Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can somebody give me a quick rundown on the current speculation/knowledge of EU? I'm interested in learning more about this (I honestly know nothing about it as of now) but going through 289 pages of forum posting to learn does not sound fun lol.

Can somebody give me a quick rundown on the current speculation/knowledge of EU? I'm interested in learning more about this (I honestly know nothing about it as of now) but going through 289 pages of forum posting to learn does not sound fun lol.
I suggest going to Alicia's Theme Park Stop site. She just did a complete present day status run down compilation on Epic last week.

Just got around to watching the video! Seems like this land is going to knock it out of the park, I can't wait. Looks like it's being rumoured to open right as I graduate college so I know what I'll be doing to celebrate my graduation lol. One question (and forgive me if this was already addressed in the forum and I've missed them), but I'm surprised that they decided to not do a haunted house for the Universal Monsters location. This could just be the HHN fanboy in me coming out but I honestly thought they would have some sort of walkthrough attraction like that, especially with the success of their UM haunted houses at HHN in the past two years. Does anyone know if this was ever rumored or in the talks and they decided to not do it for one reason or another or did they never even consider it?

EDIT: Just realized double-post. Go ahead and delete the post above this one if you want mods, my bad.

Just got around to watching the video! Seems like this land is going to knock it out of the park, I can't wait. Looks like it's being rumoured to open right as I graduate college so I know what I'll be doing to celebrate my graduation lol. One question (and forgive me if this was already addressed in the forum and I've missed them), but I'm surprised that they decided to not do a haunted house for the Universal Monsters location. This could just be the HHN fanboy in me coming out but I honestly thought they would have some sort of walkthrough attraction like that, especially with the success of their UM haunted houses at HHN in the past two years. Does anyone know if this was ever rumored or in the talks and they decided to not do it for one reason or another or did they never even consider it?

EDIT: Just realized double-post. Go ahead and delete the post above this one if you want mods, my bad.
We might get a haunted house, but we just wouldn't know it yet (plans in flux, lack of known details on the second attraction in the land, etc).

We might get a haunted house, but we just wouldn't know it yet (plans in flux, lack of known details on the second attraction in the land, etc).
Oooh gotcha! I’m holding onto hope for it but it does make sense that, since daytime haunts tend to not be as popular, they might not do it. Granted, there is the smaller attraction building rumoured to be a theatre show, it looks around the right size for a house. Who knows though, I certainly don’t lol

Oooh gotcha! I’m holding onto hope for it but it does make sense that, since daytime haunts tend to not be as popular, they might not do it. Granted, there is the smaller attraction building rumoured to be a theatre show, it looks around the right size for a house. Who knows though, I certainly don’t lol
It's also possible that the queue for the Monsters ride could involve live actors to mimic a haunted house, but I'm not sure how far Universal is willing to go with it.

I am hoping for a plussed meet and greet

Posted a while back:
Honestly, I think it would be cool to have the potential Frankenstein’s Monster meet and greet be like the Ollivander’s show. Multi theater, walk us through the lab, and pick a kid to flip the switch that brings The Monster alive

Then let people snap picks galore

No need for a haunt in my book and I really don’t think day guests would care for it. Why waste the space on something people don’t care for?

Also, Hollywood has proven it doesn’t really work long term. How many different themes has TWD Attraction had in the past? I can think of at least four

Dropping something like that into a highly themed area seems like a bad idea as you cannot just change it out to keep it fresh as easily

Bring back the Universal Monsters that were in the Beetleguise Musical show for a similar lighthearted show in the land. That was a good show when it was at Studios, before the garbage F&F
attraction shut it down. Do a similar show, just skip the host who roams the Studio's park and its Horror Makeup show. .

Bring back the Universal Monsters that were in the Beetleguise Musical show for a similar lighthearted show in the land. That was a good show when it was at Studios, before the garbage F&F
attraction shut it down. Do a similar show, just skip the host who roams the Studio's park and its Horror Makeup show. .
I don’t need like a dark show per say but a show like that in Frankenstein’s Village would feel out of place to me. Perfect for the Studios, I’m not sure for EU. I expect something more “serious” for this land.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2021/210506e.pdf

(5)Change of Director(as of June 29, 2021)

① Anticipated new Director(excluding a Director as an Audit and Supervisory Committee Member)

Outside Director Chris Meledandri (Current: CEO of Illumination Entertainment)

Y'all...this means Universal is about to get all the IPs.
I’m not sure I understand what this means exactly... is this a film deal with Illumination for their other properties?

I’m not sure I understand what this means exactly... is this a film deal with Illumination for their other properties?

This bascially means the confidence in the current relationship of Universal and Nintendo, especially in part to Illumination's Super Mario film.

As @quinnmac000 says: I would expect Universal to be the main group in control of Nintendo IP's for adaptation. This doesn't necessarily mean film either.

To break it down, they are offering him a seat on the board in regards specifically to entertainment. That means Nintendo has confidence in a key Universal figure to guide them into the entertainment marketplace without hiring him. As a advisor, he will likely be in charge of monitoring and ensuring high quality as there was an interview 3 weeks ago stating that Nintendo wanted to move more into animation...the addition of Melendandri indicates Universal will get more projects as he is in charge of Illuminations and he has some oversight over DreamWorks (He is the reason the Puss reboot is happening). To go into Epic Universe this increases the likely more Nintendo IPs will be added to the parks. Nintendo may be getting a lot bigger presence at Universal Parks which will likely effect EPIC Universe.

This bascially means the confidence in the current relationship of Universal and Nintendo, especially in part to Illumination's Super Mario film.

As @quinnmac000 says: I would expect Universal to be the main group in control of Nintendo IP's for adaptation. This doesn't necessarily mean film either.
To break it down, they are offering him a seat on the board in regards specifically to entertainment. That means Nintendo has confidence in a key Universal figure to guide them into the entertainment marketplace without hiring him. As a advisor, he will likely be in charge of monitoring and ensuring high quality as there was an interview 3 weeks ago stating that Nintendo wanted to move more into animation...the addition of Melendandri indicates Universal will get more projects as he is in charge of Illuminations and he has some oversight over DreamWorks (He is the reason the Puss reboot is happening). To go into Epic Universe this increases the likely more Nintendo IPs will be added to the parks. Nintendo may be getting a lot bigger presence at Universal Parks which will likely effect EPIC Universe.
So TLDR; this partnership seems to be going swimmingly thus far. I love it!!!

Nintendo and Universal coming together was such a perfect combo, I’m happy to hear these kind of things.

So TLDR; this partnership seems to be going swimmingly thus far. I love it!!!

Nintendo and Universal coming together was such a perfect combo, I’m happy to hear these kind of things.
I agree to that it currently shows the current relationship between the two (technically 3) parties being absolutely at a really good stride, and means a lot for the upcoming Mario film for me in the terms of investment. My curiosity now lies with Pokemon, as Legendary is the current holder of the IP itself. While they are focused on a handful of films, they are working with multiple groups and not just Warner Bros. I kind of wonder that in a similar case to how Kong got shifted to WB, they might shift Pokemon to Universal, if Universal Pictures is willing to sink in the money for the IP to be adapted on that side.

Hopefully it also means in Pokemon's case, that it can be in EU sooner than later too.

I agree to that it currently shows the current relationship between the two (technically 3) parties being absolutely at a really good stride, and means a lot for the upcoming Mario film for me in the terms of investment. My curiosity now lies with Pokemon, as Legendary is the current holder of the IP itself. While they are focused on a handful of films, they are working with multiple groups and not just Warner Bros. I kind of wonder that in a similar case to how Kong got shifted to WB, they might shift Pokemon to Universal, if Universal Pictures is willing to sink in the money for the IP to be adapted on that side.

Hopefully it also means in Pokemon's case, that it can be in EU sooner than later too.
I want Pokemon there ASAP, but I also don’t want to see a ton of construction at a brand new park in year 1 or 2, it can disrupt your view sometimes. We shall see how the park is laid out tho and if that can be prevented to any degree.

I would be shocked if Pokemon is not in Orlando at some point though, and EU being Nintendo’s “base” park would be perfect for it.

I want Pokemon there ASAP, but I also don’t want to see a ton of construction at a brand new park in year 1 or 2, it can disrupt your view sometimes. We shall see how the park is laid out tho and if that can be prevented to any degree.
Well, they’re going for a whole “you can’t see beyond the land you’re in” design. While you would likely see cranes in the distance, it likely wouldn’t be an immediate distraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.