Halloween at Universal Orlando 2020 | Page 54 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween at Universal Orlando 2020

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I’ll be honest this could just be me upset I won’t see beetlejuice however. This is a giant middle finger to anybody that’s not local. This is almost 1/3 of a event completely gone that the majority of people never got to experience. I understood opening up 2 houses as a taste of what’s to come next year but using possibly one of the biggest Halloween movies ever just for a week is absolutely mind boggling to me. The more I think about it it’s absolutely me being jealous others will get a chance but it would of been nice to give everybody a opportunity.

Last edited by a moderator:
So in this case, would they close Tooth and hire new actors? Or keep them and stick them in Beetlejuice?
I'm confused how they are gonna open a new house.
I'm gonna assume they go and decide to fire Tooths actors and hire new ones for Beetle?
And for two weeks remember.
How is this worth it?

They will (potentially) be bringing in a lot of actors that are not in Tooth/Brides, and that's regardless of what happens to the existing two houses or casts. Most who got the email were TM's who were cast in early July but haven't been used at all due to the cancellation.

:shrug:

I've personally come to terms with things just being messed up this year. I'll be happy if they put out the videos like they have been so I can experience them in whatever way I can. If they don't bring back the houses, they don't bring back the houses. Even if we missed out on the whole event as planned and they bring no houses back next year, if bringing locals to the houses keeps people in jobs and keeps HHN possible next year then I'm personally fine with it, not that my opinion matters on what a multi-billion dollar corporation does.

Last edited by a moderator:
This could be uni way of getting people to return and show up these last 2 weeks last stretch of trying to earn a profit. Crowds would be crazy
I mean, they've already been hitting capacity every weekend. So they can't really bring in more people.

It's more likely, as @Legacy had mentioned, it's a move to try and spread those people around, if they open up another one.

Reactions: ReelJustice
I'd certainly hope all three houses come back next year, when they can be at their best and more people can see them. I can't see it being more costly to replace props/wood/decor for some of these houses rather than full striking and building something new. If given a construction budget that would work for half a normal event, that should still be enough for three renovations and two brand new houses right? Brings us to the 12 count that was heard on an earlier page. It's not even like these houses would be repeats to the vast majority of people, it'd be 9 brand new and 3 semi-new houses for non-locals.

This is getting too 2021 spec-y though, so I'll refrain from any further thought on it.

A thought I have is whether this 3rd house will end up being a part of, or existing in spite of Universal's normal November Holiday celebrations.

Looking forward to hearing something more concrete one way or another. There’s no guarantee that we are getting a 3rd house yet and if we do, there’s no guarantee that it won’t come back next year. But regardless, I’m glad I’ll be flying down one week from right now to see at least the two current houses.

I mean, they've already been hitting capacity every weekend. So they can't really bring in more people.

It's more likely, as @Legacy had mentioned, it's a move to try and spread those people around, if they open up another one.
They've been hitting self-imposed capacity, yes. For all we know, there may be operation changes about to occur in some way and they may be about to up that capacity. I wouldn't be surprised if we see F&F reopen for a few weeks to take the heat off of some of the other attractions, and also just open up more capacity for the park.

Remember, Universal could fill up to 100% capacity if they wanted per current Florida law, as COVID restrictions are gone.

They've been hitting self-imposed capacity, yes. For all we know, there may be operation changes about to occur in some way and they may be about to up that capacity. I wouldn't be surprised if we see F&F reopen for a few weeks to take the heat off of some of the other attractions, and also just open up more capacity for the park.

Remember, Universal could fill up to 100% capacity if they wanted per current Florida law, as COVID restrictions are gone.
Yes I'm aware. I think they'd be foolish to do so, but I'm aware.

Yes I'm aware. I think they'd be foolish to do so, but I'm aware.
I put nothing past anyone or any company at this point. Universal in particular has seemed to show that they don't care about bad twitter press or having crowded parks, so I simply will not be surprised if they stuff their parks even more than they've already been. Especially since they now know USH ain't opening until sometime around mid-2021.