Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 115 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I say they cut the temp checks soon then move to reduce the cleaning. Social distancing will probably last till higher vaccination rates and masks will probably stay though the summer and into fall.

This feels right to me. Temperature checks go first (they've already been ditched at some high traffic tourist sites throughout the country), then probably the cleaning cycles/hand sanitizer requirements. After that, hopefully the plexiglass additions leave?

Social distancing I could see vanishing by mid-summer.

This feels right to me. Temperature checks go first (they've already been ditched at some high traffic tourist sites throughout the country), then probably the cleaning cycles/hand sanitizer requirements. After that, hopefully the plexiglass additions leave?

Social distancing I could see vanishing by mid-summer.
I hope it does become a gradual thing like this. I think June/July with masks and no more distancing markers and plexiglass would be a great step forward. And then possibly progress to no forced masks in the Fall sometime. I think it’s possible and doable, but we’ll see how it goes. I think a lot of it rides on how this month goes personally. If we get a true 4th surge, then all bets are off and we could be with the same restrictions for quite a while in the parks.

I'm pretty sure mask requirements and social distancing will be the last to go tbh. They're relatively easy to implement (however getting people to follow them is a struggle) and it improves safety immensely. I see social distancing going from required to encouraged and masks still being worn at all times by the time the event rolls around. Temp checks and plexi will probably be gone but I wouldn't mind if either remained. I want Universal to keep HHN as safe as possible for everyone involved, and even though a majority of the population would be vaccinated by then...idk if they want to risk having an outbreak there among the anti-vaxxers. It's still bad press, especially if the pandemic had started to "calm down" by September like we're predicting. Obviously, I hope that by the time HHN rolls around we're in a position where we are safe enough to not have many noticeable changes due to COVID, but with how unpredictable the virus is, I wouldn't get my hopes up. At most, I'd stay cautiously optimistic.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThemeParks4Life
I believe Orlando mayor also stated recently that mid June the mask mandate will be removed if vaccination rates are there

Technically Orange County Mayor (Jerry Demings not Buddy Dyer), but that's actually more relevant to UOR specifically. Florida is weird, has a lot of unincorporated county land. He set 50% as the goal--currently sitting around 25%.

Technically Orange County Mayor (Jerry Demings not Buddy Dyer), but that's actually more relevant to UOR specifically. Florida is weird, has a lot of unincorporated county land. He set 50% as the goal--currently sitting around 25%.

Got it, thanks for the correction

Just speculating here, but I could see Universal requiring proof of vaccination to attend HHN. They could sell it as a way to make HHN safe for all and prevent non-vaccinated guest from suing Universal for lessoning restrictions if they caught Covid. This could only happen if vaccinations are available for all. By September I would think even foreigners who can afford a trip to HHN would also be able to obtain a vaccination. We are already starting to see other businesses(airlines, hotels) considering to require vaccinations. Frankly, I'm surprised it hasn't been brought up here before.

Just speculating here, but I could see Universal requiring proof of vaccination to attend HHN. They could sell it as a way to make HHN safe for all and prevent non-vaccinated guest from suing Universal for lessoning restrictions if they caught Covid. This could only happen if vaccinations are available for all. By September I would think even foreigners who can afford a trip to HHN would also be able to obtain a vaccination. We are already starting to see other businesses(airlines, hotels) considering to require vaccinations. Frankly, I'm surprised it hasn't been brought up here before.

Unless it’s federally mandated there is 0% chance Universal is checking Vac cards.

DeSantis made it illegal for businesses in Florida to refuse service based on vaccination status unfortunately.

I concur with the below.There is 0% chance vaccination proof is happening. The backlash they would get would far outweigh the upside of doing this. Even the White House is leaning against a vaccination passport now. What I can see universal doing is if you provide proof of vaccine, you get a wristband, similar to the hotel temperature checks, to where you can go mask less. It’s a stretch, but possible.
DeSantis made it illegal for businesses in Florida to refuse service based on vaccination status unfortunately.

Doubt it makes it through the scanner.
water balloons?
Future talk, I wonder if they'll still continue to sell them

I really liked the HHN ones they rolled out last year

It may be a thing that people want to buy for a few years :shrug:

Masks are pretty permanent for me mlvong forward, so I hope so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.