Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, they’re going for a whole “you can’t see beyond the land you’re in” design. While you would likely see cranes in the distance, it likely wouldn’t be an immediate distraction.
Yeah I trust them to immerse you in the Hub and the lands of course if they’re like Nintendo, but it’s a natural concern. I’m too used to USF and IOA thru the 2010s haha, a Universal vacation without construction I legitimately don’t recall happening.

I'm really interested in what the intensity level of the hub coaster will be. Will it be something more like Hulk/HRRR/Dueling Dragons where it's thrilling (but not overly intense) or will they push it a little further after seeing the response to VC?

I want Pokemon there ASAP, but I also don’t want to see a ton of construction at a brand new park in year 1 or 2, it can disrupt your view sometimes. We shall see how the park is laid out tho and if that can be prevented to any degree.

I would be shocked if Pokemon is not in Orlando at some point though, and EU being Nintendo’s “base” park would be perfect for it.
Year 1, agree. Having expansion directly in site in opening year suggests it was an incomplete park. Year 2 is fine, it shows commitment to upgrading year after year.

I'd rather Pokemon come to Universal Studios instead (Kidzone). There's a ton of *Mario* related content they could still add at EU. Smash Bros show, Luigi's Mansion dark ride, and a Pikmin dark ride, each with supporting immersive land, would be more than enough to fill in that space.

Year 1, agree. Having expansion directly in site in opening year suggests it was an incomplete park. Year 2 is fine, it shows commitment to upgrading year after year.

I'd rather Pokemon come to Universal Studios instead (Kidzone). There's a ton of *Mario* related content they could still add at EU. Smash Bros show, Luigi's Mansion dark ride, and a Pikmin dark ride, each with supporting immersive land, would be more than enough to fill in that space.
If anything I wonder if they spread Mario across other parks.

If anything I wonder if they spread Mario across other parks.
I think the assumption would be to spread the Nintendo universe to other parks (eg Zelda at IOA, Pokemon at USF). But you could be right, maybe they choose to have the same IP at multiple parks similar to Potter.

Honestly I'm not picky either way... I just want it all to be built.

I think the assumption would be to spread the Nintendo universe to other parks (eg Zelda at IOA, Pokemon at USF). But you could be right, maybe they choose to have the same IP at multiple parks similar to Potter.

Honestly I'm not picky either way... I just want it all to be built.
Mario is as big, if not bigger than Harry Potter himself, so spreading Mario to USF wouldn’t be crazy to me whatsoever.

Luigi's Mansion has so much ride potential, it's not even funny. How it isn't in the plans is beyond me.

Luigi's Mansion has so much ride potential, it's not even funny. How it isn't in the plans is beyond me.
Because the main ride of the land is already an interactive dark ride shooter.

I doubt we see an expansion of Mario content. The existing land is pretty all-encompassing. Has the levels/platforming (interactive areas), Mario Kart, spin-offs (Captain Toad/Yoshi), Boss Battles (Bowser Jr), etc. if they really thought they were missing something, Donkey Kong would be more Mario

Because the main ride of the land is already an interactive dark ride shooter.

I doubt we see an expansion of Mario content. The existing land is pretty all-encompassing. Has the levels/platforming (interactive areas), Mario Kart, spin-offs (Captain Toad/Yoshi), Boss Battles (Bowser Jr), etc. if they really thought they were missing something, Donkey Kong would be more Mario
Yeah, they have everything that they need to appeal to anyone who has literally ever played Mario game in their life, and it doesn't matter if you haven't played since the 80's really. It's just those same core characters that everyone knows.

If they are expanding in any way, it's Pokemon.

I'm really interested in what the intensity level of the hub coaster will be. Will it be something more like Hulk/HRRR/Dueling Dragons where it's thrilling (but not overly intense) or will they push it a little further after seeing the response to VC?
Going seems pretty on par with West Coast Racers from the look of the layout

But that's not a great way to predict how it will feel lol

Going seems pretty on par with West Coast Racers from the look of the layout

But that's not a great way to predict how it will feel lol
I think if anything is going to drastically change from the concept art, the coaster is one of the most likely things. Sure, we saw a dueling out and back type coaster in the concept art, but until we see something a bit more official about what exactly is going into the park from Universal themselves, I feel like that coaster could be literally anything as of now.

I think if anything is going to drastically change from the concept art, the coaster is one of the most likely things. Sure, we saw a dueling out and back type coaster in the concept art, but until we see something a bit more official about what exactly is going into the park from Universal themselves, I feel like that coaster could be literally anything as of now.
still praying they build an RMC instead of a Mack (tho Mack isn’t a bad choice)

still praying they build an RMC instead of a Mack (tho Mack isn’t a bad choice)
Or that Intamin launched single rail design

That's very true

It's just vague enough to look like a lot of different manufacturers

Maybe it's a B&M surf coaster lol

Status
Not open for further replies.