Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So with the news of blue man group is there a chance the Billie replacement could be put in the soundstage rather then shrek?

Considering Blue Man Group is blue and Shrek is green I don't think the news will have an impact on one or another unless a colorstage is involved. Unless another music artist is involved, then there might be talk of a soundstage

I hate that Universal has moved on from younger 20 year olds like myself
Was your name in my post? When my post is about you, you'll know about it.

Edit to add, to avoid accusations of snark, my comment was aimed at a large chunk of the fandom who don't (or don't want to) recognize that the event isn't for them or about them anymore. See also old wrestling fans and okd Star Wars fans.

Last edited:
I will chime in, when I first start going to HHN in 2004 I was 23. Back then it was a different beast as in it relied on original content over mainstream, however Bill & Ted was different. It was a mainstream mash-up which I totally got, back then. I was their target audience for the show. Fast forward to the last few B&T shows. I was totally lost as I had no idea what the references were and to whom lol. I then realized that I was out of touch with the show and I was definitely not the target audience they think about when writing it. How does that correlate to the event? The last few years I have realized Rev's point. OVERALL the event is not about me anymore. It is about the most impactful sector of the population, late teens/early adults. I never heard of a stranger things until HHN but the fanbase, which is between 18-24 year olds, were strong enough to make the show into the powerhouse it has become. Same with that Billy chick. Never heard of her or her music. However, if it takes people like Billy and shows like stranger things to bring in the cash and make the event bigger and better than I am all for it! I mean we old crows still get sweet houses out of the deal! I mean we have gotten ghostbusters, the shining, Killer Klowns and sorta kinda beetlejuice! So, in conclusion, I am ok with not being the target audience of HHN but I personally feel the event still is for me, at 39 as I love all things horror and the event overall.

The HHN demographic is a lot wider than you realize. We just had several years of films from the 80s, who no one under the age of 25 would know about (unless they are Horror fans, which already either attend or plan on attending the event).
We're not talking about the overall demo, but which portion of the demo the event and its advertising are aimed at.

Edit to add: the demo for nearly any popular event/franchise is 1-101 - there are Star Wars fans of every age, and wrestling fabs of every age, but each product is, or should be, targeted specifically at the group that will bring in the most money FOR THE LONGEST TIME. Since the 80s, the WWF-E has consistently targeted the roughly 13-25 male demo. Fans outside that demo are great, their money spends, but they're not the top target. The forty-year-old guy with the thinning hair who remembers Robosaurus vs. the Ghostbusters and won't shut up about Bloody Mary is. Not. The. Target. And I'm talking about me there. They like my money, but they also know they're gonna get it regardless. I'm not where they're aiming their bring um in dollars.

Last edited:
God I really hope this doesn't fall down the hole of the 2020 spec thread did.

I would be interested to see if Blue Man Group is utilized as an extra house or even a possible show. An indoor HHN show would be a nice change of pace.
I don't know that they'd pivot to develop an indoor show when they're not even sure if they'll do plexiglass/masks yet.

Ignoring who actually owns the space/connections to the park I'd prefer they move the horror make-up show here and rework it to be much more relevant (maybe including an expanded walkthrough HHN/Universal horror museum), then use the other spot for a different show.

I don't know that they'd pivot to develop an indoor show when they're not even sure if they'll do plexiglass/masks yet.

Ignoring who actually owns the space/connections to the park I'd prefer they move the horror make-up show here and rework it to be much more relevant (maybe including an expanded walkthrough HHN/Universal horror museum), then use the other spot for a different show.
As much as I have *nostalgia* for HMS, I would love to see the show expanded in a bigger space with a bunch of upgrades and stuff.

So some of you legit think they would do something with BMG within the next year or two, and that something would tie into horror/HHN??
Not really I just thought since there was a empty soundstage they might be able to use it but I don't see it happening unless they pull a big house that simply wouldn't fit in shrek

Yeah I should have clarified not for this year, but for the future lol.

But yes a larger Horror Makeup Show would be freaking fantastic. (although I would be sad to no longer sit in that small, cramped theater)

Doesn't that free up one of the last remaining reasons they're keeping Shrek around, or is that just wishful thinking on my part?
If Creative says “You don’t get this space anymore,” A&D doesn’t get the space. They did it with Transformers. It’s the only reason Bill and Ted got a farewell show (Mike fought like hell when they were just going to demo the Fear Factor stage over the summer).

If Creative said “You’re losing Shrek,” HHN would adjust.

Status
Not open for further replies.