Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

A few questions:
1. What is the rumored new location? Mummy, the tram, somewhere else?

2. What was the rumored exclusive land that would have used this plot if DA didn’t come?

If Diagon is indeed back on the table, my guess would be the original spot of SNW for Universal Studios Hollywood (Mummy, Soundstages 33-37/41-43 and the rehearsal hall).

If this is the 2022 addition; then expect movement to begin at a fast pace. A good guess might be shortly after Labor Day.

...Part of me wonders, if this will correlate more with the Front Lot changes, so they can further soundproof studio facilities while future-proofing the park in the terms of sound bleed.

Last edited:
If Diagon is indeed back on the table, my guess would be the original spot of SNW for Universal Studios Hollywood (Mummy, Soundstages 33-37/41-43 and the rehearsal hall).

If this is the 2022 addition; then expect movement to begin at a fast pace. A good guess might be shortly after Labor Day.

...Part of me wonders, if this will correlate more with the Front Lot changes, so they can further soundproof studio facilities while future-proofing the park in the terms of sound bleed.
If I can ask, why would they put a second Potter Area so far away from the first when they have room in the upper lot where Waterworld and some stores are.

Why not have the lower lot for more Nintendo projects (Pokemon, Zelda, DK etc) or even maybe Monsters sub land?

If I can ask, why would they put a second Potter Area so far away from the first when they have room in the upper lot where Waterworld and some stores are.

Why not have the lower lot for more Nintendo projects (Pokemon, Zelda, DK etc) or even maybe Monsters sub land?

There is no space on the Upper Lot for Diagon (the only possible exception, that has seemingly been debunked, is the Tram Garage/Plaza if this is actually happening).

If they do it in the Lower Lot, the only viable location would have to be the original SNW plot. And even then, I wouldn't be shocked if the London/DA that we might see, is different from that of the Orlando version due to terrain and geographical matters. But this is on a high stress on if Diagon is back in the cards. It wouldn't surprise me, but I'm not counting the chickens before they start hatching.

I still say a ministry of magic attraction for Hollywoods D.A. would be awesome. I know epic universe is rumored to have one coming but if you make a drop style attraction for Hollywood would it not be a win win with it different than what’s rumored for U.E.U. and a space saver for a more fleshed out land possibly. Just my 2 cents which I know isn’t worth even a penny really.

I still say a ministry of magic attraction for Hollywoods D.A. would be awesome. I know epic universe is rumored to have one coming but if you make a drop style attraction for Hollywood would it not be a win win with it different than what’s rumored for U.E.U. and a space saver for a more fleshed out land possibly. Just my 2 cents which I know isn’t worth even a penny really.

In a similar vein, part of me kind-of wishes we just get Ministry of Magic over Hogwart's Express. It'd be an easy and simple change, one in which that could allow the Hollywood version to have it's own identity, if they go in the route of Diagon.

Hollywood is a sleeping giant. I don’t think people realize what this park may be in 5 years —-one of the most diverse parks in company in terms of ride systems and offerings for everyone
I hope so...but as a local who has gone for ten years now....I just don't see it as crowded as they want. Yes it has peak times but I've been there on busy nights close to closing and walked on the Potter rides with no lines...maybe the night time show is slowing guests from going to that area in the park but I just don't see it more corwded then say 5 years ago and while Nintendoland will draw people in at first will it after a year?

Seems like Universal is a place people go once every few years unlike Disneyland which people want to go to every 6 months....park of that to me is the lack luster Holday offerings compared to Disneyland and the other is while the parks for APs are cheap..for one day I'd rather go to knotts for cheaper or Disneyland the same price but WAY more to do.

I hope so...but as a local who has gone for ten years now....I just don't see it as crowded as they want. Yes it has peak times but I've been there on busy nights close to closing and walked on the Potter rides with no lines...maybe the night time show is slowing guests from going to that area in the park but I just don't see it more corwded then say 5 years ago and while Nintendoland will draw people in at first will it after a year?

Seems like Universal is a place people go once every few years unlike Disneyland which people want to go to every 6 months....park of that to me is the lack luster Holday offerings compared to Disneyland and the other is while the parks for APs are cheap..for one day I'd rather go to knotts for cheaper or Disneyland the same price but WAY more to do.
That would probably explain why they dropped prices on the passes so much.

I don’t think you are wrong on this at all. I think the biggest misstep on your post though is the fact that this park has been operating for quite some time now with essentially only 6-7 rides and sometimes even less than that depending on construction at the park.

Nintendo and Slop will put this number closer to 10 and whatever attraction comes next (whether it’s a Mummy replacement or a spot we aren’t considering) will only further solidify this park as a full day experience. This is why I called it a sleeping giant.

Based on what is fact: Universal Studios Hollywood is home to the best show in company (Water World), two of the most highly themed lands in the industry (Potter and Nintendo) it will have a revamped JW after next refurb, the studio tour, a slow style omnimover at PETS and that right there is already impressive for diversity and strength of park.

Further Potential: Whatever becomes of mummy (Something is happening) Me...I hope it’s Hollywood’s next unique, technologically advanced, indoor thrill ride. That’s what I would like to see it changed to. Outside of that, I have also heard murmurings of a potential change to a certain minion attraction. Not a closure... a change... Take these with a grain of salt, you know how things change as well as I do, just consider all of these facts and put together what this new park can potentially be in your head. This is the reason people will come back. There will be a LOT to do in due time.

I don’t think you are wrong on this at all. I think the biggest misstep on your post though is the fact that this park has been operating for quite some time now with essentially only 6-7 rides and sometimes even less than that depending on construction at the park.

Nintendo and Slop will put this number closer to 10 and whatever attraction comes next (whether it’s a Mummy replacement or a spot we aren’t considering) will only further solidify this park as a full day experience. This is why I called it a sleeping giant.

Based on what is fact: Universal Studios Hollywood is home to the best show in company (Water World), two of the most highly themed lands in the industry (Potter and Nintendo) it will have a revamped JW after next refurb, the studio tour, a slow style omnimover at PETS and that right there is already impressive for diversity and strength of park.

Further Potential: Whatever becomes of mummy (Something is happening) Me...I hope it’s Hollywood’s next unique, technologically advanced, indoor thrill ride. That’s what I would like to see it changed to. Outside of that, I have also heard murmurings of a potential change to a certain minion attraction. Not a closure... a change... Take these with a grain of salt, you know how things change as well as I do, just consider all of these facts and put together what this new park can potentially be in your head. This is the reason people will come back. There will be a LOT to do in due time.
Ohhh for Sure, as an AP holders for less than 200. Its worth it but I'm just saying I don't see many reasons after say Nintendo land for someone to come to Universal for a Day.
Since no construction has started I'm pretty sure we won't see an E ticket for 2-3 years after Nintendoland. Even then could be a rumored Clone attraction which while for APs isnt bad won't draw in huge crowds just like how the first Potter land had not as many people visiting as Universal wanted.

For what it is the park really is great, but its just no Disneyland or even what DCA has become, I love Water World/Tour but those for me I can only see once every 6 months at this point I just know them too well from coming a lot in College to get excited by them and think the Tour while cool really needs an upgrade or at least different sets it can visit to make it feel fresh each ride.

Also since this is a Potterland thread, anyone know why we haven't seen them try themed nights like Disneyland? A Yule Ball event to me would be perfect and think could draw lots of people in, but heck even 80's night with a beetjuice show in the Universal Plaza could bring some welcomed changes to the parks.

Ohhh for Sure, as an AP holders for less than 200. Its worth it but I'm just saying I don't see many reasons after say Nintendo land for someone to come to Universal for a Day.
Since no construction has started I'm pretty sure we won't see an E ticket for 2-3 years after Nintendoland. Even then could be a rumored Clone attraction which while for APs isnt bad won't draw in huge crowds just like how the first Potter land had not as many people visiting as Universal wanted.

For what it is the park really is great, but its just no Disneyland or even what DCA has become, I love Water World/Tour but those for me I can only see once every 6 months at this point I just know them too well from coming a lot in College to get excited by them and think the Tour while cool really needs an upgrade or at least different sets it can visit to make it feel fresh each ride.

Also since this is a Potterland thread, anyone know why we haven't seen them try themed nights like Disneyland? A Yule Ball event to me would be perfect and think could draw lots of people in, but heck even 80's night with a beetjuice show in the Universal Plaza could bring some welcomed changes to the parks.
I recall a few years back Universal Orlando did a survey about having a Potter Yule Ball.Since it never was followed through, it would be interesting to see what the survey results were.

I recall a few years back Universal Orlando did a survey about having a Potter Yule Ball.Since it never was followed through, it would be interesting to see what the survey results were.
Yeah, they must not think its worth it....yet. In the Future the Parks could have lots of fun nights, heck even a Pokemon Night with costume characters, food items, maybe a Projection show but mainly centered around Pokemon Go would be really fun and draw lots of people in.
If we do get a second Potterland then a Yule Ball would be just the best, you dress up with your guy/gal on your arm and go have a magical time.

Yeah, they must not think its worth it....yet. In the Future the Parks could have lots of fun nights, heck even a Pokemon Night with costume characters, food items, maybe a Projection show but mainly centered around Pokemon Go would be really fun and draw lots of people in.
If we do get a second Potterland then a Yule Ball would be just the best, you dress up with your guy/gal on your arm and go have a magical time.
I like the idea myself. It was part of a series of holiday season questions, many of which they've already adopted at Orlando the past two years. As you said, perhaps in the future. Good ideas never die. :up:

A ride photo is now available on the flight of the Hippogriff ride. Not sure how much. Also it is confusing to some because it is right outside Forbidden Journey people think it is for that ride.
7XoAESM.jpg

I’m curious if a condensed version of Hagrid’s could replace Water World. I noticed there’s less space when calculating the area, but I think it’d make sense to add a coaster if Mummy’s on the chopping block. Seems like the best available space to do so.

I’m curious if a condensed version of Hagrid’s could replace Water World. I noticed there’s less space when calculating the area, but I think it’d make sense to add a coaster if Mummy’s on the chopping block. Seems like the best available space to do so.
Its the best show in the park....IDK. We have room where the Tram loading station is (a good deal with warhouses and roads are if those can be used)
I would be down if they could make ours unique to USH