Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Distancing has dropped from 6 feet to 3 feet & isn't being enforced nearly as hard (basically nonexistent at security). Additionally, temperature check is supposedly going away tomorrow from what I (along with others) have been told.
Not to mention that plexiglass has been taken away from most, if not all attractions from what I've seen. I think Kong is really the only one with plexi still. I'm still hoping for required masks by the time HHN rolls around cuz it just makes me feel safer but honestly, I can see it being simply recommended. God knows I'm still gonna wear one but it'll probably be nice for the costume and makeup artists to be able to work more with the actors face instead of having to cover it with a mask. It'll be nice to see what kind of makeup they had planned for the characters before COVID got in the way.

Not to mention that plexiglass has been taken away from most, if not all attractions from what I've seen. I think Kong is really the only one with plexi still. I'm still hoping for required masks by the time HHN rolls around cuz it just makes me feel safer but honestly, I can see it being simply recommended. God knows I'm still gonna wear one but it'll probably be nice for the costume and makeup artists to be able to work more with the actors face instead of having to cover it with a mask. It'll be nice to see what kind of makeup they had planned for the characters before COVID got in the way.

Hulk still has it. Imo, it actually fits in the Hulk load area since it’s supposed to be a lab

Distancing has dropped from 6 feet to 3 feet & isn't being enforced nearly as hard (basically nonexistent at security). Additionally, temperature check is supposedly going away tomorrow from what I (along with others) have been told.
To add on to this, I've been told that single rider lines will reopen again at several attractions and separate parties will begin riding together again tomorrow. So lots of guideline changes.

To add on to this, I've been told that single rider lines will reopen again at several attractions and separate parties will begin riding together again tomorrow. So lots of guideline changes.

Oh wow. That’s a pretty big change all at once, but as long as everyone stays masked on the rides, I think it should be fine. But I will definitely be glad to have SRL’s back. Huge timesaver for me.

That last one is a biggie. Didn't think that would happen until June at the earliest

Both, just by reading the tea leaves..

They're already adjusting policies at the Resort as we speak; and with recent announcements that Broadway is looking to open 100% capacity by Sept and Biden saying we would be going back to a pre-pandemic lifestyle by July 4th, I see no reason to believe it'll be a required need (barring a setback).

I'm not so sure about masks, especially after TSA just extended the mask mandate on planes and transit until September 13. Even California and New York are talking about full reopenings with mask use required or strongly encouraged this summer.

I feel like the tribute stores are a nice addition because the themes are going to always change based on the season and the creatives can have a fun project every once and while. Usually I find Universal merchandise kind of boring, but they spruce it up and go above and beyond when there is a tribute store to go along with it.

I do have some crap with the tribute stores, but they are of some reasonable quality and the merch is pretty decent.
I just feel like the tribute store was an HHN thing, now they are a dime a dozen.
It looks like that now it doesn't matter when you're going to park, there will always be a tribute store open for something.

Next year I'll bet on a Grad bash store. :dance:

It's funny, just a few hours after my post I saw the news from OI.

With distancing going down to 3 feet, we can almost definitely expect conga lines!

I don't.
I just feel like it takes away from how special the HHN tribute store is.
Personal opinion tho.

That's like not liking a band once they make the big time. "I liked tribute stores before it was cool to like them!" :)

I love them as someone who lives a flight away and just goes for HHN and in 2019 went to my first Mardis Gras and LOVED the shop. If you live in Orlando with an AP and go a few times a week, I guess you could get sick of the stores (though you're going back for the same rides, food, stores, etc every time so why the super cool themed stores are a bother is hard to understand). But as an out of towner, the "limited time only store" with special merchandise is awesome to check out and the limited availability and fully themed store lead me to want to purchase stuff that I certainly would have overlooked or ignored if it was just thrown in the main store up front between Harry Potter Wands and Minions stuffed animals. I've never been to the park around X-mas but have to admit one of the things I'd like to see most is the seasonal store and it's special wares.

And it's a STORE. Everything has stores. They don't have Grinch houses/mazes and holiday cheerzones full of cheeractors or anything. They aren't flooding the streets with green fog for St Patrick's Day. They aren't having a night time add on event for Easter. They don't have a turkey carver drill team at Thanksgiving. What differentiates HHN from everything else is still the same, the fact that HHN was the original guinea pig for having a fully themed limited time store that has been adopted by other limited time events isn't a bad thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.