Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 289 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IOA has around 20, not including bars. I believe I only rattled off 15 from permits.

What’s different here is Epic seems to have more full service locations. While the other parks each have two inside the parks (Mythos and Confisco, Finnigans and Lombards,) Epic seems to have ~5. That’s more like a Disney park to me.
I prefer more sit downs in the current parks cause I like to sit and relax for a bit but, EU can suffice for that treat.

Joking aside, it's a very well researched video and made me so excited again for a project I thought was cancelled just a few months ago
Thank you! I felt after the pause was lifted it was definitely time to look at all those permits and things that were tangible over just rumors for once. Also, it's worth noting that nearly all of the permits discussed were submitted or approved while Epic was "paused."

Excited to see them start putting the pedal to the metal!

Figured this was relevant to this thread, given the Pokemon speculation.

Theme Park University is claiming that Pokemon will be replacing Spider-Man over at USJ, and will be using the same AR technology that Mario Kart uses (as well as the same screens and layout). Are we expecting whatever Pokemon attraction that comes here to be similar? And apparently there was a "first of its kind drop ride" planned for USJ as well.

Also, the same article claims that there was a Mack project planned for Pokemon at Kidzone. The project is apparently still alive, but it's no longer themed to Pokemon. I'm not sure which park it could be going to though.

Theme Park University is claiming that Pokemon will be replacing Spider-Man over at USJ, and will be using the same AR technology that Mario Kart uses (as well as the same screens and layout). Are we expecting whatever Pokemon attraction that comes here to be similar?

Also, the same article claims that there was a Mack project planned for Pokemon at Kidzone. The project is apparently still alive, but it's no longer themed to Pokemon. I'm not sure which park it could be going to though.

Mack Powered Invert for Pokemon in KidZone was definitely the last concept I heard for Pokemon last year.

Theme Park University is claiming that Pokemon will be replacing Spider-Man over at USJ, and will be using the same AR technology that Mario Kart uses (as well as the same screens and layout). Are we expecting whatever Pokemon attraction that comes here to be similar? And apparently there was a "first of its kind drop ride" planned for USJ as well.

Doesn’t sound bad but also I feel they could do so many other things than a Spider-Man overlay, let’s hope this is a USJ thing.

Also a drop tower ride with a Spidey type ride vehicle on it sounds like a stomach nightmare to me lol

This ride system, is a kind of hybrid Dark Ride/Coaster, would be a great addition to any universal park
I'm hoping to get to Europa to check Arthur out at some point:

Or we can use the one themed to an universal property....

So Pokemon is two coasters and a drop ride with a pokemon gym, quick service, and pokemon center...interesting. That would definitely add to the attraction count

I can't imagine Spidey with AR glasses. It will be interesting to see what happens with that

As far as the Mack coming to USF, could that be the "cancelled" order they were talking about?

I can't imagine Spidey with AR glasses. It will be interesting to see what happens with that

I'm skeptical. Can you even do AR and 3D through the same glasses? And if you're ditching the 3D and just going for regular ("flat") projected media on the screens, isn't that a step backwards?

In either case, AR sounds potentially like overkill on a ride layout that's already so heavily media-based.

I'm skeptical. Can you even do AR and 3D through the same glasses? And if you're ditching the 3D and just going for regular ("flat") projected media on the screens, isn't that a step backwards?

In either case, AR sounds potentially like overkill on a ride layout that's already so heavily media-based.
They do a fun effect in MK where objects on the a screen or projection mapped wall are slightly opaque and the AR fills in the rest...I guess it creates a 3D effect?

It seems like the screens on Spiderman are a bit closer to the vehicle so idk how well it'll work

Status
Not open for further replies.