#HHNForever - Orlando 2020 | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

#HHNForever - Orlando 2020

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well. I’ve been trying to keep my excitement in check but this mornings news is welcome in our home. If we get the tribute store with a couple of daytime houses and some atmosphere that would be more than I ever expected this year.

You need to dial it back. You can disagree without resorting to this kinda response.
Sorry not sorry. I’ve been told that not feeling comfortable traveling during a pandemic is “just fomo” by two staff members now and other posters. It’s ridiculous, and it pisses me off. No one here knows what’s going on in other’s private lives, and I certainly don’t share that stuff here. To insinuate that all I care about is going to a theme park and missing out sucks, especially from a site I love to visit.

Sorry not sorry. I’ve been told that not feeling comfortable traveling during a pandemic is “just fomo” by two staff members now and other posters. It’s ridiculous, and it pisses me off. No one here knows what’s going on in other’s private lives, and I certainly don’t share that stuff here. To insinuate that all I care about is going to a theme park and missing out sucks, especially from a site I love to visit.
You can care about the theme park side of it, but there’s no need to be a insensitive push over about things

Here’s the deal:

There are legitimate safety questions to be raised on these rumors. It should be said that we don’t even know what the event entails so it’s hard to really know.

BUT we’re not even talking about the safety of the event. We’re talking about what will be featured this year that impacts “my visit” next year. Allison will expand on her thoughts shortly, as I don’t want to speak for her - but that’s where the staff’s mind is currently at.

As of now, Icon and Anniversary houses are not on the docket to be used during this daytime offering.
Wow that sucks. That doesn’t leave many houses for the event. Don’t know if they can charge that much for two houses. I really hope that they will have 4 houses. I am even happy about it only beeing a normal walkthrough without scare actors but not including the anniversary house and Icon house just seems stupid

Wow that sucks. That doesn’t leave many houses for the event. Don’t know if they can charge that much for two houses. I really hope that they will have 4 houses. I am even happy about it only beeing a normal walkthrough without scare actors but not including the anniversary house and Icon house just seems stupid
Allegedly the “event” is just going to be 2 houses during the day, minimally staffed. It won’t be a separate event

BUT we’re not even talking about the safety of the event. We’re talking about what will be featured this year that impacts “my visit” next year. Allison will expand on her thoughts shortly, as I don’t want to speak for her - but that’s where the staff’s mind is currently at.

I’ll say my final peace now and be done with it:

The idea that people can’t be upset that they could potentially miss out on big anniversary houses because said houses were run during a pandemic is ridiculous. This is a passionate fanbase, and the staff knows that. To insinuate people aren’t allowed to be bummed by that *possibility* and yelling at people for being frustrated during a SUPREMELY frustrating year sucks.

Last edited:
Here’s the deal:

There are legitimate safety questions to be raised on these rumors. It should be said that we don’t even know what the event entails so it’s hard to really know.

BUT we’re not even talking about the safety of the event. We’re talking about what will be featured this year that impacts “my visit” next year. Allison will expand on her thoughts shortly, as I don’t want to speak for her - but that’s where is the staff’s mind is currently at.
It's as if some people don't understand that someone threw the map to the future in the fireplace sometime around Feb. and EVERYBODY is making it up as we go now.

Getting pissed off that plans are fluid right now is futile. Being sad that all our favorite entertainment is f'ed up right now is normal. Whether it's pre-gaming with friends for football or HHN, we miss it and want it back. Is there a sense of entitlement in a fan base? Yes, and deservedly so. Is a modicum of understanding in order during these trying times? Absolutely.

Either 2 houses or 4 houses it seems brides is more then likely one of the ones to be open and that was my most anticipated house of the year so either way I’m ok with this

Reactions: HHNSK
For those that are concerned with safety, here's my 2 cents.

IF you're going to a theme park during a pandemic, you are taking risks of catching the virus. You're also taking a risk if you get takeout, go to the grocery store, etc.

I'm not an epidemiologist, but in my opinion, if you're already going TO the theme park and you're riding the rides, dining and watching shows, walking through a haunted attraction is no different than walking through an indoor queue nor the Tribute Store. In fact, it may SAFER than the Tribute Store, because people aren't lingering and there will be more space.

Allegedly the “event” is just going to be 2 houses during the day, minimally staffed. It won’t be a separate event
But it is likely upcharge if I understood it correctly and I don’t know if they can charge more then like 50$ for it which would already be considered expensive for many people just for an add on

Reactions: SeventyOne
It's as if some people don't understand that someone threw the map to the future in the fireplace sometime around Feb. and EVERYBODY is making it up as we go now.

Getting pissed off that plans are fluid right now is futile. Being sad that all our favorite entertainment is f'ed up right now is normal. Whether it's pre-gaming with friends for college football or HHN, we miss it and want it back. Is there a sense of entitlement in a fan base? Yes, and deservedly so. Is a modicum of understanding in order during these trying times? Absolutely.
It can be both at once :shrug:

Sure, I don't want to miss the event, but I also don't want the event to get a bunch of people sick. Even if they tossed out a ton of cool houses that might've been at this year's event I think that cancelling it was 100% the right call. This seems like a really risky walkback and like Universal is using the limited state/federal guidance as a crutch to offload the responsibility onto TM's and guests instead of owning up to the fact that they have the ability to limit attendance and enforce guidelines much more strictly than they have been.
And it isn't unreasonable for a forum dedicated to fan speculation and discussion to focus on wanting the best individual experience. I'm a fan of glibness, but the "FOMO" comment struck me more as intentionally insulting rather than glib lightheartedness. Rudeness isn't a shock on the interwebs, but is always disappointing to see, especially if it comes from a moderator - whose function is theoretically to maintain the civility of the boards.

We all know that you, and others, are very upset over this and I do understand that. I’m not originally from Florida, so I really do get being bummed about missing something. I’m missing something right now that I am absolutely devastated over, and I will never get a chance to get that back. The difference between the two is mourning a beloved family member (something that I had no intent of bringing up in this thread or anywhere publicly on this site for that matter) over mourning a Halloween haunt.

I completely understand being upset over it, you have every right to feel sad about missing it, but my comment was not a complaint in regards to anyone’s genuine worries of the health & safety issues, because I do realize we’re all worried about that (I am too). My comment was in regards to the comments that are reading, at least to me, like ‘it better not be HHN...since I can’t go’ or ‘they better not reuse these houses now...cause if I come down I don’t wanna see the same thing again next year’ or ‘thank God it’s not the Icon or Anniversary houses...cause I’m entitled to see it’.

You, myself, all of us...are entitled to absolutely none of it. Universal has their reasons for possibly doing this, but at the end of the day, I’m really sorry to see it happen, but unfortunately some people will be left out of this due to travel restrictions and that really sucks. But does telling me to “GTFO” & “bite me” because my comment struck a nerve, really make the situation better? Can you see why this is all reading as entitled? Or why you have had multiple people tell you to calm down? And even the “sorry not sorry” thing after Brian had to tell you not to reply like that, do you see how you’re coming off right now?

This entire thread has jumped to conclusions all over rumors of what is and is not happening in regards to the Halloween season at Universal. So, until we have some official confirmation of the details from Universal, let’s all (myself included) check our emotions, remember HHN & any subsequent offerings is a privilege not a right, and try to keep an open, positive, healthy mindset in regards to all of it.