Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF)

A bit different than the replacement conversation, but just wanted to add, that we rode Shrek this past week and the effects seemed to be working better than I've seen during past years. I guess they refurbed this pretty good while they were shut down for covid. We actually enjoyed this, with full effects working well, much more than the present Despicable Me attraction without 3D, that doesn't work very well on the smaller screen/theater that exists in Universal Orlando.

A bit different than the replacement conversation, but just wanted to add, that we rode Shrek this past week and the effects seemed to be working better than I've seen during past years. I guess they refurbed this pretty good while they were shut down for covid. We actually enjoyed this, with full effects working well, much more than the present Despicable Me attraction without 3D, that doesn't work very well on the smaller screen/theater that exists in Universal Orlando.

I've always said that my primary issue with Shrek is not so much the quality of the attraction itself, but the fact that the film was commercially released on home video.

If you do that, it no longer has any business being an attraction in a world class theme park. It's the same reason I don't like the inane "Pixar Short Film Festival" at Epcot.

I've always said that my primary issue with Shrek is not so much the quality of the attraction itself, but the fact that the film was commercially released on home video.

If you do that, it no longer has any business being an attraction in a world class theme park. It's the same reason I don't like the inane "Pixar Short Film Festival" at Epcot.

Completely agree. Also:

Toy_Story_Mania.jpg

Completely agree. Also:

Toy_Story_Mania.jpg
I see what you’re getting at, but at least with TSMM, you get that big, expansive queue that looks like Andy’s room, full of real-world detail and Easter eggs galore. Pixar and Shrek, you’re quite actually walking into a theater of varying degree of theming and watching something you could watch on your phone, in line for a different attraction.

SLOP (still the worst acronym ever) replacing Shrek would be a fair replacement, especially given its proximity to Minions. Plus, a ride with minimal screen usage = win! for the Studios. The only problem, if it did replace Shrek, there would be two Slop rides at the park..if you include Fast and Furious that is

SLOP (still the worst acronym ever) replacing Shrek would be a fair replacement, especially given its proximity to Minions. Plus, a ride with minimal screen usage = win! for the Studios. The only problem, if it did replace Shrek, there would be two Slop rides at the park..if you include Fast and Furious that is
Monsters Inc Laugh Floor is a far worse acronym.

ASS, MILF...You'd think someone would notice this stuff during development.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but SLOP and Yoshi are the same omnimover system?

So the track at EU could be staging for installation in USF for SLOP either to replace Shrek or go into KZ.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but SLOP and Yoshi are the same omnimover system?

So the track at EU could be staging for installation in USF for SLOP either to replace Shrek or go into KZ.
Pretty sure it’s for Yoshi. But other than the color, it is the same track type yes.