Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

#HHNForever - Orlando 2020

Because there’s a friggin pandemic
Yes but that’s why I said everybody has a choice to go or not to. Nobody is forcing anybody to go it’s simply your choice if you think it’s safe or not.
Is it enough time? Seeing that there has been absolutely no official information released as to what/ where/when/how things will be happening, and many of us already have time requested off of work in the next two weeks, it's not a whole lot of time to get things changed (again) after they already said that it was cancelled for the year.
Ok from that point I agree with I’m also looking to change flights around and everything I was just assuming that if they do announce this week that gives probably around a month and a half toward Halloween and a sorta decent amount of time to plan a last min kind of thing.

Why does everybody feel so entitled? Yes we all enjoy hhn a lot but the event is not for us it’s a way to make money. If universal feels they can safely operate a few haunted house as a way to make a little money that’s their choice. Just like it’s your choice to attend or not too. I see all of these out of state guests complaining and while yes it is annoying it’s out of nowhere it still allows people time to book a last min vacation.

It isn’t entitlement. Universal said HHN is canceled. Now, they’re backtracking and using HHN houses this year that we won’t get to see again. They’re betraying fans that were excited to celebrate the 30th anniversary together.

There’s also the concern over COVID outbreaks happening at Universal. As discussed before, illnesses spread easily amongst HHN cast and crew.

Yes but that’s why I said everybody has a choice to go or not to. Nobody is forcing anybody to go it’s simply your choice if you think it’s safe or not.
No, during a deadly, widespread pandemic everyone does not have a choice to go. And you don’t think it’s the highest level of BS to force people into that choice in order to possibly see things like the Icon and anniversary houses for the only time?

Rumor is nothing got struck. Or is getting struck (so far). It’s cheaper to just pay rent for a year than strike and rebuild.
Sorry, I meant it was weird behavior for a cancelled event. Especially since they can just add a shiny new ramp next year and not have this one sit through a year of non-use and weather. Which makes me think they're going to somehow utilize preexisting infrastructure.
It sucks that they're going to run the anniversary houses in a scaled down event and move on to new stuff next year.
We don't know either part of your statement to be true.

they already said that it was cancelled for the year.
It is.

Now, they’re backtracking and using HHN houses this year that we won’t get to see again. They’re betraying fans that were excited to celebrate the 30th anniversary together.
We don't know this to be a fact.

Because there’s a friggin pandemic

At the end of the day, this.

As a traveler, I've already canceled my plans for an October vacation. Personally, I don't care if they use the assets they've already created in some sort of mini event and I don't get to personally see them. It won't be the first or last time I haven't/won't get to experience HHN houses in person, which I can live with. I'll be disappointed if they don't decide to reuse or rework whatever they do show in the next full iteration of the event since I do love the event so missing out on anniversary houses would be a bummer but again, I can live with it.

What well and truly stinks is the "notion" that HHN was originally canceled mostly due to safety precautions surrounding the event. If they do decide to surge forward with an event that throws more caution to the wind with regards to safety of both their employees as well as guests, I would be massively disgusted. America has treated a global pandemic like a joke and pushing an HHN-lite event would be a new low on that front from Universal. I don't care how much anyone wants to spiel about the company 'needing money' or 're-invigorating park visitation'. It's a pandemic, people are dying and will continue to die, that so far exceeds the cold hearted greed of any company.

A daytime add-on that allows guests to walk through an empty house or two with no scareactors and heavy pulsing/pushing through it? Sure. A night time event open to the public that will undoubtedly draw a massive crowd because it'll be "full HHN" to most of the general population? Universal and Comcast will come off as huge hypocrites who have looked at the swelling of crowds on the weekends and thought to themselves 'hey, maybe we'll make a nice chunk of change if we do throw some HHN scraps to them after all?'.

I get it, they're big businesses who only operate to make money. Not denying it. Just a touch of humanity in the face of a global pandemic would be a little nice. I thought we got that with the original cancellation but here comes the backtrack.

No, during a deadly, widespread pandemic everyone does not have a choice to go. And you don’t think it’s the highest level of BS to force people into that choice in order to possibly see things like the Icon and anniversary houses for the only time?
I think we should probably wait and see if this is the only time or a sneak peak of next year if it’s the only time we will see these houses then yes I’ll agree it’s complete BS but I also see from the business side they just want to bring in some locals to make a little side profit and the locals know the icons and Carey Ohio wayyyyyy more then the majority of out of state guests. Personally I would love to only see brides and tooth fairy this year only and save the other 2 for next year but in the end it’s only about money. It sucks but it’s their choice

everyone is taking these rumors as truth. right now we have no official info from universal so there should be no sour taste and no frustration. universal could come out and say hey come see a lights on tour of some of our houses for next year and all of this anger will be for nothing. we should honestly just have a wait and see attitude until it’s officially official.

everyone is taking these rumors as truth. right now we have no official info from universal so there should be no sour taste and no frustration. universal could come out and say hey come see a lights on tour of some of our houses for next year and all of this anger will be for nothing. we should honestly just have a wait and see attitude until it’s officially official.
Then why did they send email's to scare actors to come back for a "secondary solution"? I doubt they want extra performers for the parade xD

It isn’t entitlement. Universal said HHN is canceled. Now, they’re backtracking and using HHN houses this year that we won’t get to see again. They’re betraying fans that were excited to celebrate the 30th anniversary together.

There’s also the concern over COVID outbreaks happening at Universal. As discussed before, illnesses spread easily amongst HHN cast and crew.

Where and when did Universal announce this?

Then why did they send email's to scare actors to come back for a "secondary solution"? I doubt they want extra performers for the parade xD

Did you receive that email? Or did you hear that on Twitter? That’s where I originally saw it, but haven’t seen any screenshots or anything. And it shouldn’t be attached to any NDA since it’s just an email.

this is not confirmed either i have 2 roommates that have performed as a scare actor many prior years that have not received any such email

Why does everybody feel so entitled? Yes we all enjoy hhn a lot but the event is not for us it’s a way to make money. If universal feels they can safely operate a few haunted house as a way to make a little money that’s their choice. Just like it’s your choice to attend or not too. I see all of these out of state guests complaining and while yes it is annoying it’s out of nowhere it still allows people time to book a last min vacation.
From my end, all I said was I was bummed...not that Universal owes me anything. I know they don't, and that their number one job is to stay in business. I'm also, obviously, happy for anyone who is able to still keep working due to any of their decisions. It's also not unreasonable, as a longtime fan and attendee, to be bummed I might not be able to see the Icons house or other things planned this year.