run the event at all, even if they built off of what they have now, thats like 4 mazes, no zones, and no shows. They'd probably be better off just holding off the event until next year with the same properties, and maybe reopening walking dead during daytime operations on weekends or something as a consolation prize, assuming the park will even be open by any part of halloween season.
Then just say it's not happening....if its that cut and dry but as the poster below said they are still trying...but why not update fans? Say "the team at Universal is trying to figure out if we can make a HHN event that complies with Social distancing"

This also gives them feedback from fans, over just speculation

Then just say it's not happening....if its that cut and dry but as the poster below said they are still trying...but why not update fans? Say "the team at Universal is trying to figure out if we can make a HHN event that complies with Social distancing"

This also gives them feedback from fans, over just speculation
I wish they would, though I think they're worried that saying only hollywood isnt happening will bring in questions from larger media groups about orlando happening, which could catch them some of the flak disney has been getting, or at least thats what I speculate.

Status
Not open for further replies.