Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be surprised if Universal opens Epic Universe next year. Sure it will only have a part of the hub with shops/restaurants and Super Nintendo World but I can see them do that. So the resort will have something new open.

I would be VERY surprised and think they might have revolutionized construction if something that large will open in a year.

no, just no. There’s barely anything done. And, it’s behind. It won’t open until 2025.
Well it definitely won’t happen with that kind of attitude...

Anyways, on the Velocicoaster front, if there was onboard audio, do we think it will be the same speaker setup as Hulk?

Personally, I can barely hear the music on that coaster, so I am hoping they do something better (if at all)

Well it definitely won’t happen with that kind of attitude...

Anyways, on the Velocicoaster front, if there was onboard audio, do we think it will be the same speaker setup as Hulk?

Personally, I can barely hear the music on that coaster, so I am hoping they do something better (if at all)

I don’t think it has onboard audio. I think those lights require a lot of real estate within the seats

I’m hoping that the offride sound is turned down a bit or it’s just louder than we’re able to hear

I would be VERY surprised and think they might have revolutionized construction if something that large will open in a year.
They already build this 1,5 times and presumably a lot of decoration and stuff is already done. If it would open December 2022 they have 20 months (Transformer was 11 months in the middle of a functioning theme park). It would be a close shave but I can see them do it.

They already build this 1,5 times and presumably a lot of decoration and stuff is already done. If it would open December 2022 they have 20 months (Transformer was 11 months in the middle of a functioning theme park). It would be a close shave but I can see them do it.
You're on the wrong thread.

It's more than just park construction. You gotta worry about roads and infrastructure too.

It's more than just park construction. You gotta worry about roads and infrastructure too.
BTTF.gif

Do it Universal!
I don’t think it has onboard audio. I think those lights require a lot of real estate within the seats

I’m hoping that the offride sound is turned down a bit or it’s just louder than we’re able to hear
I am not sure what you mean about the off ride audio. Can you explain?

It’s very literal, audio that is produced off the ride vehicle (speakers in bushes for example). So basically Hagrid has “on ride” audio but most other rides have “off ride”
That I know.

Sorry, I should have been more specific

What I meant was the line:
These sound like two very contradictory ideas (I hope it’s quieter or louder) so I was trying to figure out what was meant.

Last edited:
Land clearing to opening of the Studios was about 4 years. Animal Kingdom (an underdeveloped park at opening) was over 3 years. Building a park from scratch, requiring full infrastructure along with it, cannot be feasibly accomplished in less than two years. They would have to hire every construction firm in the state and have them working 24-hours in order to accomplish that (let alone hire enough workers). And they would have to start yesterday.

The EARLIEST conceivable opening at this point is ‘24. 2025 is far more likely TBH.

Y’know, everyone gets mad that Disney takes their time, but Universal should take a cue from them and NOT repeat the massive cluster**** that was Volcano Bay.

Rushing projects is NEVER a good idea, especially for the working conditions of contractors. Sure, you get the attractions faster, but the quality suffers and there’s less chance for finessing the details, and much more stress for the workers who are actually building. The safety concerns that arose at Volcano Bay sent ripples throughout the scenic & fabrication communities in the area.

Anyways, back to Velocicoaster! I’ve been told the queue is actually super close to completion. I’d wager the parks are waiting for Spring Break to end before they begin softs. But we’re on the precipice, y’all.

Looks like there's a couple of inspections scheduled for today that should result in the queue/station getting its Temporary Certificate of Occupancy for guest use:

final.png

GuestTCO.png

So employee previews could potentially be VERY soon.

Just wanted to provide a quick update on these inspections. Unfortunately, only one of them was partially completed on 3/30 and the rest were cancelled because (and I'm sorry if this is too technical) the equipment that's used for the building's radio signals and coverage (BDA/DAS) was not located in a room with a 2-hour rated wall:

cancelled.jpg

cancelled2.jpg

The good news is this issue seems to have been corrected because almost every open permit for this project (8 of them) has its final inspection scheduled for tomorrow morning at 6a.

final-007.jpg

final-002.jpg

final-004.jpg

So uhhh, maybe that lagoon waterfront area will be opening up soonish?

Last edited:
Just wanted to provide a quick update on these inspections. Unfortunately, only one of them was partially completed on 3/30 and the rest were cancelled because (and I'm sorry if this is too technical) the equipment that's used for the building's radio signals and coverage (BDA/DAS) was not located in a room with a 2-hour rated wall:

cancelled.jpg

cancelled2.jpg

The good news is this issue seems to have been corrected because almost every open permit for this project (8 of them) has its final inspection scheduled for tomorrow morning at 6a.

final-007.jpg

final-002.jpg

final-004.jpg

So uhhh, maybe that lagoon waterfront area will be opening up soonish?

I LOVE these technical details. TWO HOUR RATED WALL OMG.

Status
Not open for further replies.