Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

For me, it's not really about if they could make having two castles or two "castle towns" right next to each other work, they could if they really really wanted to. It's more I'd likely want close to any of the other locales in Zelda replicated if they were to make a zelda land than just "Hyrule Castle" . Zora's Domain, Death Mountain, Lost Woods, whatever else, I'd much rather see an attempt be made, especially when more than likely botw would be the source material for anything.

I know this is the most unlikely scenario but I love the idea of a larger Zelda land with some subsections. It's not popular enough to warrant it but, like Avatar the Last Airbender, the world building relies on a vast concept with multiple cultures and places. Potter works because it's locations are icons unto themselves. Zelda is close with Hyrule castle but what really made BOTW stand out is that vast world. The opening shot of the whole expanse of Hurule in front of you is what sets the whole thing up.
If I could design this, I would want to incorporate the major places featuring the diverse lifeforms that make up the Zelda world, but you can't really accomplish something that vast within the limitations of a themed land. So it's really difficult for me to envision a land that captures what, at least for me, was so breathtaking and consuming. I loved the story but exploring each city - Goron City by Death Mountain, Zora's Domain (which, while in game is mountainous, could easily be placed by the sea), Rito Village rising in the air, and Gerudo Village in the desert, that was what really made the game feel exciting and fun for hours on end.
Come to think of it - if castle town consisted of those subsections, little areas that were ubiquitous with the corresponding villages, it could work...
Kind of like real cities - in New York you have Little Italy, China Town, etc...
I'm rambling - I guess my main point here is this: if you go with a franchise whose latest entry (and most successful game to date) revolved around a vast, open, explorable world, you either need to do a ride that explores that world (and maybe keep it to that singular attraction) or somehow it has to be reflected in the land if you want to really captivate.
Of course at the end of the day merch sales are king. Whatever they decide to do I hope they can create something that serves the franchise well - there are so many fun adventures within that world.

Last edited:
Ferrari World in Dubai and Genting SkyWorld in Malaysia.
Good to know, thanks!!!

It should be noted that Mission: Ferrari in Ferrari World was originally reported to open in 2017, and it's still yet to open. The last recent word is it's expected to open sometime this year, but that's it. An with what's rumored to be special elements in the ride, I'm not sure why the delay is taking this long as the elements are not new to coasters. (Perhaps one particular element if it is in this one, but the rest have been done elsewhere.)

For me, it's not really about if they could make having two castles or two "castle towns" right next to each other work, they could if they really really wanted to. It's more I'd likely want close to any of the other locales in Zelda replicated if they were to make a zelda land than just "Hyrule Castle" . Zora's Domain, Death Mountain, Lost Woods, whatever else, I'd much rather see an attempt be made, especially when more than likely botw would be the source material for anything.

Replace LC with Zora's domain as a response to Pandora, you cowards. I want giant blue people at every park that I can visit, damnit

The funny thing is that they could stick with the current theme and just build an awesome ride surrounding the conflict between the gods of Olympus or something similar. LC, to me, always felt like an awesome setting but with nothing backing it up. If we look at MSHI, they have two main rides and two supplemental rides. Toon Lagoon has two main water rides. JP initially just had JPRA and PF (as I recall). Dueling Dragons was the main ride in LC with Poseidon's Fury acting as a supporting attraction plus the Sinbad show. However, in today's world, LC is half its size with Potter having taken over, DD gone, and Sinbad closed. This is why adding a major ride in that area would fill out LC again, although I would probably argue that two rides would be better. As interesting as Poseidon's Fury is, a new ride in its place would be great although I would actually want the ride to start in a similar way with the opening of the portal and the water tunnel effect.

With all of this being said, changing to Zelda would be great as long as they still built one main ride and one supplemental ride.

As much as I want Zelda to be included to a Universal park, I worry there wouldn't be enough room in LC to do justice.
Pokemon however..

Out of the two, Zelda is going to get the smaller land, should it happen. Just not anywhere near as popular as Pokemon.

The funny thing is that they could stick with the current theme and just build an awesome ride surrounding the conflict between the gods of Olympus or something similar. LC, to me, always felt like an awesome setting but with nothing backing it up. If we look at MSHI, they have two main rides and two supplemental rides. Toon Lagoon has two main water rides. JP initially just had JPRA and PF (as I recall). Dueling Dragons was the main ride in LC with Poseidon's Fury acting as a supporting attraction plus the Sinbad show. However, in today's world, LC is half its size with Potter having taken over, DD gone, and Sinbad closed. This is why adding a major ride in that area would fill out LC again, although I would probably argue that two rides would be better. As interesting as Poseidon's Fury is, a new ride in its place would be great although I would actually want the ride to start in a similar way with the opening of the portal and the water tunnel effect.

With all of this being said, changing to Zelda would be great as long as they still built one main ride and one supplemental ride.
I'm not convinced there's room for two rides, especially if they go with the ride system @Alicia highlighter, which looks like it would need a big building. My guess would be a Zelda-fied LC would, line up wise, look a lot like the current LC. One big attraction, a show, some dining/shopping, and I'd guess a play area.

Out of the two, Zelda is going to get the smaller land, should it happen. Just not anywhere near as popular as Pokemon.

I'm not convinced there's room for two rides, especially if they go with the ride system @Alicia highlighter, which looks like it would need a big building. My guess would be a Zelda-fied LC would, line up wise, look a lot like the current LC. One big attraction, a show, some dining/shopping, and I'd guess a play area.

Which would be an excellent addition and would be enough to anchor the area. The size of the available area would definitely dictate only one ride. I was just suggesting that two rides would really flesh out the LC area, assuming that they had the room.

Honeslty only figured the ride could fit, if that ride AND a show can fit that’s dope.

Blue Sky scenario would be to use Poseidon's as a pre-show ala Rise, and then connect a ride building where Sinbad is.

Looking at this video of the Islands of Adventure Preview Center in 1997, the way Merlin described the area sounded so exciting and fun, like it's out of this very world. Almost 22 years later after the area opened, it doesn't seemed exciting as the Sinbad show is so cringy and the Dueling Dragons was a non-themed roller coaster. The only good themed attraction is Poseidon's Adventure, that's really good and exhilarating, but even so, it's a themed show and not a themed ride like the Mummy one at USF, and doesn't have a lot of fanbase. A real shame the LC doesn't have the potential over the years, as other popular IPs gets in the area's way. Just hopefully the Zelda area will make their way into replacing it if the Epic Universe delay will continue stand on the way of making SNW there.

"Non-themed"
aaadeqa.jpeg
Enchanted-Oak-Tavern-and-Dueling-Dragons-at-Islands-of-Adventures-Merlinwood.jpg
ddcueb.jpgDSC05055.jpgduelingdragonsphotos7-copy.jpg
91190445bc4e2363729e4209cb9d214a.jpg
(Yes I'm late to this, whatever. Not every coaster should be a family coaster for god's sake--though to be fair Hagrid's is the best replacement attraction Universal has come up with so far. Nothing will ever top Py and Blizz in their glory days for me though.)

Anybody know why they changed the music in the lost city section of lost continent? They are playing like 3-4 different songs that don’t really fit with the land. This was the original music.

I’ve always loved how IOA always has kept the same music pretty much since opening. Anybody know if they have plans to go back to the old music?

Anybody know why they changed the music in the lost city section of lost continent? They are playing like 3-4 different songs that don’t really fit with the land. This was the original music.

I’ve always loved how IOA always has kept the same music pretty much since opening. Anybody know if they have plans to go back to the old music?

What I've gathered is that Universal's been using some of the "dead" areas of Lost Continent for meet-and-greet type things, which are being accompanied by pop music. I'm hoping that those get nixed if/when Poseidon's Fury opens up again.

But yeah, it's a great loop. Very evocative and sets a mysterious mood.

Last edited: