#HHNForever - Orlando 2020 | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

#HHNForever - Orlando 2020

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I can see an upcharge. If there's only two houses during the day, the demand (especially on Saturdays) will be ROTR like if regular admission gets you into a house. No upcharge doesn't sound workable in relation to house capacities.

Reactions: SeventyOne
And it isn't unreasonable for a forum dedicated to fan speculation and discussion to focus on wanting the best individual experience. I'm a fan of glibness, but the "FOMO" comment struck me more as intentionally insulting rather than glib lightheartedness. Rudeness isn't a shock on the interwebs, but is always disappointing to see, especially if it comes from a moderator - whose function is theoretically to maintain the civility of the boards.
I feel that the "fomo" comment was appropriate the moment "my trip" was the issue. No one likes having their nerve struck, but that doesn't make it an insult.

A lot of local haunts are significantly longer then a 4-5 min walk through. 50 for 2 houses is almost the price of a normal ticket for 10 houses
But I honestly can see them charging 50$ for it and there would be enough demand from people to buy it. For many local hhn fans 50$ isn’t that much. Some are spending more on merch during one visit to the tribute store. The question is if it is a one time walkthrough or if you can queue up again

But I honestly can see them charging 50$ for it and there would be enough demand from people to buy it. For many local hhn fans 50$ isn’t that much. Some are spending more on merch during one visit to the tribute store. The question is if it is a one time walkthrough or if you can queue up again

For that kind of money, I would hope that you can queue up again. This is going to be very interesting how and when this thing gets announced.

Reactions: Living Dead Dude
Yeah, but most locals don’t know that. When the only haunts you’ve ever been through are HHN (most people in Orlando), you think all haunts are 3 minutes.
That’s fair but I think a cost that steep would draw people away especially if they say it’s a sneak peak of next years event. Plus I doubt people would come back multiple times over the and pay that price

Speculation: If I'm marketing and looking to get people in the door I'd offer this as a $30 add-on for one house and a drink or slightly more for two and a drink. Always offer a lower-priced, undesirable offering as a way to push people to a higher price point. "I don't want to spend too much. Well we can get one for $30 or two for (30*2)-x, so lets get that as it's a better deal". You'd book it like a virtual line or movie online prior to your visit (or in the park for slightly more based on availablity).

Also fold it around some unique food offerings available in existing restaurants that were supposed to be in the food tents at HHN this year.

That’s fair but I think a cost that steep would draw people away especially if they say it’s a sneak peak of next years event. Plus I doubt people would come back multiple times over the and pay that price

I do not believe they'll advertise it as a sneak peek nor do they want repeat visits. This is something totally different than HHN.

I don’t think they present it in any framing associated with next year. If they do, then there is no incentive for people to come this year. I think it’s simply, “We’re opening some houses as an up-charge celebration of the season.”

Also, considering they still have to pulse and limit capacity, preventing repeats would be a feature, not a bug.

EDIT - Never mind the, “an adult needs to be in every party” rumor...

Speculation: If I'm marketing and looking to get people in the door I'd offer this as a $30 add-on for one house and a drink or slightly more for two and a drink. Always offer a lower-priced, undesirable offering as a way to push people to a higher price point. "I don't want to spend too much. Well we can get one for $30 or two for (30*2)-x, so lets get that as it's a better deal". You'd book it like a virtual line or movie online prior to your visit (or in the park for slightly more based on availablity).

Also fold it around some unique food offerings available in existing restaurants that were supposed to be in the food tents at HHN this year.

I do not believe they'll advertise it as a sneak peek nor do they want repeat visits. This is something totally different than HHN.
Repeat visits just means more money I don’t see why they wouldn’t want that. However I like the idea of a bundle for 2 houses plus maybe a pizza fries or a treat from the tribute store

Reactions: londonwerecat
That’s what I meant which is why I thought 50 was a bit pricey and would be less likely for repeat purchases then something that’s like 15 for one house or 25 for both

First, we don't know the pricing, it could be $5 or $50. Second, does Universal want or know they can get repeat visits? Is it better to get more one time vists at a higher price or more repeats at a lower? I don't have the answers but they probably do.

It’s important to think about capacity and pulsing. This will not be a congo line experience. And considering the rumored virtual queue aspect of the entire event, I think these daytime houses will be entirely reservation based. That means repeat walkthroughs, even if they are allowed on a single admission, aren’t going to be as simple as getting back in line.

I think I may have been slightly misunderstood when I said repeats I meant more of I go at the beginning of October and have a great time and I want to go back toward Halloween time to do it again not so much of repeats the same day

It’s important to think about capacity and pulsing. This will not be a congo line experience. And considering the rumored virtual queue aspect of the entire event, I think these daytime houses will be entirely reservation based. That means repeat walkthroughs, even if they are allowed on a single admission, aren’t going to be as simple as getting back in line.

It'll be like the Repository, book it for a time then return at that time. They'll scan your QR code for admission. Then you'll wait in a socially distanced area to be called up for the experience.

I think I may have been slightly misunderstood when I said repeats I meant more of I go at the beginning of October and have a great time and I want to go back toward Halloween time to do it again not so much of repeats the same day

Then book two days. Think of it like a movie theater.

I live in here in Florida. I’m def going to be there. This is some good news for me. I thought what a bummer no HHN this year but this gives me a little taste at least. Hoping for more than just two houses but let’s see. It would be cool for some decoration and lighting around the park too.

and...with limited capacity, I would expect only X number of upcharge tickets per day will be sold. Saturdays will be a scramble for sure. Limits on tickets available has a way of spurring demand also.

Limited yes but if houses are open 9-5 or so it seems like they would be able to sell plenty of tickets as long as they don’t let reruns happen